OT: Benedict Foreshadowing

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Put the football stadium right off campus so we can drink

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As though the man's job is purely about lobbying to get us into a better athletic conference. Are you people adults who work jobs? I don't know how people like that get through the days or get through normal family problems without melting down when they don't win the powerball jackpot.

I heard if he stopped performing all other tasks and only focused on CR, we'd be in the B1G by now.

Reaction Score
I'm a lot less down on the AAC than I was years ago. I think it's consistently getting better and doing what it can to get better and survive. And i'm fine with that. And yeah some of the better teams I'm interested in seeing now and then.

But I still want out. It's going to kill the program.

Reaction Score
Very important to let everyone know you're gonna be blunt and reveal you're a child who can only fixate on one thing (which will likely take a long time to happen if it ever does).
Hey, lets try to keep this adult and stop with the name calling, got it?

Wake me up when we have ACC, Big 12 or Big 10 painted on either side of the court at Gampel.
Indeed!

You are correct. But we all can dream...
Yes, even adults...

Probably not, rather saying that that kind of buildup should be reserved for a new conference announcement.
EXACTLY!

Are you people adults....

You are really fixated on that entire angle, aren´t you?

Are you people adults who work jobs? I don't know how people like that get through the days or get through normal family problems without melting down when they don't win the powerball jackpot.

What? That is really judgemental. How is having an opinion on a message board at all relevant to a person´s personal life? Especially based off of one or two posts? Is it normal for you to insult others with baseless, nonsensical insults when they write something you do not like? I am so sorry, perhaps you can get a private message from one of our friendly mods warning you of potential ¨polemic¨views within specific posts so you can avoid them without going off all half cocked.

Are you normally this condescending?

You seem to get awful upset about a message board. Take some deep breaths. It is ok.

Last edited:

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
The Auburn AD announced he'll be stepping down in June. Maybe Benedict was referring to that.

Side note: This is mostly a joke. I don't want Benedict to leave. He seems like a good AD.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If anyone paid any attention to UConn athletics as a whole, they knew exactly what AD Dave was hinting at on Twitter.
Seriously.

If there's anything our athletic department has been great at throughout this CR whirlwind is their uncanny ability to play dumb and clueless while distracting the fan base with vanilla crap like this. They know exactly how bad they screwed up in that whole audition back when the ACC was expanding.

Next month Benedict will tweet "Just had a spectacular sit down with Swofford!" Only for his follow up tweet the next day to be that he met his old friend Swofford for a round of golf.

Reaction Score
Yeah thats a game i get up for but thats about it. I miss the days of going up against all those big east schools where it felt like every game was a top 25 matchup and the rivalries were real.
Maybe it’s just me, but I never get excited for games against Cinci. They’re a good program and I’m happy they’re in the AAC, but they play a worse brand of basketball than those old Pitt teams.

I’m more relieved than anything when those games are over.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s just me, but I never get excited for games against Cinci. They’re a good program and I’m happy they’re in the AAC, but they play a worse brand of basketball than those old Pitt teams.

It's not just you. They were just an average game in the Big East. That might be generous honestly. They're kind of our rival by default now, and that 4OT game helped with that. Still, it's not a natural rivalry and there's not much history. It's just kind of the best thing we have in this conference, which is sad. I'd say I'm looking forward to playing Wichita State but I'm a little worried we might be outgunned there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Few meaningful games. Always a midseason game with no real implications for post season. Only the JA game stands out in any sport and that's more a reason for them.

Reaction Score
Hey, lets try to keep this adult and stop with the name calling, got it?

Indeed!

Yes, even adults...

EXACTLY!

You are really fixated on that entire angle, aren´t you?

What? That is really judgemental. How is having an opinion on a message board at all relevant to a person´s personal life? Especially based off of one or two posts? Is it normal for you to insult others with baseless, nonsensical insults when they write something you do not like? I am so sorry, perhaps you can get a private message from one of our friendly mods warning you of potential ¨polemic¨views within specific posts so you can avoid them without going off all half cocked.

Are you normally this condescending?

You seem to get awful upset about a message board. Take some deep breaths. It is ok.
Oh so sorry I used the word "child" I get that that might have triggered you, it is such a truly awful word that should be removed from our language in this day and age. I will spend time thinking about my mistakes and spending time with God to try to recover from the awful bullying I've done that must have put you into such a deep depression. "Child" can cause so much anguish to a fellow adult.... I've learned from my horrible horrible cruel decision

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Chief will have it first, I'm sure.

Regardless, he will tell you he broke the news....

Break that news??
He'll tell us how he made that news

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom