So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was in the Netherlands for a UConn MBA class in 1995. (easiest 6 credits I ever earned). I went to a pub in Amsterdam and bought a Heineken. I drank it and went back for another. This time I order Amstel and the bartender told me that Heineken and Amstel were the same. Is that true?

1995 was a long time ago but Amstel is owned by Heineken and is brewed in the same locations but as far as I know they've always been different beers.

I've been over to Netherlands and Amesterdam each of the past few years and I've never heard or seen anything suggesting they are the same beer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the Spacecoast here in Florida, I have seen a few beer pairing events with Girl Scout cookies over the past month. Is that a thing anywhere else? I haven't been to one and probably won't but the bartender at World of Beer in Viera told me that a thin mint would be paired with a chocolate beer.

Right on time.

In Pensacola, FL at Perfect Plain Brewery.

20230306_165130.jpg

Reaction Score
The hot and medium Jalapeño Jack variants are the perfect beach or lawnmower beers.

this was a fave of mine when out in Colorado.

Reaction Score
Did a drive-by at Marlowe in Nyack on Friday afternoon. Zac Ross is so on his game right now. The guy simply doesn’t miss. I dislike brown ales and find them boring. His was dynamic. Czech dark lager and German pils were special. This is his new DDH 6% IPA, William, named for his father. Body of a pale ale with the flavor profile of a hop-saturated, fruity DIPA… he coaxes so much flavor out of lower ABV beers.

A28B53F3-AFD6-41C9-8873-594DDD941BBD.jpeg

Reaction Score
I tried my first Marlowe today because of you jabronis. This one is fantastic.
That’s a great beer, brewed only once a year. Canned in November. Glad to hear it was still good. Had some Marlowe yesterday. Nelson-hopped variant of the Asking Kindly IPA series. 7% ABV and tastes like candied mango and honeydew.

31A781CC-F10D-4F6D-A95B-6A6B6D1F2A59.jpeg

Reaction Score
That’s a great beer, brewed only once a year. Canned in November. Glad to hear it was still good. Had some Marlowe yesterday. Nelson-hopped variant of the Asking Kindly IPA series. 7% ABV and tastes like candied mango and honeydew.

I have been shying away from IPAs lately, just kind of burnt out on them, but you guys were the instigators for me picking up the 4-pack. I did read that they only brew this for their anniversary each year. Deliciously drinkable at 8%, I wiped out the 4-pack last night. I think I'll dive a little deeper into their other beers.

Reaction Score
I have been shying away from IPAs lately, just kind of burnt out on them, but you guys were the instigators for me picking up the 4-pack. I did read that they only brew this for their anniversary each year. Deliciously drinkable at 8%, I wiped out the 4-pack last night. I think I'll dive a little deeper into their other beers.
Looks like you’re up in Farmington, so it isn’t a quick trip… but if you’re ever in Westchester, Rockland or Putnam counties in NY, I suggest you hit their small brewery and tap room in Nyack. Pushing out lower ABV lagers, pilsners, pale ales on tap. Just fantastic beers. He is canning an English dark mild at 12% Beer Project in the next few weeks, which should be available at packies throughout CT.

Reaction Score
Looks like you’re up in Farmington, so it isn’t a quick trip… but if you’re ever in Westchester, Rockland or Putnam counties in NY, I suggest you hit their small brewery and tap room in Nyack. Pushing out lower ABV lagers, pilsners, pale ales on tap. Just fantastic beers. He is canning an English dark mild at 12% Beer Project in the next few weeks, which should be available at packies throughout CT.
Yep, I'm in Farmington, but I do get down that way on occasion. Thanks for the heads up on the mild. English style beers are dominating my palate right now. Always looking for an ESB and their relatives.

Reaction Score
For the Mojo. Husky IPA. Saw today for first time. Had to by. View attachment 86360
These guys are a gypsy operation here in Stamford. They essentially find breweries with excess capacity and move around. Primarily out of Lock City in Stamford, but they’ve also brewed at Veracious in Monroe and over the border in Port Chester. Super nice guys but their beers are average at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom