2024 Recruiting: - Austin Swartz | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Austin Swartz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First I've heard of this kid. Pulled up video on him and he looks like a seriously talented offensive player and shot maker. He had a Tennessee and Illinois offer during the season and is now blowing up. Hartford native, hmmm...

ℯ ℯ on Twitter: "After averaging 21.8 on quality shooting (48.5 from 3), ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Austin Swartz’24 @austin_swartz23 of @CannonMBB & @BooWilliamsAAU has earned offers from Indiana, Georgetown, St. John’s, FSU, A&M and Seton Hall as well as interest from Duke & UConn. Hartford, CT native https://post original url/EeC7H5k8w6" / Twitter

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I was told on here Hartford players tend to not like UConn.
I don't think it's "not like" it's more like who wouldn't want to use the chance to leave the small state and have a new experience?

And
He plays down in North Carolina but Slater's tweet says he's a Harford native. Wonder if anyone on the board has more intel on him.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I get the feeling Hurley might know a thing or two about high school basketball, and thus have a sense about evaluating prospects

In all seriousness, is there a coach in the country that has seen more high school basketball in his lifetime?

Reaction Score
I don't think it's "not like" it's more like who wouldn't want to use the chance to leave the small state and have a new experience?

And
I was joking based on another older thread where a few people mentioned it.

Reaction Score
Really? High major coaches head coaches? Or assistants?

The answer is pretty simple: Anyone who has had a longer career and has the recruiting budget to be on the road as much as possible. For low and mid-major guys it can eat into their recruiting budget to go to EYBL every weekend, but any high-major coach that can afford the wrist band is out on the road just as much as our staff.

You're not living in the real world if you think there aren't hundreds of college coaches working hard out there. Every coach and assistant in the country is on the road during the live periods and during the HS season as much as they can.

Do you seriously think Self, Izzo, Calipari, or McDermott haven't seen more HS basketball in their career than Hurley? I'm a little shocked your comment wasn't a troll job.

Reaction Score
The answer is pretty simple: Anyone who has had a longer career and has the recruiting budget to be on the road as much as possible.

You're not living in the real world if you think there aren't hundreds of college coaches working hard out there. Every coach and assistant in the country is on the road during the live periods and during the HS season as much as they can.
I thought he meant because he basically has been in the gym watching st Anthony high school games with his dad since birth

Reaction Score
I thought he meant because he basically has been in the gym watching st Anthony high school games with his dad since birth

I think we can reasonably assume that an 11-year-old Danny wasn't exactly approaching St. Anthony's games with a critical eye. Regardless, I still doubt he's seen as much CBB as guys with a career 15+ years longer than his.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The answer is pretty simple: Anyone who has had a longer career and has the recruiting budget to be on the road as much as possible. For low and mid-major guys it can eat into their recruiting budget to go to EYBL every weekend, but any high-major coach that can afford the wrist band is out on the road just as much as our staff.

Do you seriously think Self, Izzo, Calipari, or McDermott haven't seen more HS basketball in their career than Hurley? I'm a little shocked your comment wasn't a troll job.
I mean college coaches only are permitted to see so many games per year. My point wasn’t Hurley as a college coach has been on the road more than anyone. That’s obviously not true. My point is that he’s been living high school basketball all year every year since he was in pampers. He hasn’t seen me high school basketball in his college coaching career than Calipari, but has he seen more in his lifetime? Very good chance

Reaction Score
I mean college coaches only are permitted to see so many games per year. My point wasn’t Hurley as a college coach has been on the road more than anyone. That’s obviously not true. My point is that he’s been living high school basketball all year every year since he was in pampers. He hasn’t seen me high school basketball in his college coaching career than Calipari, but has he seen more in his lifetime? Very good chance
What do you think all the other coaches were doing their entire lives? Playing and watching volleyball?

Reaction Score

Fair enough. I'd still disagree though. No way to prove it, so whatever. It's just odd to assume that other coaches weren't also exposed to basketball at a young age.

FWIW, college coaches can (and do) see as many high school games as they want. It's the contacting players that have limitations. I'd imagine a rule that said college coaches can only attend X amount of games per year would be challenged and overturned in court before Charlie Baker could sign the paper.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What do you think all the other coaches were doing their entire lives? Playing and watching volleyball?
I think they’re coaching their teams during the season and getting to high school games when they can fit it in. Then the recruiting season picks up and they travel the country to see target players, whereas Hurley , when he wasn’t locked in on volleyball, was living high school basketball 365 until he got the Wagner job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom