AP Poll - Week 16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 16

Reaction Score
It’s because we’re much better, and the people whining are babies. This team won’t be a 5 seed by tournament time.
If we lose on Wednesday we’re going to be a 5 seed no matter what. We basically gotta win out and advance further in the BET than any of the teams currently on the 4 seed line advance in their respective conference tournaments.

Still think we could sneak up to the last 2 seed though if we win out and win the BET. Our seed range is very wide right now

Reaction Score
If we lose on Wednesday we’re going to be a 5 seed no matter what. We basically gotta win out and advance further in the BET than any of the teams currently on the 4 seed line advance in their respective conference tournaments.

Still think we could sneak up to the last 2 seed though if we win out and win the BET. Our seed range is very wide right now
So, not no matter what?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Really no chance of that 2 unless everyone else just loses all their games. Not sure that can happen since many play each other. But a 3 is possible if we win out and even then we may need help.

I‘m more worried bout reaching the sweet 16 than being seeded to do it.

Reaction Score
It’s because we’re much better, and the people whining are babies. This team won’t be a 5 seed by tournament time.

I mean the committee just revealed that not only are we a 5 seed, we are (somehow) the last 5 seed, and it looks like none of our last 4 games are Q1 opportunities. I agree we are a lot better but it looks like we could definitely be a 5.

Reaction Score
Really no chance of that 2 unless everyone else just loses all their games. Not sure that can happen since many play each other. But a 3 is possible if we win out and even then we may need help.

If we win the BET that would mean likely beating 3 of PC, Xavier, Marquette, or Creighton. I think we could get there. It would definitely be a 3 seed worthy resume

Reaction Score
I mean the committee just revealed that not only are we a 5 seed, we are (somehow) the last 5 seed, and it looks like none of our last 4 games are Q1 opportunities. I agree we are a lot better but it looks like we could definitely be a 5.
There is no last 5 seed. The list was given in alphabetical order: Creighton, Miami, St. Mary’s, and UConn.

Reaction Score
There is no last 5 seed. The list was given in alphabetical order: Creighton, Miami, St. Mary’s, and UConn.

ok i was going by this quote from an article...thanks

"It's razor thin," Reynolds said of Creighton just narrowly missing the top 16. "We spent countless hours talking about Creighton. They could have easily been in the 16 spot. In order: Creighton, Miami, Saint Mary's and UConn narrowly missed the top 16."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ok i was going by this quote from an article...thanks

"It's razor thin," Reynolds said of Creighton just narrowly missing the top 16. "We spent countless hours talking about Creighton. They could have easily been in the 16 spot. In order: Creighton, Miami, Saint Mary's and UConn narrowly missed the top 16."
That’s what I read too. I think we were last. Connecticut would be first alphabetically

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Alphabetical or not it makes zero difference, There is still important league games to be played.

Reaction Score
Things like this are why it’s hard to believe this team is a 5-seed… we are SO much better than we were last year when we were a 5
Each year there is a different mix of different strengths in the hunt. It is relative.

Reaction Score
It’s recency bias. If we started off 9-7/and were on a14-0 run we’d be in the top 16…prob top 12. Instead we‘re on a 9-7 run with a clunker thrown in.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It’s recency bias. If we started off 9-7/and were on a14-0 run we’d be in the top 16…prob top 12. Instead we‘re on a 9-7 run with a clunker thrown in.
Agreed, Which is why it’s not the quality of the wins down the stretch rather than the importance of putting the slide behind us.

If you’re 8-2 in your last 10 say, which would be the case if we go 3-1 down the stretch and win the BET and your resume is now back on par with teams in the 2-3-4 seed line the “what have you done for me lately” takes over and the committee will move us to the three line because it will be about protecting their 1 seeds.

Reaction Score

I would agree a 2 seed is out of range. We're a 5 now with 4 games left, win those I would say a 4 seed no problem. But considering that no BE team was higher than a 4 seed in the first bracket the ceiling for the BE might be a 3 seed at this point.

The committee will have a "prelim" 68 team field seeded and in place probably by that Friday before Selection Sunday and then on Saturday they go over scenarios if this happens / if that happens but no major seeding movements happen that final weekend imo. Winning the BE tourney is not moving UConn from a 4 to a 2 seed. If BE tourney winner is among X, Marq, UConn & Creighton I'm guessing that team would be a 3 seed.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed, Which is why it’s not the quality of the wins down the stretch rather than the importance of putting the slide behind us.

If you’re 8-2 in your last 10 say, which would be the case if we go 3-1 down the stretch and win the BET and your resume is now back on par with teams in the 2-3-4 seed line the “what have you done for me lately” takes over and the committee will move us to the three line because it will be about protecting their 1 seeds.
And if we are a 4 in that scenario, you can bet it will be in Houston’s region if they are a 1.

Reaction Score
Which is incredibly stupid, because they explicitly discarded the "last 10 games" criterion over a decade ago.

Reaction Score
Which is incredibly stupid, because they explicitly discarded the "last 10 games" criterion over a decade ago.
Really? Didn’t know that. How do u disregard the last 10 games? That’s 40% of the season

Reaction Score
Really? Didn’t know that. How do u disregard the last 10 games? That’s 40% of the season
Sorry, should have been clearer.

What they eliminated was giving extra weight to the last 10 games, i.e. did you get hot down the stretch. There was an explicit push to consider the entire body of work over the whole season.

Reaction Score
Sorry, should have been clearer.

What they eliminated was giving extra weight to the last 10 games, i.e. did you get hot down the stretch. There was an explicit push to consider the entire body of work over the whole season.
Makes sense...and I have no knowledge, it just seems like it's hard to overcome recency bias in a subjective poll IMO.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Borges is weird.

Creighton is 18-9 with 4 losses to unranked Texas Tech, Nebraska, BYU, and Arizona St.

UConn is 20-7 with losses to unranked St Johns and Seton Hall.

Creighton has no ranked wins outside the BE, UConn has 2, including one over Alabama.

Creighton has 3 ranked BE wins, UConn has 2.

Creighton's center played sick for the Nebraska game, and was out for the BYU, Arizona State and Marquette losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom