Anyone getting screwed over with chips? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyone getting screwed over with chips?

Reaction Score
It’s not to often I will buy chips when I do I get a small bag whenever I get a grinder I have been noticing the bag being half full. They seem to inflate the bag more to sell the image of the bag being 2 times bigger then whats actually in it. Anyone noticing this in general when buying food. I guess its good for me now as I really don’t need to have chips.
They also overinflated to help avoid crushing the chips.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is the entire Boneyard unfamiliar with the idea of inflation?
Yeah! They are inflating the chip bags to fool customers!

Reaction Score
In central/north jersey I grew up with subs. Moved to Philly a couple of years back, went into a deli and ordered a sub. The guy said "What are you talking about?". He kept pretending not to know what I was talking about and bottom line was he wouldn't serve me until I called it a "Hogie"
In Westchester County where I grew up we called them wedges. Boy did I get strange looks when I started at UConn and asked for a wedge.

Reaction Score
Maybe in a country where 40+% of Americans are obese, half full bags of chips isn't too bad of a thing.

Reaction Score
In Westchester County where I grew up we called them wedges. Boy did I get strange looks when I started at UConn and asked for a wedge.
Yeah, some suggest wedge evolved from or originated due to local dialects and challenges pronouncing sandwich. They're grinders or subs, but whatever works elsewhere when hungry.

Reaction Score
Maybe in a country where 40+% of Americans are obese, half full bags of chips isn't too bad of a thing.

Very true now it’s just gotten me to not buy chips now, maybe I’ll just have an apple for a snack they can’t downsize that can they.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

that creeps into lower FFD county too.

Reaction Score
actually the bags are typically overinflated with a nitrogen blanket or similar (can't remember off hand which gas food services use, but it's common practice in industry) to help preserve freshness....and also to bother you

I appreciate you calling it a grinder, though...people look at me funny out here when I call it that

Yes I get that I hear a hoagie or sub even when I order I get corrected “ oh a sub”.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My wife's best friend married a guy who grew up near Ossining. Im from the Hartford, CT area. I gave him the weirdest look the first time he ordered a wedge. Now I know!

Reaction Score
My wife's best friend married a guy who grew up near Ossining. Im from the Hartford, CT area. I gave him the weirdest look the first time he ordered a wedge. Now I know!
Ham and coleslaw wedge was my favorite from T&T deli

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
In central/north jersey I grew up with subs. Moved to Philly a couple of years back, went into a deli and ordered a sub. The guy said "What are you talking about?". He kept pretending not to know what I was talking about and bottom line was he wouldn't serve me until I called it a "Hogie"
I'm a big cheese steak guy and needed to learn the lingo before going to Pat's/Geno's a few years back. Didn't have any problems but "wizz with" just sounded funny when I said it the first time...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I thought the title referred to the worldwide microchip shortage and how it is effecting certain industries and prices of some products. I was relieved when I realized it was about something really important. When the thread morphed into sandwich naming...wow.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Your first problem was going to those spots.
Yeah I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't live up to the hype.
Nah, his first problem was preferring cheese steak to Italian Roast Pork, with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe.
Tough but fair.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
One that gets me is coffee beans. It used to be standard to get 16 oz and now 12 oz is the new norm. I get it from a consumption perspective in that a 12 oz bag gives less chance for the beans to lose their flavor/freshness, but the price point never dropped. In fact the price seems to have increased irrationally. Yesterday at the grocery store I saw a whole lot of 10 oz bags and am mentally preparing for the inevitable drop to 8 oz bags.
Just remember that less is more. That will help you to deal with this madness.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
You have to get them when the buy one- get one free sale is on. If not you paying $5 plus per box for roughly $2 in muffins. I once got mad and bought the competitor
-“Little Debbies” mini muffins. Not as good but more muffins and cheaper. Your welcome
I would only buy the coffee cake ones and then the Walmart in Norwich only ever had blueberry for some reason. So I haven’t had one in a couple of years. I think that’s a good thing though lol.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One that gets me is coffee beans. It used to be standard to get 16 oz and now 12 oz is the new norm. I get it from a consumption perspective in that a 12 oz bag gives less chance for the beans to lose their flavor/freshness, but the price point never dropped. In fact the price seems to have increased irrationally. Yesterday at the grocery store I saw a whole lot of 10 oz bags and am mentally preparing for the inevitable drop to 8 oz bags.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom