Bench Gibbs. Start Adams. | The Boneyard

Bench Gibbs. Start Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Best floor game, overall game, by Gibbs this year. Have to think he figures things out. He's too good a player not to eventually.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Are you identifying yourself as a bench Gibbs boy?

Nope, but before this game you can't say Gibbs had been playing much better than Adams. I was for playing both close to equally and riding the hot hand, taking it on a game-to-game basis. Gibbs was awesome tonight, and Adams has struggled the last few games. It's clear right now that Gibbs needs to start, but it wasn't a few games ago.

Reaction Score
Listened to radio only. Sounds like Adams layed an egg and Gibbs carried us home. I am a play Adams more guy and Gibbs less. I didn't necessarily mean start Adams over Gibbs. Just play Adams more. Which is happening..... so I'm happy.

Reaction Score
Nope, but before this game you can't say Gibbs had been playing much better than Adams. I was for playing both close to equally and riding the hot hand, taking it on a game-to-game basis. Gibbs was awesome tonight, and Adams has struggled the last few games. It's clear right now that Gibbs needs to start, but it wasn't a few games ago.
Yes, I could. Because he was Huge early. Clutch in Texas. And Jalen -who I think will be great- still plays like a frosh.

Reaction Score
It's your typical veteran/frosh dilemma. Jalen's first conference road test. We all knew it would be an ugly game and freshmen normally do not excel in these environments. Gibbs veteran poise shone through. Doesn't mean he should start or be benched or whatever. Just have to hope the team doesn't need to rely on one player any given game.

Reaction Score
Jalen has been struggling for a few games now, not much going on there but he'll be fine. Gibbs has been fine and he kind of threw some crow into some mouths tonight, good for him (Pcktnfiels)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes, I could. Because he was Huge early. Clutch in Texas. And Jalen -who I think will be great- still plays like a frosh.

Gibbs played well against terrible teams, and not so good against the good team we played. He played badly against Texas until the last few minutes, when he was great, and he was terrific tonight. Based on the results, nobody would have said Gibbs had been markedly better than Adams before the last few games. So, like I said, it's easy to praise Gibbs after a game like this. Great work, Captain Hindsight!

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Gibbs shows the ability to get into the lane but he has not been able to finish strong at the tin.

I know he has said he was working with Ollie on ways to finish over taller defenders but he needs to add the floater to his arsenal or find a way to go up stronger and draw contact (if the zebras will be so nice as to actually give him the benefit of their whistle)

H

huskymagic

Gibbs had a good second half and deserves praise for his poise down the stretch. Jalen has been struggling last few games. He hasn't looked good or comfortable at all on the court. He needs to regain his confidence and his handle has been shaky lately as well. I am a big Adams proponent but he needs to play better against Tulane.

Reaction Score
Gibbs shows the ability to get into the lane but he has not been able to finish strong at the tin.

I know he has said he was working with Ollie on ways to finish over taller defenders but he needs to add the floater to his arsenal or find a way to go up stronger and draw contact (if the zebras will be so nice as to actually give him the benefit of their whistle)

Agree stop and pop because he doesn't finish well at all. But he had a wonderful game overall, MVP tonight with Rodney.

Reaction Score
Gibbs had a good second half and deserves praise for his poise down the stretch. Jalen has been struggling last few games. He hasn't looked good or comfortable at all on the court. He needs to regain his confidence and his handle has been shaky lately as well. I am a big Adams proponent but he needs to play better against Tulane.

Tulane? How about Texas? Listen we need him to be better, makes Gibbs better. He will come around but he's having a tough time needs to slow down a little I think.

Reaction Score
Gibbs is a proven player. He has been there and acts like it at the end of games. He will get better over the course of the season (as will Adams). But ignoring his pedigree is stupid.

Jalen needs more seasoning and Ollie should be sure he gets it. He could be great by March. But he should be motivated by having to earn his minutes.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, Gibbs will definitely be in at the end of close games for his foul shooting. I don't see that changing.

Reaction Score
Gibbs is a proven player. He has been there and acts like it at the end of games. He will get better over the course of the season (as will Adams). But ignoring his pedigree is stupid.

Jalen needs more seasoning and Ollie should be sure he gets it. He could be great by March. But he should be motivated by having to earn his minutes.

Agreed. Jalen needs to earn his minutes. He is better on D and in transition.

If they're down by a little late in games play Jalen for exactly those 2 reasons. If they're up by a little late in games play sterling for his poise and free throw percentage.

Jalen will NOT start over sterling the entire season. Gibbs momentum is on the upward and Jalen's is on the downward. I believe we have't seen Gibbs' best self yet. This guy's gonna be key for us come March, just wait and see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The last four minutes of the game Gibbs was controlling the rock. This was his game to put the team on his decision making shoulders. He was going to score on a basket or get fouled. He forced the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom