So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Glad you realize your tastes are inferior and that you should apologize. I actually enjoy Sweetwater, its an easy drinkable beer but its nothing special. They were able to deliver a consistent quality and latched on early to the microbrew movement for the Southeast which allowed them to thrive. Try some of the beers from out west or further up into the Northeast when you are ready to move past Sweetwater.

For those that want to keep up with local brews in CT, http://ctbeertrail.net/ (Follow them on Facebook too, they started organizing Bus trips to various breweries in CT).

#BrewConn #HomeBrewin

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sweetwater is okay. Nothing mesmerizing. Solid beer though. (I haven't seen it up in CT but I grew up around Atlanta

Sweetwater fills a role similar to Sam Adams. It's widely available, it's consistent and there's enough choices to cover pairing up with the essential food groups (Nachos, wings, fried platters, hoagies, burgers and Jaeger Bombs).

Reaction Score
I recently came across six packs from a brewery in Stratford called Two Roads (as in Robert Frost, "Two roads diverged in a forest... I took the one less traveled"). I tried their Saison and Pils, both very good, I liked the Saison a bit better - nice malty complexity.
I second this. I've tried the Saison, Double IPA, and white IPA and they are all fantastic. Haven't gotten around to the Pils yet.

Also pretty hard to find but Bluepoint brews a White IPA as well that is really good. Most package stores sell Bluepoint but I've only found the white IPA at one and only in a can- but man is it good.

Also if you're big into craft brews I highly recommend checking out
http://www.beerfestamerica.com/ in Providence.
They have a spring show every April (more spring/summer brews featured) and a fall show every November (more fall/winter brews). I've been for the past 4-5 years and it's always a great time. $40 for all you can drink.

Make sure to get a hotel room!

Reaction Score
Sweet water is the best beer I've ever had. Only sell it in the south I think, sadly.
Also judging by the extraordinary growth in the company a lot of other people do too. I agree it is probably in the Sam Adams genre maybe a little below but I love the 420 as my workhorse beer. I dont always want to drink a beer thats overly spiced and rich and has more stuff in it than a fruit cake. Water, hops , Barley and yeast pretty simple stuff and it will taste good and refreshing.

Also sweetwater is occasionally seen in The Walking Dead. So if its good to drink before the apocolypse got to be good!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also judging by the extraordinary growth in the company a lot of other people do too. I agree it is probably in the Sam Adams genre maybe a little below but I love the 420 as my workhorse beer. I dont always want to drink a beer thats overly spiced and rich and has more stuff in it than a fruit cake. Water, hops , Barley and yeast pretty simple stuff and it will taste good and refreshing.

Also sweetwater is occasionally seen in The Walking Dead. So if its good to drink before the apocolypse got to be good!

Took me a long time to "get" the 420 reference. For the longest time I figured it had to do with an off-shoot of I-20 which goes through Atlanta.
It takes on a whole different meaning if you look at it as 4:20.

Reaction Score
Took me a long time to "get" the 420 reference. For the longest time I figured it had to do with an off-shoot of I-20 which goes through Atlanta.
It takes on a whole different meaning if you look at it as 4:20.
Check this out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360195638.758795.jpg

Could this be why it's 420. I snapped this when shopping at total wine.

Reaction Score
Something to enjoy on those cold winter nights in New England.

Blue Point Brewing Company's Sour Cherry Stout

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130206/LIFE/302060008/Beer-Garden-toast-Blue-Point-s-brewing-gear

The name only refers to the tart, fresh cherries added to the beer during fermentation. Not sour whatsoever, this Russian Imperial Stout is so dark brown that it’s almost black. A milk-chocolate head fluffs up tall and recedes to a nice thin cap that stays for the duration. It’s deeply scented with toast, coffee, vanilla, cocoa and a touch of maraschino. Flavors are rich and rewarding; creamy dark chocolate, roasted grain and candied cherry with a smooth texture.
Do you eat it or drink it?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do you eat it or drink it?

I walk right past it. I hardly ever drink a stout or a bock. I'm definitely an ale and pilsner kind of guy. And an occasional IPA.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I just want to be able to buy Yuengling in CT.
Sorry, not very exotic, but a good beer.

Reaction Score
I walk right past it. I hardly ever drink a stout or a bock. I'm definitely an ale and pilsner kind of guy. And an occasional IPA.
I'm with you, but probably more into the IPAs.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the Bock beers available in the spring. Glissade by Sierra Nevada is always eagerly anticipated. I couldn't get it in 2012. I'm hoping that it's reintroduced this season.

Reaction Score
Any home brewers on this thread want to do an exchange at a uconn game this year?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Sweetwater fills a role similar to Sam Adams. It's widely available, it's consistent and there's enough choices to cover pairing up with the essential food groups (Nachos, wings, fried platters, hoagies, burgers and Jaeger Bombs).
Holy someone finally said Jaeger!!!!!

Reaction Score
I picked up Sam's IPA-Hopology sampler to ride out the storm.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Had a winter storm happy hour at work on friday, we picked up two of Full Sail brewery's Session lagers. The regular lager and the black lager. Pretty tasty, apparently the Session series is based on pre-prohibition recipies. I'll have to see if I can spot the red lager.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going in another direction, who is familiar with what a "firkin" is?

It's a quick to drink after tapped, small batched brewed.

This is one from Abita, a great Louisiana beer. Their Purple Haze is fantastic year round. During the spring they produce a strawberry beer which is fantastic for summer cookouts. If you see, grab some.

So, if us fans do have to travel to Tulane for football, here's one more good thing to add to the list.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130213/ENTERTAINMENT05/302130014/Beer-Garden-Hopjacks-celebrates-5-hoppy-years

Staying busy through the weekend, we’re presenting a special firkin event with our friends from Abita Brewing. A firkin is a refillable keg that breweries top off with a specialty concoction not usually found from their hands. At 6 p.m. Friday, we’re tapping a very flavorful British Mild.
The beer style is perfect for a firkin. Traditionally, British Mild ale was always a cask beer and, therefore, very lightly carbonated via natural fermentation.
In this age of bottle-conditioned, high-alcohol-by-volume everything and overdoses of hops, a smooth, light-bodied yet flavorful classic ale is a breath of fresh air. Low hop content allows the malt to take center stage with caramel, biscuit and a touch of toffee.
The quintessential session beer, the bubbles and alcohol are kept at a minimum without losing body or flavor. The idea is to enjoy a lot of this without getting goofy. Keep in mind that Abita probably won’t make this again, at least for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
I just want to be able to buy Yuengling in CT.
Sorry, not very exotic, but a good beer.

I go to the Yuengling brewery about 3 times a month to tour the plant. If anyone ever visit BUSCH GARDENS, you should visit its neighbor. (No, it isn't A-B's old plant, it was a Millers brewery.). Matter of Fact, Busch Gardens gets their beer from them.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Suzy needs to cozy up to Dick Yuengling as well as Delany. We need their black and tan as well as a B1G 10 invite

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I go to the Yuengling brewery about 3 times a month to tour the plant. If anyone ever visit BUSCH GARDENS, you should visit its neighbor. (No, it isn't A-B's old plant, it was a Millers brewery.). Matter of Fact, Busch Gardens gets their beer from them.
Interesting, didn't know they had a brewery there. Yuengling was always my beer of choice when I lived in Philly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My husband's birthday is coming up and one of the things I was considering giving him as a gift is a beer cooler. Does anyone have any experience with them? Most of the coolers I've seen are basically soda coolers, which would work for canned beer, but the beers my husband drinks come mostly in bottles. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How much beer does this man drink? And what are you doing to drive him to it?

Are you making him watch women's basketball again?

I've never seen a cooler meant for beer bottles, specifically - maybe a wine bottle cooler would work?

Otherwise, I recommend this...

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
My husband's birthday is coming up and one of the things I was considering giving him as a gift is a beer cooler. Does anyone have any experience with them? Most of the coolers I've seen are basically soda coolers, which would work for canned beer, but the beers my husband drinks come mostly in bottles. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Your husband is a luck man to have you for a wife, Nan!

perlick-kegerator1.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How much beer does this man drink? And what are you doing to drive him to it?

Are you making him watch women's basketball again?

I've never seen a cooler meant for beer bottles, specifically - maybe a wine bottle cooler would work?
Hey, I watched 10 years of really awful Notre Dame football games - the guy can watch a few women's basketball games. If he needs a couple of beers to get through them, I can live with that.

We had a wine cooler, basically a cube refrigerator thingie, that died after 2 years. I was hoping someone here had had a good experience with a cooler that might be more dependable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom