Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey | The Boneyard

Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know how true this is. I've seen him have this exact same opportunity quite a bt. Sometimes he's alone down there and kicks it out
He's often at a weird angle, I don't know if he doesn't think he can finish in that position or if he always reverts to his natural instinct to pass. It's like he gets happy feet when he gets closer to the rim, I expect that to change next season.

Reaction Score
I'll clarify that this is just my opinion, but I think it’s a stretch to say that this video is being used to throw shade at either player transferring. It’s more likely a coincidence than anything else.
I gotcha....I thought you were hinting at something more cryptic and negative...

Reaction Score
I'll clarify that this is just my opinion, but I think it’s a stretch to say that this video is being used to throw shade at either player transferring. It’s more likely a coincidence than anything else.
But if you're wrong, maybe we should start calling him The Shade King since that moniker is no longer taken.

Reaction Score
AJacks was definitely sending a message posting that on his Instagram to Floyd and Akok. He's saying that the reason you didn't play much or was redshirted is because of the gap between a talented starter at UCONN(AJacks) and those guys.

Posting a video of him blowing by Floyd and dunking on Akok and saying he's gonna miss it lol. Funny stuff by AJacks, and most definitely mocking them particularly with the timing of his post and the message in it.

Reaction Score
I don't see how you can look at that post, which takes old practice footage where AJAX specifically puts the two guys who just portal-ed out on a poster, and not see it as a parting shot. It would have to be the coincidence of all coincidences for him to choose that footage instead of any other practice footage where he dunks.

Reaction Score
Could be a sincere post in that he’ll miss being around and playing with Akok and Floyd…

… but then again, why not just post a picture of dabbing up or chillin with those two? Why post a blow by and poster dunk??

Reaction Score
Cmon guys, I’m sure he’s just having fun and has no animosity towards those guys. Akok in particular seems like a great kid who was loved by his teammates. Remember the huge reception they gave him when he came to practice on crutches following surgery? It’s like when we F with our friends, no different here in my opinion.

Reaction Score
That is absolutely a message. Same as Hurley’s quotes in Mike’s article today.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's quite possible that Jackson feels a bit personally betrayed by these departures (I imagine that he could have similar footage with Diggins and Gaffney on the wrong end).

To some extent, with competitive team sports teammates tend to view it in terms of "going to war" with their teammates and "having each other's back" at all times. The two names I I just posted likely were no surprise to those within the program. The two in his video shocked us with their announcement and it is very possible that Jackson was expecting both back next season to help the team achieve its goals. If he was surprised by the announcements he could be taking it a bit more personally, as a bit of a betrayal.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what else he could be saying by posting that?
Me neither.

I think it's reasonable to be concerned about the culture right now and this doesn't do anything to dissuade that. From my POV it often feels like Hurley picks favorites and this points to that a little bit.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seems like more than a few here agree that it's a diss. me too.
low rent. and now that he's put me in a foul mood for this nonsense,
1. ritz anything blows. too greasy.
2. gloves are off. hey jax, what are u gonna do aboot ur hands problem, and figger out how to adapt, and put the dang biscuit in the dang basket?
cuz, you know, im told here that the league eagerly awaits ur arrival, and you might improve ur chances to be drafted number one. as a point person. who can't shoot or score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom