BE football is just so bad that... | The Boneyard

BE football is just so bad that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
the Sagarin rating as of this morning has listed the Big East at about a point better than the 'vaunted' ACC. You'd have to assume that, once we get rid of the deadwood in Pitt and Cuse and add the new teams, the rating will be even higher. Isn't it interesting how they keep ripping off teams and keep getting worse all at the same time? Great strategy...if you tell people you are good long enough and loud enough, pretty soon they begin to believe it. So far, bowl performance is BE 2-1; the All Cash Conference 1-4. Boy, I wish we could grow up and be just like them (LOL).

Reaction Score
Sure. And if they invited us tomorrow, then would so be there too.

Reaction Score
Going by conference ratings, Texas A&M and Mizzou leaving the Big 12 look like numskull moves (apart from the money the SEC gets, somehow). And too bad Oklahoma State is not playing LSU! :mad:

Reaction Score
I really don't care as long as we aren't in the Big East.
I'd say the future is bright for all football members of the Big East. We're all going to end up in some super-conference. All are relevant, large schools. There was once a day when Colgate, Lafayette, Lehigh, etc, were powerhouse football programs.

Reaction Score
I'd rather go to the Big 12 or the B1G. Really.
Me too. But the new conference is fine. I'd just like to have a few years where we win 10 games, get ranked in the top 25 - just like Houston and Boise State. That's what builds programs, not being in a particular conference. I think we'd have a better shot at relevance in the nnbe, but again, the key is getting ranked, getting attention, then I think PP has the ability to really start bringing bigger time recruits. I like the BSU, UH, TCU model. Just win. Let them argue about our strength of schedule, how if we were in the SEC we wouldn't have the depth to compete week in, week out blather.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree.

We will be better off in the long run with success in the BE as this program continues it's development than we would be floundering in another conference (see BC and Cuse).

Reaction Score
I agree with everyone who thinks that if the NBE comes to fruition and the BCS doesn't radically change we could be better off just staying put. It's all about that TV deal next fall. If the BE gets rich enough they'll have more stability and power.

Reaction Score
the Sagarin rating as of this morning has listed the Big East at about a point better than the 'vaunted' ACC. You'd have to assume that, once we get rid of the deadwood in Pitt and Cuse and add the new teams, the rating will be even higher. Isn't it interesting how they keep ripping off teams and keep getting worse all at the same time? Great strategy...if you tell people you are good long enough and loud enough, pretty soon they begin to believe it. So far, bowl performance is BE 2-1; the All Cash Conference 1-4. Boy, I wish we could grow up and be just like them (LOL).

You might want to redo some of your research. ACC has at least two wins Florida State beat Notre Dame and ACC also ran NC State beat Big East Tri Champion Louisville!

Reaction Score
Nice try. NC State demolished the ACC champ.

The ACC sucks at football. Actually, it sucks at basketball as well.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree.

We will be better off in the long run with success in the BE as this program continues it's development than we would be floundering in another conference (see BC and Cuse).

Assumes facts not in evidence.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I agree with everyone who thinks that if the NBE comes to fruition and the BCS doesn't radically change we could be better off just staying put. It's all about that TV deal next fall. If the BE gets rich enough they'll have more stability and power.

Agree with you Hartbeat. Money and TV will equal stability for UConn. I'd much rather stay in a somewhat stable Big East, then leave for an expanded Big12. The ACC on the other hand, I'm torn on. I hate the ACC, but if we went with Rutgers almost all of our real rivals would be in the ACC anyways with Rutgers, Pitt, Cuse and BC. The only rivals we would be losing would be Georgetown, Villanova and PC from the hoops side and I'm sure we could schedule them OOC.

Reaction Score
Nice try. NC State demolished the ACC champ.

The ACC sucks at football. Actually, it sucks at basketball as well.

And they beat the Big East Tri Champion!

Did you notice the ACC has two schools playing in BCS Bowls. Two teams in the top twenty while the Big East doesn't have a team in the top 20. I guess they really suck! In fact they suck so much UConn wants to become a member of the ACC!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Did you notice the ACC has two schools playing in BCS Bowls. Two teams in the top twenty while the Big East doesn't have a team in the top 20. I guess they really suck! In fact they suck so much UConn wants to become a member of the ACC!

And using your logic sir, I'm going to guess that EA and EagleOutsider suck so much you'd rather post here in the 'Yard instead...

Reaction Score
And using your logic sir, I'm going to guess that EA and EagleOutsider suck so much you'd rather post here in the 'Yard instead...

Someone has to keep people honest! In actuality I have never been to the Eagle Outsider web site. Way to much negativism.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are two developments which are indeterminate that allow us to argue the best coarse for UConn ad nauseam.

The first is the future media contract. What will the NBE generate in terms of media interest next year? No one really knows. If it is significantly below the other major conferences that will impact the revenues for athletics and hurt UConn. If it is in the ball park of the other conferences than the cost factor for athletics won't take a significant hit and therefore the conference UConn ends up in won't be a financial concern.

The second is how well UConn will do in basket ball and football, more significantly in football, with the various conferences. This is a chicken and egg thing. The idea that UConn can recruit better in a better conference is unknown. The idea UConn can perform better in a weaker conference or poorly in a better conference is also unknown.

The ACC took three football programs from the BE in the first raid that were considered significant football programs at the time of the raid. Two of those programs have been spiraling downward since the move. One program has stayed lateral or slightly better. So there is no guarantee movement helps.

Unfortunately the BE and UConn are currently at the mercy of the other conferences and have minimal leverage over their fate. That could all change with a really good media contract, but there is a lot of time in which significant developments can happen before that contract comes up for bidding, and some of those development could end up destroying the BE and leave UConn looking for a spot in a mid major conference to park it's football program.

Given these uncertainties the best we can all do is support the teams and the school and not become too invested in which particular scenario we are advocating.

Reaction Score

Virginia Tech in a BCS game is an abomination and you know it. If you aren't going to be honest, there's no sense in having a discussion. Your league isn't good at football (or basketball), and Boston College is bad at both. Nice AD, goodness.

Reaction Score
Boston College is so bad that they were never even a Big East tri champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom