Andrea Hudy Returns to UConnWBB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andrea Hudy Returns to UConnWBB

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is amazing how far sports training and conditioning has advanced through the years. Increasingly, S&C coaches rely more and more on science, technology and advanced metrics to help athletes improve overall performance.

We’ve come a long way from the dark ages when my teammates and I used to train in a dark room, with no windows that smelled like something not of this world.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
After extensive research, I believe that I have managed to locate the first ever Director of Holistic and Reintegration Sports Performance.

Watch Ty Webb, played by Chevy Chase, holistically attempt to reintegrate Danny into the game of golf in the 1980 movie, "Caddyshack".

Be the ball, Danny.

Reaction Score
After extensive research, I believe that I have managed to locate the first ever Director of Holistic and Reintegration Sports Performance.

Watch Ty Webb, played by Chevy Chase, holistically attempt to reintegrate Danny into the game of golf in the 1980 movie, "Caddyshack".

Be the ball, Danny.

He was the Master and he’s still alive. UConn should bring him in to work on the foul shooting.

Reaction Score
I don't care what she's called as long as she's good with ankles. Of course a little speed wouldn't be a bad thing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Reminder that Andrea Hudy has returned to Storrs and is UConnWBB's Director of Sports Performance. I am curious to see whether a program known for its strength and conditioning improves in those areas.

Reaction Score
Looks like Hudy will come in and do traditional strength and conditioning while Kimball will do more rehabilitation stuff from serious injuries aka Evina's long process last year.
Yeah that was my take as well. Also general injury recovery, which is useful given off-season surgeries and the way players get nicked up during the season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes! Please get Liv in that weight room.
Another outdated myth that won't go away!

Compare a current picture of Liv to one taken in her freshman year, and you will see that she has spent plenty of time developing her strength in the last three years. And if you watch her recent rebounding performance against good opposition, you will see that she has been successful.

Her challenges now are with her shot, her post moves, and with fouling (although that has gotten better in the last year. Her physical strength is no longer an issue.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Another outdated myth that won't go away!

Compare a current picture of Liv to one taken in her freshman year, and you will see that she has spent plenty of time developing her strength in the last three years. And if you watch her recent rebounding performance against good opposition, you will see that she has been successful.

Her challenges now are with her shot, her post moves, and with fouling (although that has gotten better in the last year. Her physical strength is no longer an issue.
Excellent points. We heard the same question on strength about Stewie, and more recently about Paige, players who are both lean, athletic and a lot stronger than they look.

As for Liv, one of her best games this past season was matched up against Syracuse’s 6’7” Kamilla Cardoso, an opponent with 2” and probably 40 lbs on Liv. After a quick start by Cardoso, Liv dominated the big girl at both ends of the court as UConn won easily.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how far sports training and conditioning has advanced through the years. Increasingly, S&C coaches rely more and more on science, technology and advanced metrics to help athletes improve overall performance.

We’ve come a long way from the dark ages when my teammates and I used to train in a dark room, with no windows that smelled like something not of this world.

Great point! Sports training & conditioning has come a long way over the years. The science, technology, and all of the other background information that is being used to help athletes reach their top performance, has been incredible!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite trainers in the game!! Andrea brings a different twist on strength & conditioning that makes the whole process enjoyable.
It's an incredibly impressive resume.
Andrea Hudy - Director of Sports Performance / Women’s Basketball - Women's Basketball Support Staff - University of Connecticut Athletics

Along the same line did anyone else notice that UCONN WBB has 2 graduate assistants for this upcoming season -T’aire Starks & Kiki Russell.
Don't remember this ever happening before.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The AZ loss really opened eyes on strength training. It’s not that UConn does a bad job, but more so that schools like AZ have gained an edge in the weight room. Hudy is a great motivator and part of a new generation of strength & conditioning coaches in college basketball.

It will take time to see a significant impact at UConn. But I expect that Hudy will transform UConn strength & conditioning to the point where absolutely no one will have an advantage over the Huskies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Wow, they're pretty fast. Need to see them do that with the ball.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I note that Nika and Paige were really flying, side by side....with Nika generally beating Paige by a step. They really seem to push each other. And nice to see them leave everyone else behind. Go Croatia!
And we all know how Paige hates to lose…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom