April Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know where things stand with her on UCONN but Riley Stack might come back into play now that Toomey has chosen the Tar Heals. Noticeable improve in her game as a Junior. She is still is doing too much ball handling for my liking but very very impressive work with the off hand. This girl has a legit off hand jump hook. Very rare at even the collegiate level.

WOW! It's like someone said she CAN'T go to the left as a right-handed player. This would be video evidence to the contrary! I particularly liked the double-spin move to collapse the defense, and the pass for the 3-pt assist....

Very calm and creative. Keeps the ball up away from the defense. The short, crisp left-handed hook shot is a thing of beauty....

Hopefully, she will commit to UCONN before Thanksgiving...

Reaction Score
Don't know where things stand with her on UCONN but Riley Stack might come back into play now that Toomey has chosen the Tar Heals. Noticeable improve in her game as a Junior. She is still is doing too much ball handling for my liking but very very impressive work with the off hand. This girl has a legit off hand jump hook. Very rare at even the collegiate level.

We are DOOMED!!!! [better than being Domed of course... :cool: ]

:eek::eek::eek:Just took a look at the USA Basketball clips on Riley Stack:

• Plays AAU for the SC 76ers who are coached by former University of South Carolina captain Asia Dozier.
Personal Notes

• Born and raised in Tennessee.
  • Daughter to Ryan Stack who played basketball at University of South Carolina (1994-98) and was a second-round pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1998. He also played in Greece where he was a five-time all-star
rest at the link: Riley Stack

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FQbBzFhXIAItfUx

Reaction Score
Yes, her form is fine. But no one has explained the theory of arc to her yet. Maybe Bueckers or Fudd can take care of that. ;)
… But not “line drive” Liv!

Reaction Score
I NEED commitment news! Despair is setting in after our latest recruitment news.
not pleased either...........the remaining '23 recruits are a complete wildcard..........I can't sense that any of them are UConn leans.........frankly same goes for '24 recruits.......doesn't mean they're not coming, just that usually we get a good feeling about a few of them ahead of the decision.........on the other hand, prospective leans sometimes change their minds as we've seen recently....:(

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We are DOOMED!!!! [better than being Domed of course... :cool: ]

:eek::eek::eek:Just took a look at the USA Basketball clips on Riley Stack:

• Plays AAU for the SC 76ers who are coached by former University of South Carolina captain Asia Dozier.
Personal Notes

• Born and raised in Tennessee.
  • Daughter to Ryan Stack who played basketball at University of South Carolina (1994-98) and was a second-round pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1998. He also played in Greece where he was a five-time all-star
rest at the link: Riley Stack
Sounds like you want to give up on recruiting her?

Reaction Score
not pleased either...........the remaining '23 recruits are a complete wildcard..........I can't sense that any of them are UConn leans.........frankly same goes for '24 recruits.......doesn't mean they're not coming, just that usually we get a good feeling about a few of them ahead of the decision.........on the other hand, prospective leans sometimes change their minds as we've seen recently....:(
No one knew that Arnold was a UConn lean either and Shade came out of nowhere after everybody got excited about her being seen at Tennessee several times. And going back to 2018, nobody had any clue about Williams and ONO either. UConn's staff doesn't play the cutesy social media game, they take care of their business in private. Relax and let 'em work. ;)

Reaction Score
No one knew that Arnold was a UConn lean either and Shade came out of nowhere after everybody got excited about her being seen at Tennessee several times. And going back to 2018, nobody had any clue about Williams and ONO either. UConn's staff doesn't play the cutesy social media game, they take care of their business in private. Relax and let 'em work. ;)
True. You have a point BobbyJ.

Reaction Score
very true..........maybe it's simply that there's such limited outside info on who the coaches are really going after hard in person and other hints................obviously with the long season, covid and NCAA rules that may not have been possible so hopefully the next few months should be more revealing....

Reaction Score
Had the opportunity to watch Ashlynn Shade face off against New Heights NYC (and Aalyah Del Rosario) at a big tournament in Pittsburgh.

Athletically, Shade is really impressive. Solid frame, great handle, great quickness, and most impressive is the way she gets off the ground and hangs in the air on her jump shot. Her shots weren’t falling at times, but one play she was getting down hill and the next she was posting up a smaller guard and making plays. Was really impressed with how well she seals the defender and goes and gets the ball. Great motor.

Del Rosario is BIG. Very big. She moves pretty well, but she’s got some extra weight to lose that should increase quickness. I’m not sure she’s a huge impact player at the college level right away, but give her a year or two and she can be really good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Had the opportunity to watch Ashlynn Shade face off against New Heights NYC (and Aalyah Del Rosario) at a big tournament in Pittsburgh.

Athletically, Shade is really impressive. Solid frame, great handle, great quickness, and most impressive is the way she gets off the ground and hangs in the air on her jump shot. Her shots weren’t falling at times, but one play she was getting down hill and the next she was posting up a smaller guard and making plays. Was really impressed with how well she seals the defender and goes and gets the ball. Great motor.

Del Rosario is BIG. Very big. She moves pretty well, but she’s got some extra weight to lose that should increase quickness. I’m not sure she’s a huge impact player at the college level right away, but give her a year or two and she can be really good.
Giving Del Rosario a year or two to develop is now more possible because Piath is no longer on the roster. To put it gently one project at a time is all that UCONN can afford IMO.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Del Rosario, she's been invited to the U18 tryout camp along with Chloe Kitts. Ashlynn Shade previously announced.
Interesting. I think she was born in the US but she spent part of her childhood in the DR. The US coaching is no doubt better but I thought she'd represent her "other" home.

Reaction Score
I think Del Rosario is more than a project but I also think we will not be able to recruit her successfully. Very nice kid who is striving to be a pro but I don’t think the UConn environment is for her. She’s a big cuddly teddy bear. The fit isn’t there. It does take more stress than maybe she is able to manage well. I don’t think she would do well in the UConn environment. She’s a kid who is just trying to be a basketball player to help her family and her family isn’t here to support her. She really would do well to go to a lower pressure school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom