AP (2/26) UConn to 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP (2/26) UConn to 10

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe if Fairfield wins out and gets a #12 seed and Duke wins or makes the ACC Final, you'll get to have your dream matchup in the 1st round.

Well it wouldn't be my dream matchup, but i will discuss that in another thread.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Stanford is almost certainly going to win the Pac12, and maybe get a #1 seed, by virtue of their Pac12 schedule.

There's a clear top 6 teams in the Pac 12 this year [Stanford, UCLA, USC, Colorado, Oregon St, Utah)--up to 5 of them could get a top 4 seed.

Stanford has only played SIX total games against the other top teams (only Oregon St twice).

In contrast:

Oregon St has 10 games against the top teams
Utah has 9 games
USC has 9 games
Colorado has 9 games
UCLA has 9 games

Reaction Score
Well it wouldn't be my dream matchup, but i will discuss that in another thread.
Well it would be a good 1st round human interest story ...... Kara and Carly know each other well since her dad is Mike Thibault.... the color commentator would have a good segue to Olympic talk

Reaction Score
Stanford is almost certainly going to win the Pac12, and maybe get a #1 seed, by virtue of their Pac12 schedule.

There's a clear top 6 teams in the Pac 12 this year [Stanford, UCLA, USC, Colorado, Oregon St, Utah)--up to 5 of them could get a top 4 seed.

Stanford has only played SIX total games against the other top teams (only Oregon St twice).

In contrast:

Utah has 9 games
USC has 9 games
Colorado has 9 games
UCLA has 9 games
Yup. Stanford got lucky because the because the PAC-12 went to not playing 4 teams twice this year after not playing two teams twice each year. The rotation has Stanford not playing 4 of the top teams twice.

Makes Oregon State being tied for second even more impressive.

This is one of the reasons I hate the large conferences.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yup. Stanford got lucky because the because the PAC-12 went to not playing 4 teams twice this year after not playing two teams twice each year. The rotation has Stanford not playing 4 of the top teams twice.

Makes Oregon State being tied for second even more impressive.

This is one of the reasons I hate the large conferences.

Just wait til next year when the bottom 3 teams in the ACC wont even get the chance to participate in the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SMU will save a lot on plane fares.

So will Pitt. And Wakr Forest and there 8 fans won't have to make the 30 minute drive.

This is just for next season. It may change in the 25-26 season

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

In contrast:

Utah has 9 games
USC has 9 games
Colorado has 9 games
UCLA has 9 games
All of the top 6 could be in the top 16. I believe Utah has done enough in the last two weeks (wins over Colorado and at USC) to break into the top 16 in Thursday's reveal, particularly with Louisville sure to drop out after losing to Virginia. Colorado will of course fall from the 1 line after taking 3 straight losses, but I don't think they'll fall below a 4 seed since none were bad losses (and all on the road).

The committee is well aware of imbalanced schedules and will not penalize or reward teams for being dealt a tougher or softer conference schedule. This is one of the reasons why conference standings do not necessarily reflect the committee's seeding order.

Reaction Score
The committee … will not penalize or reward teams for being dealt a tougher or softer conference schedule. This is one of the reasons why conference standings do not necessarily reflect the committee's seeding order.
I’m sure they will penalize or reward teams for SOS. That’s the entire reason you have a committee. Otherwise, it’s just 1 South Carolina, 2 Fairfield…

Plebe

Reaction Score
I’m sure they will penalize or reward teams for SOS. That’s the entire reason you have a committee. Otherwise, it’s just 1 South Carolina, 2 Fairfield…
Not the point I was making. I'm saying Stanford's lighter conference schedule (compared to other top Pac-12 teams) will not per se be an advantage to them in terms of getting a higher seed. It may help them finish alone atop the conference standings but the committee is attuned to unbalanced scheduling.

It's worth noting that even with the "lighter" Pac-12 schedule, Stanford's conference schedule is still probably tougher than that of any team from any other conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not the point I was making. I'm saying Stanford's lighter conference schedule (compared to other top Pac-12 teams) will not per se be an advantage to them in terms of getting a higher seed. It may help them finish alone atop the conference standings but the committee is attuned to unbalanced scheduling.

It's worth noting that even with the "lighter" Pac-12 schedule, Stanford's conference schedule is still probably tougher than that of any team from any other conference.
Massey has Stanford’s SOS 14th. UCLA and Colorado and 1-2, followed by Iowa, UConn, and South Carolina. Ironically, their overall SOS is rated tougher than Oregon State’s, which is 19th.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Reaction Score
Massey has Stanford’s SOS 14th. UCLA and Colorado and 1-2, followed by Iowa, UConn, and South Carolina. Ironically, their overall SOS is rated tougher than Oregon State’s, which is 19th.

Massey’s SOS is not close to alignment with NET SOS or RPI.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I said "conference schedule." Teams like Maryland and UConn played tougher nonconference schedules than Stanford and still have a higher overall SOS.

In the NET SOS rankings South Carolina is #22, behind both Stanford and Oregon State.

Reaction Score
I said "conference schedule." Teams like Maryland and UConn played tougher nonconference schedules than Stanford and still have a higher overall SOS.

In the NET SOS rankings South Carolina is #22, behind both Stanford and Oregon State.
Where did you find NET SOS? I looked, but only found the ratings themselves on NCAA site and Warren Nolan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom