Azzi :( | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Azzi :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a WBB fan I hate to see injuries but especially knee injuries. Speaking from experience that is a hard thing to overcome both mentally and physically. Wish the very best for Azzi but there is life after basketball and Azzi needs to fully recover before attempting to go full speed any time soo. GOOD LuCK, Azi.

Reaction Score
Wow, what a blow for Azzi. Sad that Paige and Azzi couldn't catch a break to play together. Wishing all the best for Azzi, get well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have no words adequate to offer comfort and support to this young woman who has had such serious injuries. I wish her all the strength and comfort to deal with the road ahead. Such a good person and a wonderful talent; she deserves far better than this.

Reaction Score
This young lady just can't catch a break, and neither can UConn's women's basketball team. This is a big blow and with Caroline not playing up to par not sure how we recover?

Reaction Score
Terrible news, not too surprising but maybe she will be like Chelsea Gray and succeed when many thought you wouldn’t, persevere through injury and come out a champion in the end.

Yup. It's too early to predict any future professional opportunities are out of the question.

Reaction Score
This young lady just can't catch a break, and neither can UConn's women's basketball team. This is a big blow and with Caroline not playing up to par not sure how we recover?
Feel terrible for Azziand the team.

I'm skeptical they can win a title.

Also, I fear that during this year and leading into next year, we're gonna here "it's all about height and size." Ughhh!!

Reaction Score

Yes it's a big blow, but Arnold and Shade have shown flashes of great potential. They're only heading into their fifth game of the season. The team has to take a next man up approach which I'm sure they'll do.

Reaction Score
So sad for such an engaging, talented young woman.

Assuming UConn gets to the BE final, and at worst the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, they will have played 109 games over the last three seasons. Azzi has "appeared" (fully healthy, who knows?) in 42. That's 38.5% of what might have been an All-American career.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Azzi. We Husky fans love you.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Azzi for a full recovery. This is so devastating for her. Nothing can be taken for granted.

Reaction Score
For her homecoming game last Sunday in Minnesota, Paige appeared oddly subdued to me. Given the confirmation of Azzi's news today, I think Paige, given her own injury history, might have anticipated the prognosis.

Over the last 3 seasons, all of the top 5 recruits (Buckers, Fudd, Ducharme, Brady) have been impacted and lost numerous time to injuries. I'm optimistic by nature, but there seems to be a pall overhanging the women's team.

Obviously, pulling and rooting for them, but one can't help to feel wistful thinking how enjoyable it would be to see both Paige & Azzi playing together, healthy and at the top of their games. Once the emotional sadness clears, I hope Azzi's recovery goes better than expected. She has her teammates, family & the UConn faithful in her corner to keep her going whenever it gets dark.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This is a similar injury that cut her mother's career short. This will take a lot of intestinal fortitude.

Reaction Score
As much as I feel bad that it hurts the team my heart really goes out to Azzi. This is a young lady who has represented Uconn so, so well in all phases from her academic achievements to her brief time on the court. Her relationships with her teammates and coaches have always been a perfect 10. Let us wish her only the best and support her in any way possible.

Reaction Score
Ugh just terrible, seems like we can never repel the injury bug not even for one second.

Reaction Score
First and foremost, prayers and hugs for Azzi and her family. I don’t even care about accolades, national championships, etc…I care about these individuals. So my heart breaks for her because I know how much she loves this sport.

That being said, with today’s advanced medicine and PT there is no doubt she can’t make a full recovery. These injuries can be overcome as we have seen many examples from other athletes (see Sue Bird). And second, she has the best teammates and family support system to help her through this difficult stretch. But she’ll get there! Let’s all continue to send positive vibes to her and the entire team—even after a bad game. We have no idea what they are going through physically and mentally…the least we can do is show kindness and support for OUR OWN team even when the skies are cloudy.

Go Huskies! Go Azzi!

“In a world where you can be anything… be KIND”

Reaction Score
WTF!!
Here we go again!
Can only wish Azzi the best @ a speedy recovery.
Such a nice kid deserves a better road to travel

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen anything even close to the injury epidemic faced by our Huskies over the past three years! It’s just unbelievable! Were I superstitious, I would assume that somewhere someone is sticking pins into a bunch of little dolls in UConn uniforms. Of course this is not true but it is a very hard thing for all these young women who are experiencing this nightmare!
All we can do is send our prayers and best wishes to Azzi and Jana and hope for a full recovery as soon as possible. The primary thing, especially for Azzi, is that her long term health is not at risk. Of course, we all hope she can get back to playing again, that goes without saying but more important is that she is not compromised in any way. Running with her children and grandchildren is far more important than playing basketball. My prayers go out to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom