BE football is just so bad that... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE football is just so bad that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So instead of securing 33% of the title the best they could do was get 25%. That's gangbusters.

Reaction Score
It was a crappy year for the BE. Pitt got destroyed by Utah in whatever BCS bowl game they played that year.

Reaction Score
The status of Duke or Indiana has nothing to do with how UConn would fare in a different conference. Get it?

If your point is that Duke and Indiana football do not have a direct impact on UCONN then of course that is stating the obvious. However, I think as examples they are hightly relevant.

My point is simply that if UCONN is stuck in this newly consituted Big East, we may end up being better off if we win consistently in that conference rather than flounder in one of the major conferences. To that point, I would point out the bleak performance of Indiana and Duke football in their respective BCS conferences versus the success of TCU and Boise from outside the BCS.

And to state the obvious, I would rather be in the ACC now rather than later. The risks are more managable. Absent that, being dominant in the Big East may have some very significant upside for UCONN Football if we can do that. I see nothing good for UCONN Basketball in this new conference, but that is another matter.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech in a BCS game is an abomination and you know it. If you aren't going to be honest, there's no sense in having a discussion. Your league isn't good at football (or basketball), and Boston College is bad at both. Nice AD, goodness.

Why is it an abomination? Isn't a 23rd ranked team playing in a BCS game also an abomination? Last year the BE sent a team that wasn't even in the Top 25. That is an abomination. Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Before you call out someone for lack of honesty you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Well, the rules of the BCS state that the winner of the Big East gets an automatic bid to a BCS bowl. So, I agree, hardly seems like an abomination to me.

I wonder if BC ever makes a BCS bowl in our lifetimes? Just wondering........

Reaction Score
Well, the rules of the BCS state that the winner of the Big East gets an automatic bid to a BCS bowl. So, I agree, hardly seems like an abomination to me.

I wonder if BC ever makes a BCS bowl in our lifetimes? Just wondering........

And the rules allow VaTech to be selected to a BCS game! How is that an abomination?

I am confident they will make it to a BCS game! Hope springs eternal!

Reaction Score
Why is it an abomination? Isn't a 23rd ranked team playing in a BCS game also an abomination? Last year the BE sent a team that wasn't even in the Top 25. That is an abomination. Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Before you call out someone for lack of honesty you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

Now you're comparing VTech's at large bid to an auto-berth? Nevermind...this is going nowhere, best of luck to BC in the future.

Reaction Score

Nope. Not even close. You win your conference, you get a chance to show you are one of the best teams in the country. That is more important than what voters thinnk of you. You don't win your confernece, then it matters what people think of you. Just the way it works in -- I don't know -- every other college sport at all three levels of competition?

Please go away troll. You didn't used to simply waste our bandwidth, but that is now what you're doing.

Reaction Score
And the rules allow VaTech to be selected to a BCS game! How is that an abomination?

I am confident they will make it to a BCS game! Hope springs eternal!

Now that I think of it. That might happen before BC nexts sees the NCAA Tournament in hoops. It may very well be an eternaty for BC athletics. What a mess...........

Reaction Score
Nope. Not even close. You win your conference, you get a chance to show you are one of the best teams in the country. That is more important than what voters thinnk of you. You don't win your confernece, then it matters what people think of you. Just the way it works in -- I don't know -- every other college sport at all three levels of competition?

Please go away troll. You didn't used to simply waste our bandwidth, but that is now what you're doing.

As you say in every other college sport at all three levels you have a tournament to determine who is the champion. But this isn't every other sport if is FBS Football! Time for Division 1 football to go to a playoff format. It would eliminate the selection of teams based upon schools history of bringing fans to a game. Neither West Virginia or Clemson are one of the best teams in the country. They have just been selected to play in a high paying bowl game/exhibition game! Did the Conference USA or MAC Champion get to show they are one of the best teams in the country?

I am sorry you feel I am wasting your bandwidth but I was not the only one to call VATech's selection an abomination. They played within the rules that are currently on the table.

Reaction Score
The real abomination is Michigan being selected as an at large. They're ranked 2 spots behind VT. The teams that got screwed were Boise, KSU, and to a lesser degree Baylor (ranked b/w VT and UM).

I agree w/ Hank in that the whole system is FUBAR and will never be 'fair' or based on merit. It's time for a playoff.

Reaction Score
Going by conference ratings, Texas A&M and Mizzou leaving the Big 12 look like numskull moves (apart from the money the SEC gets, somehow). And too bad Oklahoma State is not playing LSU! :mad:
I'm really surprised that though LSU barely beat Alabama in overtime with Alabama blowing many field goals and making overtly sloppy mistakes not caused by LSU that people dismiss Alabama as an also ran. From everything I've seen, if they played ten times Alabama would beat LSU nine times and yet people want to see Oklahoma State in the title game who got beat by a totally crappy Iowa State team that finished under 500, getting beaten handily in a bowl game by a Rutgers team that UConn beat badly during the regular season. So theoretically, UConn might have had a chance for the National championship. What sheer nonsense. Oklahoma State has an exceptional offense but they play in a conference where defense is an afterthought and their defense is horrible. If Alabama had won their regular season contest (which they should have), maybe you would have had Alabama and Oklahoma State and then you might see how bad Oklahoma States defense is. Alabama would have scored 60 points against them and probably held them below 17 points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someone has to keep people honest! In actuality I have never been to the Eagle Outsider web site. Way to much negativism.

The standings keep BC honest. 4-8 in one sport, 5-9 in the other.

Reaction Score
The standings keep BC honest. 4-8 in one sport, 5-9 in the other.

Thank you for pointing that out. I would not have known that if you hadn't pointed that out to me. You are aware that UConn went 5-7 in football this year! Since we are pointing these things out!

Reaction Score
Thank you for pointing that out. I would not have known that if you hadn't pointed that out to me. You are aware that UConn went 5-7 in football this year! Since we are pointing these things out!

Correct, a season after a BCS bowl, winning another NC in hoops, a FF in women's hoops and making the baseball WS, we had a 5-7 season.

Are you beginning to see just how stupid your post was?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Correct, a season after a BCS bowl, winning another NC in hoops, a FF in women's hoops and making the baseball WS, we had a 5-7 season.

Are you beginning to see just how stupid your post was?
The baseball team went to the super regionals. Had they won they would have advanced to Omaha, but they did not. They did, however, lose to the eventual champions.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
But they did eliminate Clemson- quite an accomplishment for a Big East team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Laugh-In had Uncle Al, the Kiddies Pal
The 'Yard has Hartford Hank, the BC Crank

Reaction Score
In the long run, UConn's best chance at stability is with the ACC. I've taken my fair share of shots at the "Raiders of the Lost East", but a conference that would add UConn & Rutgers (forget about ND, they'll pull the same crap on the ACC) would be an excellent all sports association.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I am aware. I'm also aware I'm not spouting off on a BC message board about UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom