Any updates on Azzi ? Or anyone else ? | The Boneyard

Any updates on Azzi ? Or anyone else ?

Reaction Score
It is a shame that a person asks a simple question and gets trampled for asking. A simple polite answer would suffice.
To be fair the moderators of this site, who do the job on a volunteer basis, try to maintain an orderly site. People have a habit of not looking before starting new threads. Chances are the thread you are about to create already exists, and if you take that extra minute or two to read down you'll find it. I understand that creating a new thread is the quickest way to be seen and get attention, but that doesn't help keep the site neat and organized.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
To be fair the moderators of this site, who do the job on a volunteer basis, try to maintain an orderly site. People have a habit of not looking before starting new threads. Chances are the thread you are about to create already exists, and if you take that extra minute or two to read down you'll find it. I understand that creating a new thread is the quickest way to be seen and get attention, but that doesn't help keep the site neat and organized.

And neat and organized is what its all about, Well that and the Hokey Pokey

Reaction Score
I've got to say this. I'm sort of a rookie in the Boneyard but up till now I've been very impressed by the civility of the vast majority of boneyarders. I think there have only been two or three sarcastic or snarky replies to some of the things I've posted. Considering some of the problems during our place in history at this time I find that the posts and replys of the vast, vast, majority of both the ladies and gentlemen to be entertaining, sometimes humorous, and, for the most part, informative. As a matter of fact I've started to utilize comments from people like VeryOldDog, Carnac, Bluedevil and Bama in everyday conversations and, so far, I haven't been shunned.

Reaction Score
I agree some people on this board are just nasty. There I said it, have at me if it makes you feel superior.

I agree.. All the guy did is ask a question....Big deal... He didn't deserve that response... That is why I don't post here very much... I have been a member here longer than many people. Ever since I was a junior at Uconn.... (2011) And I still have less than 50 posts because of certain people's attitudes...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lawrence, I can assure you that because we have several posters here that closely monitor the various social media websites of potential recruits, 90 seconds after SHE (I won't mention her by name anymore until she commits) posts anything regarding either her verbal commitment, or a future "reveal" date, it will be posted here in the yard. You'll read it here first. She is only 1 of 5 recruits in the top 25 of her class that has yet to commit. Okikiola Iriafen, Rayah Marshall, Kayla McPherson and Damiya Hagemann being the other 4. As of today (July 19), there are still 24 of the top 100 ranked players on Hoopgurlz top 100 that are still uncommitted. She has said it's hard for her to make a decision. That also may be why she has not committed yet.

Some players prefer to have a "reveal" assembly at their school similar to that of Aaliyah Edwards, so that they can thank their teachers, teammates and fans for their support. It's quite possible that's what she wants to do.
If her school announces it will not open for fall classes and allow students to physically attend classes IN PERSON, then I think we can expect an announcement shortly thereafter.

If her school does open for the fall semester, then she may decide to have an open student body assembly to facilitate her reveal. The EARLY National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period this year is November 11-18, 2020. The regular signing period for Division 1 basketball is April 14 - May 19, 2021. Most recruits choose not to wait until the regular signing period to sign their NLI. The NCAA strictly forbids all college coaches from making any kind of remarks or comments about any potential recruit(s) until and unless they have received a signed (and the ink is dry) NLI in their office. Her camp is similar to that of the UConn WBB office, and the New England Patriots, in that those programs are air tight!! NO ANONYMOUS INFORMATION LEAKS.......EVER!!!

We haven't heard a word regarding her "leaning" one way or another. My personal guess is the winds of fall will bring an announcement. I'm guessing somewhere between late August and mid October. Hang in there Larry, it won't be much longer. In the meantime, we wait. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kara is putting on the full court press. Now a Duke lean.

And you know this how? :eek: We would appreciate links to any information or sources you have that caused you to come to this conclusion. It is assumed that Lawson is recruiting her hard, just as she is recruiting every other uncommitted recruit in the class of 2021. But to say she is now a Duke lean, I need to see something "substantive" from you that supports that statement. Is today April 1st? :eek:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree.. All the guy did is ask a question....Big deal... He didn't deserve that response... That is why I don't post here very much... I have been a member here longer than many people. Ever since I was a junior at Uconn.... (2011) And I still have less than 50 posts because of certain people's attitudes...
It is probably because you don’t post here very much that you don’t realize that many of the snarky responses were triggered by threads like this that seem to unnecessarily pop up every few days. As @ScottCT and @Carnac have pointed out Azzi hardly Ever gets out her front door without someone on the BY reporting it.
If other posters are keeping you from posting it is our loss. If it were me , I wouldn’t give them that satisfaction.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Starting tonight I am going to say this in my prayers - "Dear God, please, please, Let "She who will not be named" declare soon. Tempers are flaring, blood pressures are rising, objects of hard mineral deposits are being readied to be flung. Just the mention of her name is now causing accusations to be traded by the Democrats and Republicans. Only you can end this peril."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom