Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform

Reaction Score
The name that keeps popping into my head is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from his year at Kentucky. Absolutely phenomenal player who was their engine to win it all (not Anthony Davis). Andre is better at assisting his teammates but a very similar vibe.

Reaction Score
Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform. He impacts the game constantly. As they said on last night's broadcast, he just seems to glide. That play where Clingan passed to ball to him in stride at halfcourt resulting in a big dunk was a thing of beauty. I'm guessing we see lots more transition offense from Andre in the coming weeks. Two or three baskets like that per game would demoralize the other teams, and it looks like Andre is now ready to provide that spark.

I have no idea how his game translates to the next level, but Andre just might be the most impactful player in college basketball right now.
Yesterday there was this moment where he grabbed a rebound and started heading upcourt theres guys running around him and he looked like he was gliding up court and just effortly passed by everyone and pulled up. Hes got a good handle and it makes me wonder if he is ever going to understand that he can get by 99% of guys defending him and just get to the basket. Ive been saying it for two years and im hoping to see hit before he leaves.

Reaction Score
Pete could not defend or rebound like Andre.. Had the vision/dribbling and passing skills.. Shooting? Different planets..

Andre plays above the rim.. Pete--Not so much.. Still he is a pleasure to watch and brings his own unique skillset--rarely seen--to the table every game.. A major disruptive force.

FWIW..Pete's college coach was his Dad.. To say he had the green light is an understatement
Why are we comparing him to one of the greatest scorers in the history of college basketball. Stop already.

Reaction Score
He is elite at every skill in the game outside of being allergic to scoring the ball.

Passing is elite. Low turnover player despite making high-risk plays. Great handle for his size. Defense is quite possibly the best in all of D1 ball. He's a leader on and off the court.

Yet... he can't even make a layup with a defender within 10 feet of him. It's really quite strange.

Somewhere along the line of his skill development, some coach really failed him.
Think bigger Russell Westbrook. He was seen as a passing defensive player at UCLA. His offense came later in the league.

Reaction Score
Think bigger Russell Westbrook. He was seen as a passing defensive player at UCLA. His offense came later in the league.
I don't remember Russell being known for passing. He was an athletic 2 guard in college and developed his point guard skills in the NBA.

Reaction Score

Not sure I can agree with that. Westbrook has a scoring package. The guy averaged 15ppg his rookie year in the league.

Andre can't make layups or shoot the rock at all. Shoot, he can barely dunk in traffic for some reason.

Reaction Score
Haven't some college basketball players landed in the NFL? Maybe he is a tight tend. I am sure he can outleap just about any corner

Reaction Score
I think Marcus Williams and Shabazz were the most accurate passers I ever saw here. AJ is approaching that level every game with dimes from virtually every angle.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
What I like about him most is he is happiest doing what needs to be done. He’s unselfish and just wants to win. There’s always a place for a player like that on a winning team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom