Beer | Page 211 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
The Country Deli in Brattleboro (Exit 2 off 91) is always a stop for us; they also have a restroom now in their "new" building next door (I think they've had it around five years now):

Worthy Burger in South Royalton is another great stop, but a little more out of the way:

The Country Deli in Brattleboro (Exit 2 off 91) is always a stop for us; they also have a restroom now in their "new" building next door (I think they've had it around five years now):

Worthy Burger in South Royalton is another great stop, but a little more out of the way:

But much more convenient is Worthy Burger Too right in Waitsfield.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Mad Taco? Is that because of Covid? Is their menu limited now?

I would hope they still have the smoked pork belly, carnitas, al pastor and pork and kimchi!

No I meant the food at Lawsons itself. I was on a schedule so I arrived at Lawsons right at opening so I couldn’t hit Mad Taco as they didn’t open until noon.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Not a great menu but if you want to have some food and a couple of beers you need to make a reservation on the website.
Thank you for the heads up. With it being such a long ride home, I usually hold off on the beer until I make it home. In April I took a trip up there to load up, and I stopped at the Quechee Gorge on the way home for a short hike, some fresh air, and lunch. As per @8893, I will try the taco spot this time.

Reaction Score
It hasn't been going on. Double Sip is the same recipe and brew as Sip of Sunshine, only it's brewed in Lawson's in VT, not at Two Roads in CT. They do not distribute to CT. I love me some Double.

Sip vs Double Sunshine

I highly recommend reading my review for Lawson’s Finest Sip of Sunshine IPAbefore diving into this one. Double Sunshine, despite the name, is not the Double IPA version of Sip of Sunshine. In fact, it has the exact same ABV as Sip of Sunshine at 8%. The confusion stems not only from the name, but the can labels themselves. Double Sunshine has the words “Double IPA” on the can while Sip of Sunshine says “India Pale Ale” in the same spot. Here’s where they differ, though. Double Sunshine is made on-site at Lawson’s in Vermont whereas Sip of Sunshine is contract brewed in Connecticut thanks to surging demand. Double Sunshine is also an older recipe, debuting back in 2010 vs. 2014 for Sip O’. I first tried Double Sunshine in 2012 when it came in glass bombers with gold foil like this. Then last autumn, I was fortunate to visit Lawson’s new brewery and had a chance to revisit it.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Mad Taco? Is that because of Covid? Is their menu limited now?

I would hope they still have the smoked pork belly, carnitas, al pastor and pork and kimchi!
There's a place in the far corner of the "L" of the same strip mall as Mad Taco that sells the best fried chicken I've had this side of Gus' in Memphis.

Reaction Score
My last Lawson’s post. I played golf yesterday and it was 4.5 hours to play. 4 Little Sips was the perfect beer of choice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Small rant. Anybody else in Massachusetts thorough pissed about the incredibly stupid new rule in MA that breweries must serve a meal to everyone buying beer. Even outside. It’s not based on any science and hurts local small businesses. Plus, we only have about two months of outdoor beer drinking weather left.

Now back to our regularly scheduled beer .
C35AB361-A5DD-4AC1-A364-ED8ED1DF5F21.jpeg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Small rant. Anybody else in Massachusetts thorough pissed about the incredibly stupid new rule in MA that breweries must serve a meal to everyone buying beer. Even outside. It’s not based on any science and hurts local small businesses. Plus, we only have about two months of outdoor beer drinking weather left.

Now back to our regularly scheduled beer . View attachment 58209

Yeah because getting in a 150 person line at Treehouse doesnt sound like a mini super spreader event.

LOL.

I get people are restless, the virus still here and wreaking havoc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah because getting in a 150 person line at Treehouse doesnt sound like a mini super spreader event.

LOL.

I get people are restless, the virus still here and wreaking havoc.

You can still do that for cans. But from drafts it is table service only and you must order food. Even outside. The positive test rate in MA is now below 1%. It's a ridiculous policy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You can still do that for cans. But from drafts it is table service only and you must order food. Even outside. The positive test rate in MA is now below 1%. It's a ridiculous policy.

Maybe the ridiculous policy is why the positive test rate is below 1%

Food for thought.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Maybe the riduclous policy is why the positive test rate is below 1%

Food for thought.
With bars closed, microbreweries become an attractive option for getting sloshed in a group setting, even if it's outdoors.

Reaction Score
Treehouse’s contactless pickup operation is world class, in my opinion. But get your point. Other Half’s set up is terrific as well. Much easier ordering and picking up beer than before. Anyone with thoughts on TH’s Tree of Life lottery that just popped up?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@8893 I got the Slow Burn today at Mad Taco. Great advice. Pulled pork with cilantro, about verde and pineapple chunks. I also loaded up the trunk with Lawson’s. Heck of a day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom