Beer | Page 264 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
i've seen teku glasses for awhile... maybe 5-6 years. But yeah, I dont know that any beer goes in them naturally by culture or style and as a beer drinker I want something that is "oopsie" stable. I stop at tulip glasses (usually Saison styles) and goblet style glasses (trappist type beers)
I usually put the heavies in the teku. I bought one from Tox that came with their anniversary imperial stout a few years ago. Something in my brain equates that glass with anything really heavy. Glassware is huge for me. I pay attention to how beer is served to me and try to replicate it as much as possible. I also look to see how major beer producers present their beer in their own glassware. Crazy Bruce’s is my go to for glassware. Picked up Chimay goblets and Fin Du Monde tulips for $3 a piece, Palm snifters and Peroni Pilsner glasses for $2.

Reaction Score
Shout out to Willibrew for doing it right for a long time. The Warden and I went up to campus last weekend and took the kid out to lunch. Food was dynamite as always and the Octoberfest was wonderful malty goodness.

Reaction Score
Went to Dudleytown Brewing in Windsor yesterday and the place is fantastic. Really cool atmosphere, great staff and an incredible space inside and out. Inside has a "haunted" industrial feel with floating candles and a giant metal tree sculpture. There are two areas for outdoor seating, one by the parking lot with a musical duo, and one in the back that goes on for days and overlooks a softball field.

The beer: I started with and finished with their Octoberfest, it was very, very good. I also got a sample of their two West Coast IPAs. One hopped up (Execration) and one well balanced with malt (Wandering Eye). The Warden tried both fruited sours and settled on the version with Passionfruit, Orange, Tangerine, and Apricot. I tried them as well and thought they were both really good. Washed it all down with some Bear's BBQ.

Reaction Score
Went to Dudleytown Brewing in Windsor yesterday and the place is fantastic. Really cool atmosphere, great staff and an incredible space inside and out. Inside has a "haunted" industrial feel with floating candles and a giant metal tree sculpture. There are two areas for outdoor seating, one by the parking lot with a musical duo, and one in the back that goes on for days and overlooks a softball field.

The beer: I started with and finished with their Octoberfest, it was very, very good. I also got a sample of their two West Coast IPAs. One hopped up (Execration) and one well balanced with malt (Wandering Eye). The Warden tried both fruited sours and settled on the version with Passionfruit, Orange, Tangerine, and Apricot. I tried them as well and thought they were both really good. Washed it all down with some Bear's BBQ.
Anybody know anything about the owners of this place? It certainly isn't your typical rehabbed old factory building. It's an amazing Taj Mahal of brewing. We've seen a few breweries build a place like this after being in biz for a while (Counterweight), not right out of the gate.

Reaction Score
Anybody know anything about the owners of this place? It certainly isn't your typical rehabbed old factory building. It's an amazing Taj Mahal of brewing. We've seen a few breweries build a place like this after being in biz for a while (Counterweight), not right out of the gate.
I don't know much about them, but it looks like a nephew/uncle team. The LinkedIn page for the uncle sows that he works for an environmental firm. I didn't realize that the building is the former indoor motocross arena.

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about this new place on Pratt Street in Hartford? Thinking could be a good pre-meal/bar place before UConn games. Their original location is in Manchester but have never heard of it before (Right click and Open in Incognito Window).

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about this new place on Pratt Street in Hartford? Thinking could be a good pre-meal/bar place before UConn games. Their original location is in Manchester but have never heard of it before (Right click and Open in Incognito Window).

Went on Friday and the place was pretty sweet! Two levels, very well done inside. Beer was pretty good, had the 4 year anniversary and one called '1823', both IPAs, would give them about 4/5

Reaction Score

I went Thursday for the ribbon cutting and grand opening. The space is really cool as @UConnSean said. Two bars inside and they were selling beer out of the window to the street. Their beer has never really wowed me, but it's serviceable and the food is pretty good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Had a Son of Juice by Maplewood Brewing at the Midway airport in Chicago. Better than any beer we had in Vegas by far. @superjohn I don't know if you are a beer guy, but it looks like a cool place.
What a coincidence, so did I on Tuesday. I almost went with Harry Caray IPA until I spied a fella a couple of seats down with a good-looking draft and asked what it was.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was wondering if any of you folks with more insight into local beer can tell me how a row of this ends up in a liquor store in Sparks, NV.

Fat Cat.jpg

Reaction Score
I was wondering if any of you folks with more insight into local beer can tell me how a row of this ends up in a liquor store in Sparks, NV.

View attachment 92256
That beer is distributed by Twelve Percent Beer Project in North Haven, which distributes its portfolio of brands, including FOC, to more than three dozen states. That beer goes through so many temperature changes in its journey, degrading the beer. Better to grab something local.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That beer is distributed by Twelve Percent Beer Project in North Haven, which distributes its portfolio of brands, including FOC, to more than three dozen states. That beer goes through so many temperature changes in its journey, degrading the beer. Better to grab something local.
I supported the home team. It was fine.

Reaction Score
The Warden had to stop quick at Highland Park and texted me to see if I needed any beer. This was her answer to “anything brown.” It’s freaking fantastic! Malty as hell with a subtle hop kick.
IMG_1328-compressed.jpeg

Although I’m still working through all of the local Octoberfests, I couldn’t pass up the first Celebration of the season.
IMG_1334-compressed.jpeg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Crucial Mass from Counterweight. A beer that used to be perfect. Then they added tons more hops to make it super juicy.

Had a rough day so I grabbed some.
20231026_173055~2.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

View attachment 92256
It's probably the 1 produced beer at 12% in North Haven. I am a FOC fan boy but this brew doesn't do it for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom