Ania's shooting | The Boneyard

Ania's shooting

Reaction Score
Do I misremember or did Megan Walker not have the same problem as a freshman?
As soon as a few fall (whenever that is) she will be ok.

Reaction Score
Do I misremember or did Megan Walker not have the same problem as a freshman?
As soon as a few fall (whenever that is) she will be ok.
Ania put in one shot and it was waved off, foul. She rushes her shot. Also when she cuts across under he basket she should circle back for the lay up. No one is giving it to her on the cut. \
Yes, Megan had buckets of problems as a Frosh a lot of top talent did. DT and Maya were the examples top prove the question--they had few if any problems---FEW is the definitive word.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Anna made a lay up and the smile on her face was priceless. Anna is going to be fine. Even though she was struggling to score, Anna was doing other things. She had a lot of assists today.

Reaction Score
Her shot will develop. Predict if she starts to shoot more on her drives it will loosen up her 3-pointer.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Geno said ania is o for America! If it wasn't so sad it would be funny...
It was kinda funny, but she did score one two pointer. so he misspoke.

Reaction Score
When Anna was scoreless in the first half I made a prediction in the chat room that she would score in the second half and she did. I don’t want to take Carnac’s place but I am now making the bold prediction that she will hit double digits in the next game on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Anna shows a lot of maturity for a freshman. I’m not worried about the shooting slump unless she lets it affect the rest of her game and so far that’s not the case
We'll know that, as you know, by WHEN she plays and how long.. She couldn't play as a Pro if shooting slumps bothered her greatly--but this is ALL different for her. She'll survive.

Reaction Score
When Anna was scoreless in the first half I made a prediction in the chat room that she would score in the second half and she did. I don’t want to take Carnac’s place but I am now making the bold prediction that she will hit double digits in the next game on Tuesday.
From your fingers to the ears of the Basketball Gods. Let the scoring of Ania BEGIN. She made a shot earlier but it was waived she created a foul. Can we call you Canrac ? (no special meaning associated with that)

Reaction Score
Perhaps Geno isn't counting layups for someone who is supposed to be a solid three point shooter. Still, aside from her shooting, I thought Makurat looked pretty good out there. Her play is definitely growing on me.
Pull up the First Nite 3 point shooting contest---she's pretty good. Came in second over Danger.

Reaction Score
Not hard to replace Carnac he’s wrong more than he’s right:p

Reaction Score
Confidence is the most important factor in making perimeter shots, if there is nothing mechanically wrong with your stroke. Anna is thinking a little too much, trying too hard, and the basket looks like a thimble at the present time from distance. She has a very good all around game and will help this group more and more as she gets more comfortable in the UConn system, and her progression will be a huge determining factor in what the team looks like come tournament time. I think she is going to be a very solid contributor as the season advances because she is doing a lot of things well now, other than scoring the ball. JMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom