Ania's shooting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ania's shooting

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The shooting will come. It's not a mechanical problem. She'll find it.

What we should be starting threads about is her passing. She has great vision and decision-making, and I can't remember the last time a UConn freshman in November impressed me so much with her passing ability. At this rate she'll lead the team in assists this year, and it might not even be close.

Reaction Score
Anna and Aubrey = Awesome!
I for one think they are Awesome to watch and am excited to see them Blossom each and every game! Be Positive Please!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. :D
My dad used to drink with a bunch of ironworkers at a local bar. One guy was very outspoken and argumentative, and when pressed he pulled out a great retort. He said, "irregardless of the god damn facts" at least four times an evening! ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do I misremember or did Megan Walker not have the same problem as a freshman?
As soon as a few fall (whenever that is) she will be ok.
Some what.
Megan's first 3 games 1-4, 1-9, & 5-9. Megan was 0-6 on 3ptFGA
Anna first 3 games 0-2, 0-4, & 1-7 Anna is now 0-10 on 3ptFGA

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Since Geno drew a comparison in his postgame comments to last year's UConn-Temple game in Philadelphia, I went back and watched that game. The announcers mentioned that Lou was in a shooting slump, and in fact she missed her first 5 or 6 attempts from the 3-point line. Beyond that, she couldn't do anything else right either. She got the ball stolen from her several times and threw some bad passes. It got so bad that Geno brought Molly into the game in the second quarter to give her a break.

Finally, in the second half, Lou got going. First a fast break layup, then 1 of 2 free throws, and finally she sank a three. She ended up with 10 points, making at most a secondary contribution to UConn's 20-point victory.

Napheesa had a 30-point game. Other than that, UConn looked better in yesterday's game than in the game last January.

Anna will follow a path similar to Lou's. In fact, they appear to me to be pretty similar kinds of players.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the graduate transfer isn't getting more playing time? She played only one minute yesterday and looked pretty good scoring a bucket.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
When Anna was scoreless in the first half I made a prediction in the chat room that she would score in the second half and she did. I don’t want to take Carnac’s place but I am now making the bold prediction that she will hit double digits in the next game on Tuesday.
i'm a believer

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Did he lie?
I do not know if he lied. I did not say he lied. I thought that to say he misspoke was the appropriate wording.
One of the mistakes that people make with Geno is to take his "comments" literally. He's a Philly wise-guy that thrives on prodding and jabbing people with outlandish exaggeration and hyperbole. Geno's uses his "talk" to entertain, motivate and/or diffuse. With one very clever reply to a question, he made us laugh (well those of us that get him) and maybe sent a little prod Anna's way.

Tina Charles was the worst center in America don't you know....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she’s still struggling in January, I’ll start to worry.

I’d bet the farm, my turban and everything I own (which ain’t much) that Anna finds her shot and her stride before the Notre Dame game. :cool:

Reaction Score
One of the mistakes that people make with Geno is to take his "comments" literally. He's a Philly wise-guy that thrives on prodding and jabbing people with outlandish exaggeration and hyperbole. Geno's uses his "talk" to entertain, motivate and/or diffuse. With one very clever reply to a question, he made us laugh (well those of us that get him) and maybe sent a little prod Anna's way.

Tina Charles was the worst center in America don't you know....
I've followed Geno's words for about 35 and know much of his bravdo, hyperbole. The comment was not about Geno lying. The word used was misspoke. Some have used that to imply lying. (joke?) .......
I too know that Geno is, unlike the Pope, Fallible. Not perfect. Actually has HUMAN characteristics. At times has a problem, less now than in the early days, foot in mouth afflictions. But again my comment was related to the WORD not GENO.
And all Centers before and AFTER Tina received the same comment. Then there is the : She's not fast but makes up for by being slow, Can't guard---you pick the inanimate object. One on leaping/rebounding----the cupboard is full related specific positions.
Or my favorite Geno will never ====put in your own phrase. Those accepting these words must believe him RIGID and unlike most humans who evolve in body and mind and impressions.
Why not use what worked. However had I used that approach to my employees---I'd be standing before a federal judge..
While your comment about NOT taking his comment literally has validity the flip side of that coin is ??

Reaction Score
I’d bet the farm, my turban and everything I own (which ain’t much) that Anna finds her shot and her stride before the Notre Dame game. :cool:
You are right--she is intelligent, talented, came in 2nd on the 3 ball contest. Emotionally she probably is have a hard time, no knowledge or fact just a speculation based on experiences.

Reaction Score
My dad used to drink with a bunch of ironworkers at a local bar. One guy was very outspoken and argumentative, and when pressed he pulled out a great retort. He said, "irregardless of the god damn facts" at least four times an evening! ;)
And regardless of the FACTs was he still standing at the end of the evening? Were the Ironworkers the high Ironworkder (at heights) vs factory ironworkds.) The former took less guff they lived on the edge all day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom