Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform | The Boneyard

Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform

Reaction Score
Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform. He impacts the game constantly. As they said on last night's broadcast, he just seems to glide. That play where Clingan passed to ball to him in stride at halfcourt resulting in a big dunk was a thing of beauty. I'm guessing we see lots more transition offense from Andre in the coming weeks. Two or three baskets like that per game would demoralize the other teams, and it looks like Andre is now ready to provide that spark.

I have no idea how his game translates to the next level, but Andre just might be the most impactful player in college basketball right now.

Reaction Score
Andre is the most unique player I've ever seen in a UConn uniform. He impacts the game constantly. As they said on last night's broadcast, he just seems to glide. That play where Clingan passed to ball to him in stride at halfcourt resulting in a big dunk was a thing of beauty. I'm guessing we see lots more transition offense from Andre in the coming weeks. Two or three baskets like that per game would demoralize the other teams, and it looks like Andre is now ready to provide that spark.

I have no idea how his game translates to the next level, but Andre just might be the most impactful player in college basketball right now.
Timed it when I re-watched. Inbound, coast to coast dunk in 3 seconds. Wild

Reaction Score
He is elite at every skill in the game outside of being allergic to scoring the ball.

Passing is elite. Low turnover player despite making high-risk plays. Great handle for his size. Defense is quite possibly the best in all of D1 ball. He's a leader on and off the court.

Yet... he can't even make a layup with a defender within 10 feet of him. It's really quite strange.

Somewhere along the line of his skill development, some coach really failed him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He’s definitely a rare bird, but I don’t think he’s unique to UConn….Caron Butler had the same Swiss Army knife skill set with more offensive ability.

I hope scouts recognize that Andre isn’t scoring because he simply knows that he doesn’t have to. If he can develop anything like a consistent jump shot, pro basketball at any level might be an even better place for him than college.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
He’s gotten a little chippy the last few games, and me like it. ….as long as we don’t get technicals for it. Love watching him play.
I noticed this as well. When watching some of the highlights after I got home, I noticed he was running his mouth after some of those dunks/3’s. Love that he’s asserting himself. With more confidence, he’s unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Love his game, too, but I wish he would develop a mentality of: "Plan A: get a running start and dunk everything." "Plan B: Make a nice dish to a teammate for the assist." I really do think it's a mental thing with him. Maybe last night's dunk will get him to attack a little more.

Reaction Score
Pete could not defend or rebound like Andre.. Had the vision/dribbling and passing skills.. Shooting? Different planets..

Andre plays above the rim.. Pete--Not so much.. Still he is a pleasure to watch and brings his own unique skillset--rarely seen--to the table every game.. A major disruptive force.

FWIW..Pete's college coach was his Dad.. To say he had the green light is an understatement

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I didn't think he'd be this effective without more scoring. I was wrong. He's just so good and so disruptive at what he does really well that I hate when he's off the floor. Some smart NBA coach will find a role for him. He'll start on the bench but will soon earn minutes and gradually become indispensable. Reminds me of a Lamar Jackson type player that teams simply can't prepare for.

Reaction Score
If Ben Simmons can be a #1 pick in the NBA, then Andre will find a home and be developed. He still struggles shooting.

Reaction Score
He is elite at every skill in the game outside of being allergic to scoring the ball.

Passing is elite. Low turnover player despite making high-risk plays. Great handle for his size. Defense is quite possibly the best in all of D1 ball. He's a leader on and off the court.

Yet... he can't even make a layup with a defender within 10 feet of him. It's really quite strange.

Somewhere along the line of his skill development, some coach really failed him.
I love waching him play but it's crazy how many dunks he turns down.

Reaction Score
The closest I can compare him to is Daniel Hamilton. Maybe a little Shonn Miller. None match his athleticism and all-around game.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
definitely one of the most fun players to watch in program history but, yeah, amazing how easily he penetrates within feet of the hoop and never even looks at the rim.

He’s an unbelievable facilitator but has a whole other level he can unlock offensively with changing his mentality in those situations

Reaction Score
His head is always up when the ball is in his hands, and especially after rebounds. He's very confident now in his dribbling skills, never getting rattled at ball pressure. His passes are already NBA type not just in accuracy but the speed he can get the ball to his teammate.

If you have bad eyesight he's easy to spot, he runs like a gazelle.

I still think though that Ryan Boatright was more or equally unique.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If Ben Simmons can be a #1 pick in the NBA, then Andre will find a home and be developed. He still struggles shooting.
Man if Pat Beverly can start for an NBA team there’s no way Andre can’t find a role.

Reaction Score
He’s gotten a little chippy the last few games, and me like it. ….as long as we don’t get technicals for it. Love watching him play.
After they showed Hurly mic'd up in the huddle saying something like you're playing them like they're your friends. Toughen up on them. I noticed Andrea go out and try to demoralize the player he came in contact with. Love it!
I notice that no matter how hard and how long he plays he never seems to be winded or tired. Unusual young man.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Think if Calhoun had Andre he’d give him the Rudy Gay treatment and make him spend most of a game attacking the rim to score.

Reaction Score
Andres work ethics and comradery is contagious. He's playing a game at an athletic pace that has never been seen.....there is no blinking....he's gonna make you score.
I'll bet Andre does the same in his NBA future.....make everyone around him better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom