AP Preseason Top 25 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Preseason Top 25

Reaction Score
Keep repeating my post of 4 weeks ago. On Dec.12th a Monday, U Conn will have played Texas, N.C.State, Notre Dame, Princeton and Maryland all ranked. Mondays are poll days and U Conn should be ranked firmly at #2 at that time. Also stated that Tennessee in Knoxville will be as tough a matchup in January, as S.C. in February at home.
Those are some tough games. I really can't wait for the Texas game. My bold prediction is that if they are undefeated by that time they will be ranked number 1 cuz SC will lose it's early matchup against Stanford

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well we can make all the comparisons we choose but this is somebody's opinion. I dont agree with it. The questions early on for UConn are how healthy are we going into the season and can we play up to expectations and if not when will we be healthy. Next who will step up to cover for a missing Paige. I believe Azzi and Caroline will step up. I also believe Edwards and Dorka will play big this season. Lou will be instant offense and Nika will be the floor General. Nika will take on the leadership role and I know she can handle it. I also believe Amari ICE and Patterson will see minutes and be developed.

My next thought is with all the teams gaining players from the portal and transfers and with the players that have graduated or left how good is their chemistry. For Example will Horston share the ball at Tenn. Who plays the point at Stanford and with Lexi and her sister gone who will pickup the slack then theres Texas who lost alot and picked up alot. Alot of teams have alot of questions not only UConn. UConns starting 5 have played together these other teams have not which makes me question their team chemistry.

Much like the end of last season when we were ranked out of the top 5 and made the final game hobbling. Other top teams were in better condition then UConn and didnt make the final game. I like our chances alot this season. Understand we may not be playing as fluidly as some would like to see early on but we could also surprise some teams early on if we are. One plus we learned to play without Paige last season. Ive said it before I think Azzi and Carolines gained alot of experience last season, and Dorka and Edwards became more comfortable playing last year and with Lou, ICE and Patterson coming in we are a more talented team then last year. Dont forget the Griff. I feel we will be a great team even without Paige and lets face it Azzi was the most sought after player out of HS. She will adapt to her new role because shes that good.

We will see how we gel early on with our tuff schedule and we will see how healthy we are early on too. I have no idea how Texas Tenn Iowa are ranked ahead of us. I look at their rosters and think to myself what are the reasons, then I think...well its just somebodys opinion and perhaps they see things differently then me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we are rated down that badly because Paige is out, we had better have a huge jump next year when she is back!
In next year's preseason ratings Bueckers will be a huge question mark coming off the ACL. Just wait.

Reaction Score
I think that Creighton may lose a number of those games but will come back strong in
the BIG EAST and earns a NCAA bid. I think that the BLUEJAYS' # 2 ranking in
the BIG EAST pre season is justified. Creighton "Coach Jim" just needs one or two
BIGS to really "seal the deal" and show that they can contend in the NCAA every year.

Creighton is bring almost everyone back and they could be ahead of teams like Ark & Nebraska. They could go 3-1.

Reaction Score
Those are some tough games. I really can't wait for the Texas game. My bold prediction is that if they are undefeated by that time they will be ranked number 1 cuz SC will lose it's early matchup against Stanford

So we could have a situation similar to 2014, when UConn was pre-season No 1 and lost at Stan in the second game. SCar became the new No 1 and stayed there until the teams met in Jan or Feb.

Maples magic could have Boston sitting in foul trouble all game. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Tonyc, is the somebody's opinion you are referring to ,the A. P. poll ? The rankings are the result of the consensus voting of over 100 sports beat writers across the U. S.

Reaction Score
Creighton is bring almost everyone back and they could be ahead of teams like Ark & Nebraska. They could go 3-1.
And getting to the Elite Eight imbues in all the returning players experience under pressue and a huge boost in confidence.

Reaction Score
And getting to the Elite Eight imbues in all the returning players experience under pressue and a huge boost in confidence.

Exactly. I can see similarities to UConn's early years under Geno. I remember 1995 when opponents scoffed at the idea that a team from the BE could be thought of as the best in the country.

sun

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
About the Texas game: The last game that Lou Lopez Senechal played was against ..... TEXAS!
One of the Texas player elbowed Lou Lopez in the mouth late in the first quarter. Lou
was out for the entire second quarter and Texas went into half time with a 21 point lead.
The RETURN OF LOU! After getting two stitches to the mouth/lip, Lou returns in the third
and hits the first three for Fairfield U. Fairfield outscores Texas in the THIRD QUARTER by
8 points and eventually gets it down to 10 points.!! Lou Lopez plays 4 minutes beneath
her season's average and still went for 17 points, field goals five for 10, three pointers
two for two, Free throws five for six. Lou had 5 rebounds, two steals, and four fouls.
This is not a lady to smack in the mouth and not expect a Lou Lopez Senechal come back. !!!
I can't wait for this TEXAS vs L L S return matchup. Texas killed Fairfield on bench points 35 to 8
and on points in the paint 38 to 14. With the help of her UCONN teammates this will
be a trememdous match up # 3 Texas against # 6 UCONN. Let the games begin.!
Note to GENO.... Be sure to get Lou into the game earlier... She is on a mission!!!
Check out the post game presser of Texas / Fairfield on YOUTUBE. Skip the
Texas first half of the video. Go to the 44 minute mark. See comments by Coach
Joe Frager and then at the 46 minute make Lou with her bandaged face ( what
a warrior!) and the later comments by Coach Frager and Fairfield's PG, Rachel,
about " How would you recomend a team to beat TEXAS?" = "1. Have many
ways to bring the ball up the court ( Rori Harmon issue) . ... 2. "you need to block
out", and 3. have a team that can match up with their size ( TEXAS wore them down in the fourth) .
but..... Fairfield outscored them in the second half ! They were down 21 and
lost by 70 to 52 ( 18 points ). Vic Schaefer had clear praise for Fairfield's
Spunk: " so competitive" " toughness" ... " really tough'. I'm excited allready!! Z

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom