Any updates on Azzi ? Or anyone else ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any updates on Azzi ? Or anyone else ?

Reaction Score
I can't be bothered with this crap. I've followed this team since 1995 faithfully. There are many ignorant folks here. It was never this way in the past. Enuf !

Reaction Score
I can't be bothered with this crap. I've followed this team since 1995 faithfully. There are many ignorant folks here. It was never this way in the past. Enuf !
Ok Larry, there are no updates on her.

Reaction Score
Read prior threads Lawrence... This horse had been beaten to death.... and people are still pounding on the ground where the dead horse used to lay. When she commit's, you'll see a ton of threads.

Have a great day :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder who isnt recruiting Fudd. It was thought she was all UConn, now with the delay in committing some fans are thinking she is considering other schools, she may be considering other schools. IMO it will come down to can I win at another school. She can win at UConn and she has Paige her close friend already there. Committing to another school means in many cases not winning anything. UConn has too much to offer and if a great player goes elsewhere fine, there is nothing we can do about it. Geno will continue to get top players and not all of them but enough top players to contend for a NC every year and he is the only coach that can say that. So stop worrying about top recruits going elsewhere. It takes more then one top recruit to get to the FF. It takes IMO a minimum of 4-5 with a couple of good players off the bench.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder who isnt recruiting Fudd. It was thought she was all UConn, now with the delay in committing some fans are thinking she is considering other schools, she may be considering other schools. IMO it will come down to can I win at another school. She can win at UConn and she has Paige her close friend already there. Committing to another school means in many cases not winning anything. UConn has too much to offer and if a great player goes elsewhere fine, there is nothing we can do about it. Geno will continue to get top players and not all of them but enough top players to contend for a NC every year and he is the only coach that can say that. So stop worrying about top recruits going elsewhere. It takes more then one top recruit to get to the FF. It takes IMO a minimum of 4-5 with a couple of good players off the bench.
While we all hope to see Azzi in a UConn uniform some day, if I was advising her right now, I would suggest she take her time before committing. While many HS recruits just want to get the process over, with all the uncertainty right now, waiting to make a final decision has a lot of merit. Consider the following:

]There were 3 HC changes at major D1 programs since the end of last season: ND, TX & Duke. Will there be more to come if there is no basketball season in 20-21?
[*]If there is no basketball in 20-21, that will create a logjam between the HS classes of 2020 & 2021
[*]While there may be a logjam for recent recruiting classes, undoubtedly many eligible seniors as well as some juniors will elect to turn pro.
[*]Finally, if there is no college basketball in 20-21, will 2020 signees still be bound by their NLI’s? Could they decommit without penalty and re-up at another school?
[/LIST]
While I don’t like waiting on Azzi’s decision, she absolutely should wait as long as she can to get as much information as possible to understand what the college basketball landscape will look like, before making her final decision.

Of course the other possibility is that Azzi really enjoys driving her BFF nuts....

Reaction Score

Anyone who thinks she is "all UConn" isn't really thinking, they are .... Dusty Springfield said it best:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I'm not as optimistic as I once was, hope I'm wrong. Maybe she doesn't want to be in Paige's shadow, best buds or not....I dunno, just thinking out loud here. On the other hand, the opportunity to achieve things with Paige and these other wonderfully talented players and recruits....opportunities of this magnitude don't arrive on your doorstep every day...hey, I'm feeling better already. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there truth to the rumour that Waltz went to Azzi's Christening?..:rolleyes:
There is no truth to that at all, the truth is he was right outside the delivery room and didn't need to wait until the Christening.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
There is no truth to that at all, the truth is he was right outside the delivery room and didn't need to wait until the Christening.

Well to be fair, Geno has been known to go for the early commitment.....

lobo_signed.jpg

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
While we all hope to see Azzi in a UConn uniform some day, if I was advising her right now, I would suggest she take her time before committing. While many HS recruits just want to get the process over, with all the uncertainty right now, waiting to make a final decision has a lot of merit. Consider the following:

]There were 3 HC changes at major D1 programs since the end of last season: ND, TX & Duke. Will there be more to come if there is no basketball season in 20-21?
[*]If there is no basketball in 20-21, that will create a logjam between the HS classes of 2020 & 2021
[*]While there may be a logjam for recent recruiting classes, undoubtedly many eligible seniors as well as some juniors will elect to turn pro.
[*]Finally, if there is no college basketball in 20-21, will 2020 signees still be bound by their NLI’s? Could they decommit without penalty and re-up at another school?
[/LIST]
While I don’t like waiting on Azzi’s decision, she absolutely should wait as long as she can to get as much information as possible to understand what the college basketball landscape will look like, before making her final decision.

Of course the other possibility is that Azzi really enjoys driving her BFF nuts....
While I agree that there might be logjams at some schools across 20-21 classes, Azzi will not be a part of it. The cream will always rise to the top. There is not a single WCBB team for which Azzi would not be a starter if she were eligible to play right now. And before people start getting at me that includes SC and UCONN.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I agree that there might be logjams at some schools across 20-21 classes, Azzi will not be a part of it. The cream will always rise to the top. There is not a single WCBB team for which Azzi would not be a starter if she were eligible to play right now. And before people start getting at me that includes SC and UCONN.
Agree that Azzi plays wherever she ends up. The question may be who will her coach and teammates be? As an example, when SB committed to ND, she had no idea that several key players would transfer and a HOF HC would be gone after her freshman season. Of course there are no guarantees in life, but when everything in the world appears to be changing, a little patience is not a bad strategy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom