Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
So did everybody notice the "hot vibration belt" that Aubrey was wearing whenever she was on the bench to keep her back loose? I think that whatever genius engineer designed that contraption should get a BIG Assist for the win tonight!!! :)
I love that Aubrey is getting some type of relief with the belt and she’s able to play through it. I wish they would do something for Caroline and the shots She takes in the head. Some type of headband like they ware for soccer they don’t look too invasive and they gotta help. It looked like she took another shot last night, but played through it.She is just someone you don’t want to lose.

Reaction Score
I was surprised when you noted Caroline for failing to do the job guarding the three, so I went back and did a quick look back at Baylor's dozen threes: seven were scored when Caroline wasn't on the court, and three others were scored with Aubrey, Lou and Dorka the closest player to the shooter.

On the two that were scored with Caroline being nearest, she nearly blocked one and the other was the result of Aubrey being screened at the top of the circle and Caroline happened to be the Huskies player then nearest the free Baylor shooter.

Geno apparently chose to give Baylor the chance to live or die with the three, and it wasn't Caroline's defensive failures that were the issue.
Stop screwing up imaginary posts with facts. ;)

Reaction Score
So happy I was able to be there. The energy at Gampel was crazy!! Proud to say I completely lost my voice after the game. I was sitting near the men’s basketball team. Go Huskies!
093EB40F-34A7-4F76-96CF-52375233A7FC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great game and the impact of Aubrey's play oftentimes get overlooked. That young lady. She might not score a lot of points, but it is her athleticism that create so many other opportunities for the team. From a well-timed block to a sky defying rebound, Aubrey provides a key moment to help the team. I just hope (I know she knows) that we, as fans, appreciate her going out there putting her body (back) on the line every game and practice. Great game, UConn!!

Reaction Score
It’s really hard not to love Nicki Collen after this game. She took a patchwork team to the second round, held them together with her big heart, designed an excellent game plan, and shrieked her lungs out on the sidelines in support. No wonder her players love her. And in the presser, she was judicious, honest, identified exactly how UConn beat them (Aubrey) and why it was impossible to stop. But my favorite moment was when she described all the injuries — big and little — that her players endured all season. She wasn’t making excuses for the loss. She was clearing space for her players so they wouldn’t need to make any excuses. Now they can all hold their heads high. That’s a helluva coach!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It’s really hard not to love Nicki Collen after this game. She took a patchwork team to the second round, held them together with her big heart, designed an excellent game plan, and shrieked her lungs out on the sidelines in support. No wonder her players love her. And in the presser, she was judicious, honest, identified exactly how UConn beat them (Aubrey) and why it was impossible to stop. But my favorite moment was when she described all the injuries — big and little — that her players endured all season. She wasn’t making excuses for the loss. She was clearing space for her players so they wouldn’t need to make any excuses. Now they can all hold their heads high. That’s a helluva coach!
Yup, as Geno has often said, at this time of year, everyone's got something going on.

Reaction Score
Baylor coach Nicki Collen in the post game presser really impressed me with her honesty, openness, and personality. She has a great future in the sport. Unlike many I've seen she gave credit where credit was due and clearly stated what their shortcomings were without blaming anyone or criticizing anyone.

Also even though AE spent a lot of time on the bench I thought the refs were pretty good throughout the game and called it fairly. Very different than the UCLA game I watched later where both teams starters basically fouled out from a game where very little aggressive fouling took place. Made that game hard to watch so I hope that crew is done and won't affect future games.

Reaction Score
I love that Aubrey is getting some type of relief with the belt and she’s able to play through it. I wish they would do something for Caroline and the shots She takes in the head. Some type of headband like they ware for soccer they don’t look too invasive and they gotta help. It looked like she took another shot last night, but played through it.She is just someone you don’t want to lose.
There is a device I've seen to protect the brain called a Q collar. I saw a player on a women's team wearing it during a game this weekend, but I didn't note who it was. Perhaps it might help Caroline.

Reaction Score
Baylor coach Nicki Collen in the post game presser really impressed me with her honesty, openness, and personality. She has a great future in the sport. Unlike many I've seen she gave credit where credit was due and clearly stated what their shortcomings were without blaming anyone or criticizing anyone.

Also even though AE spent a lot of time on the bench I thought the refs were pretty good throughout the game and called it fairly. Very different than the UCLA game I watched later where both teams starters basically fouled out from a game where very little aggressive fouling took place. Made that game hard to watch so I hope that crew is done and won't affect future games.
I was so SO impressed with Nicki Collen. Her basketball IQ was in full display as was her compassion as a coach. If I were a player I'd love to play for her.

Reaction Score
That play exemplified one of Geno’s halftime adjustments - put Aaliyah on the block, have a guard or wing drive into the paint and pass to the open Aaliyah. They ran variations of that play many times in the second half
That was a great pass! Lou had to trust Aaliyah would dive to the hoop as the defenders were drawn to her, leaving Aaliyah unguarded.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Question? Watching a replay and Caroline has what appears to be a large commercial bandage patch on the back of the left side of her neck. Maybe one of those warming patches? Anybody?

Reaction Score
Amazing show by an amazing group!

AG showed once again how valuable and versatile she is. Is she a guard, a wing or a big? She is whatever you want her to be at that moment. Huge game for her and as a result, we never missed AE when she was out - and that is saying a lot when you consider AE is scoring almost at will.

I love the way Dorka is snatching rebounds and not letting them just land in her hands. Terrific game.

Of course, NM was her usually terrific self. I love when she gets caught on a switch matched up with a big and the opposing team thinks they got something there against the smaller NM. Then NM just body's them up and moves them out of the post. Funny seeing that from a player several inches smaller than the person she is dislodging.

I think also teams are going to think twice about running her off of screens as she has a habit of battering the heck out of the screener. I think the Baylor kids have a few bumps and bruises curtesy of NM - they will need a few extra hours in the hot tub.

When Azzi starts to hit her threes, she will start hitting 25-30 a game. Nice job by GA to get her shorter shots in the offence. She is close to unstoppable. - can beat you on all three levels and then can pass the ball well also.

Bring on the next victim!

Reaction Score
Question? Watching a replay and Caroline has what appears to be a large commercial bandage patch on the back of the left side of her neck. Maybe one of those warming patches? Anybody?
I saw that too, from memory I think it was orange in color

Reaction Score
One thing that hasnt been discussed much is Azzi's uncanny ability to get a shot off when every she wants. Sometimes our team struggles to get a good look before the shot clock becomes a dagger. She can beat players off the dribble, uses screens and the shot is off so quickly no one can stop her. We need for her to be her offensive spark plug for us when others cant. We can win it all if she gets hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom