Aubrey | The Boneyard

Aubrey

Reaction Score
I selfishly hope that Aubs stays. She is a real asset to the team and has a unique athleticism. She needs to develop a little more, especially on the offensive end, but has the potential to be an excellent pro.
I think she would benefit from another year at UCONN. If she polishes up her offense, she will be a top selection. We have seen that she can shoot the lights out but she has to make up her mind to do so. UCONN will allow for that. I think the pro level will find it easier to shut her down, if outrunning everyone to the hoop remains her dominant skill.

Reaction Score
Aubrey has an incredibly bright future, but she needs another year. And, that's not said selfishly. I can think of any number of players on the men's side who went a year early and wound up with a career in the developmental league. Another year under Geno and his staff would take those unbelievable athletic talents she has to the next level.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think she really needs another year to refine her game - she needs to be a better shooter from mid range and three to be successful in the WNBA and it is much harder to develop post college - pros do not get the practice time you have in college.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A year ago I wouldn’t have projected Aubrey for a career in the W. But this year Aubrey is on track to a pro-ready game. She obviously has the size and athleticism necessary to play at the next level. She can D-up any guard or wing, and she is exceptional attacking the basket off the dribble.

While her shooting and ball handling continue to get better, Aubrey really needs to improve her handle some and develop a midrange jumper to be a lock to make the pros.

Another year at UConn would be the ultimate “finishing school” for Aubrey’s game. It would not surprise me if she returns next season and then heads off to the W.

Reaction Score
Oops! Here is a different take. Aubrey’s stock is unlikely to be higher than it is this season. Many posters are this board have already predicted she won’t be a starter next year. Even if she is, her minutes are likely to be much lower than this year and other players returning from injuries are likely to be the “featured” stars. Add to that the risk of re-injury to a fragile back and the fact that pros have way more time and resources to develop their game, and you can make a reasonable argument that her best time to go pro is after this year! I hope that is not her decision, but it is not crazy if she does!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oops! Here is a different take. Aubrey’s stock is unlikely to be higher than it is this season. Many posters are this board have already predicted she won’t be a starter next year. Even if she is, her minutes are likely to be much lower than this year and other players returning from injuries are likely to be the “featured” stars. Add to that the risk of re-injury to a fragile back and the fact that pros have way more time and resources to develop their game, and you can make a reasonable argument that her best time to go pro is after this year! I hope that is not her decision, but it is not crazy if she does!
Yeah, I agree to disagree. She’s got some room to develop, though she is a very talented player. Given the relatively few number of slots available in the WNBA. I’m not sure she gets taken this year.

I think there’s a pretty good likelihood she may start next year, but if not, she’ll have starters minutes given her versatility.

Reaction Score
I would bet that she starts at the four. In the Big East Conference, no team has two post players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some of you are assuming Aubrey wants to play in the WNBA. Maybe she has no plans to play at the next higher level.
I suppose anything is possible. But considering that her father coaches in the NBA and both of her brothers are playing professionally, it would be surprising if Aubrey has no interest in playing professional basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Never really crossed my mind she wouldn't come back next year. If someone is advising her not to take the extra year, I think that is some bad advice. I definitely think she could use another year of preps before going out in the real world.

She'll get plenty of playing time next year, especially as a Senior/Grad. It may also give her a chance to be somewhat of a leader, more responsibility. I would think that would help her down the road.

Reaction Score
I would bet that she starts at the four. In the Big East Conference, no team has two post players.
I'll take that bet. Aaliyah is not coming off the bench. And whether or not any Big East teams start two post players, I'm pretty sure UCONN's sites will be set on something higher than the BE championship.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Behind a paywall, unfortunately no gifting options.

“She’s amazing,” teammate Dorka Juhász said. “Sometimes I don’t know if she even understands how amazing a player she is.”

Reaction Score
I'll take that bet. Aaliyah is not coming off the bench. And whether or not any Big East teams start two post players, I'm pretty sure UCONN's sites will be set on something higher than the BE championship.
Do I really need to stipulate that under that scenario she would play the five?
Nika, Azzi, Paige, Aubrey and Aalijah would be the best five players on the team; against smaller BE lineups, I believe they would be the five starters. Is that clear enough?

Reaction Score
Do I really need to stipulate that under that scenario she would play the five?
Nika, Azzi, Paige, Aubrey and Aalijah would be the best five players on the team; against smaller BE lineups, I believe they would be the five starters. Is that clear enough?
That is clear, but not a good idea for a team that has Ice Brady. Also, I highly doubt that Geno will have one starting group for Big East games and another for out of conference games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom