Beer | Page 268 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Heard their golf course in Haverhill is sweet. And there’s rumors of expansion in my old hometown of Meriden on Research Parkway. They know how to create a winning venue for sure. Honestly haven’t found a beer they make I like, even their Pilsner is hoppy.
That’d make sense for a new location. Looking forward to seeing their new Saratoga location too!!

Reaction Score
Heard their golf course in Haverhill is sweet. And there’s rumors of expansion in my old hometown of Meriden on Research Parkway. They know how to create a winning venue for sure. Honestly haven’t found a beer they make I like, even their Pilsner is hoppy.
What are your top 2-3 breweries right now?

Reaction Score
What are your top 2-3 breweries right now?

Anheuser Busch, Guinness, Rolling Rock (for obvious reasons)….:D

Not just Tree House most breweries aren’t for me. The occasional Pilsner, Kolsch or Lager I can handle other than that don’t like these sours, IPAs, fruity beers.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How are you hearing "Treehouse" being connected to that RJ story about Research Pkwy?

Reaction Score
They
How are you hearing "Treehouse" being connected to that RJ story about Research Pkwy?
It’s definitely not Treehouse. The developer is looking to build a 16,000 sq ft facility “modeled after” Treehouse.

Reaction Score
They

It’s definitely not Treehouse. The developer is looking to build a 16,000 sq ft facility “modeled after” Treehouse.
Pretty interesting wonder how many breweries would want/be able to do this

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
They

I heard my fave brewery Tox is fitting out a former dept store space on Bank Street in New London.

Reaction Score
I heard my fave brewery Tox is fitting out a former dept store space on Bank Street in New London.
this is indeed the case. I was down there over xmas. Frankly, as you know, Tox is cramped to hell. I know nothing about their new location, hopefully it goes smooth. Breweries are as much culture as anything else and going from strip mall to big restaurant space is an entire attitude change.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting wonder how many breweries would want/be able to do this
One that is well capitalized. But still, that’s a huge roll of the dice. No established brand, no history of great beer, no track record of great customer experience… and you want to open a 16,000 sq ft space. In Meriden. In a year where craft breweries are projected to shutter at a record pace. Good luck to them.

Reaction Score
One that is well capitalized. But still, that’s a huge roll of the dice. No established brand, no history of great beer, no track record of great customer experience… and you want to open a 16,000 sq ft space. In Meriden. In a year where craft breweries are projected to shutter at a record pace. Good luck to them.
I feel like TreeHouse has been able to maintain quality in their expansion but many have not. Other Half has taken a small step backwards in my opinion. Respect Alchemist and Hill Farmstead for staying true to their model.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
this is indeed the case. I was down there over xmas. Frankly, as you know, Tox is cramped to hell. I know nothing about their new location, hopefully it goes smooth. Breweries are as much culture as anything else and going from strip mall to big restaurant space is an entire attitude change.
Agree. I am a big fan of the brews coming out of 12% but that cavernous taproot is not my bag. I love the small places like Tox, Coles Road and Myrcene (formerly 30 Mole.) Also, Caius and Stewards of the Land.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Then there is Little House. Talk about cramped.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just an observation and I wonder if others are seeing something similar. It came from some recent small brewery visits combined with my Ireland trip.

My sense is that the brewery has become the pub. The local pub either never existed or is gone in most of the U.S. A place that doesn't have a 4 page menu, booths, dozens of TVs and may not have food at all or is BYOF. A place where people can go hang out after work or on the weekend and have a pint with friends. Sometimes with local live music. The beer at those breweries isn't going to touch Treehouse type places known for the quality of the beer. That's fine, it's you "local". These places are sprouting up everywhere. It's a welcome development. Ten years ago this did not exist.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I think of Meriden beer, I think of the late Firefly Hollow.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Breweries were going hyper local even 5-6 years ago. It's what it will be. Every town of 10k plus will have at least one down the line.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When I think of Meriden beer, I think of the late Firefly Hollow.
They were in Bristol. I think they are about to start contract brewing somewhere.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
An OT for those who prefer the harder stuff, no reason why the flagship University of the state isn't the institution offering this program, considering most likely their students (and definitely it's graduates) are the #1 consumers of these products vs. other schools in Connecticut ;)

Reaction Score
An OT for those who prefer the harder stuff, no reason why the flagship University of the state isn't the institution offering this program, considering most likely their students (and definitely it's graduates) are the #1 consumers of these products vs. other schools in Connecticut ;)

I can put out a good reason, the market is going to deflate on this in 3 years.

There's a lot of demand right now but once those grads realize they aren't going to make 20.00 dollars more than before it's going to shock back. I have a friend that's enrolling in the brand new Auburn grad program.

Reality is that brewing, at the ground level, is still a very much working man job (man as a generalization, back off), it is very much a job that can be learned by reading books and then applying knowledge, it is still very much an applied job. Having academic fundamentals will help but it will not make you another 25k a year unless you instead of brewing go into waste water management.

I would say "no" to UConn doing a program unless one is already in the works.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I can put out a good reason, the market is going to deflate on this in 3 years.

There's a lot of demand right now but once those grads realize they aren't going to make 20.00 dollars more than before it's going to shock back. I have a friend that's enrolling in the brand new Auburn grad program.

Reality is that brewing, at the ground level, is still a very much working man job (man as a generalization, back off), it is very much a job that can be learned by reading books and then applying knowledge, it is still very much an applied job. Having academic fundamentals will help but it will not make you another 25k a year unless you instead of brewing go into waste water management.

I would say "no" to UConn doing a program unless one is already in the works.
I guess you didn't read the post, distillation, not brewing.

Reaction Score
I guess you didn't read the post, distillation, not brewing.
it is the beer thread, I agree I made an assumption. I get the feeling distillation programs are much rarer. My mistake.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
it is the beer thread, I agree I made an assumption. I get the feeling distillation programs are much rarer. My mistake.
No worries LOL, beer is fine, I'm a Bud guy, not into craft brew except for a good Octoberfest in season, liquor is quicker!

Reaction Score
No worries LOL, beer is fine, I'm a Bud guy, not into craft brew except for a good Octoberfest in season, liquor is quicker!
i wish i knew more liquor but it'd take away from the beer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom