...And They're Off! | The Boneyard

...And They're Off!

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230814_171207_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Our team is embarking on a European trip/tour they will never forget. Basketball games aside, they will visit local historical places and meet people that will make the tour unforgettable. You can bet they've ALL been looking forward to today. This tour is part of their college education/experience. It's not a bad team-building opportunity either. I'm happy for our girls. :) Team boosters and parents will accompany them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our team is embarking on a European trip/tour they will never forget. Basketball games aside, they will visit local historical places and meet people that will make the tour unforgettable. You can bet they've ALL been looking forward to today. This tour is part of their college education/experience. It's not a bad team-building opportunity either. I'm happy for our girls. :) Team boosters and parents will accompany them.

Carnac

Reaction Score
One small mention here. The team won’t have long to unwind and recover from their trip abroad. Classroom instruction at UConn resumes two weeks from today on Monday Aug 28.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There was a little bit of an issue on the flight but now that everyone is safely in Croatia I can post about it.

IMG_9840.jpeg

"11 national championships? That is just not good for woman's college basketball."

IMG_9841.jpeg

"Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before, now will you please sit down so we can take off?"

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don’t know, but it made me ponder. I think the next big trip, the BY should sponsor (all expenses paid) a member (preferably me) to travel with the team and report daily news and videos. Great idea right? ;)
Right!!! Hey AmeriConn, what a "selfless" thing to do for the Boneyard. I'm impressed. :eek:

Reaction Score
I don’t know, but it made me ponder. I think the next big trip, the BY should sponsor (all expenses paid) a member (preferably me) to travel with the team and report daily news and videos. Great idea right? ;)
Or we can just let them be college kids for a few months out of the year and let them have their vacation in peace.

Reaction Score
What a cool experience. I hope that they have fun, enjoy the experience, play injury free, learn a little about countries and culture, continue to develop that team chemistry, learn from each other, and eat some great food. Go, UConn!!

Reaction Score
Or we can just let them be college kids for a few months out of the year and let them have their vacation in peace.
In high school, my daughter went on a class trip to France organized by a not-so-imaginative teacher. It was fine except for the food, since the teacher had signed on with a tour group that took the kids to tourist restaurants at each town they visited. After two days of this, my daughter and her best buddy decided to ditch the group and seek better food in each town. They had a ton of fun doing this, and word got around. After a while, the teacher decided to watch to see where she and her friend went, and then follow them with the rest of the group. In effect, my daughter became the tour guide.

I'm sure Geno will be much cannier about stuff like this. But I hope the kids also have a few adventures.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In high school, my daughter went on a class trip to France organized by a not-so-imaginative teacher. It was fine except for the food, since the teacher had signed on with a tour group that took the kids to tourist restaurants at each town they visited. After two days of this, my daughter and her best buddy decided to ditch the group and seek better food in each town. They had a ton of fun doing this, and word got around. After a while, the teacher decided to watch to see where she and her friend went, and then follow them with the rest of the group. In effect, my daughter became the tour guide.

I'm sure Geno will be much cannier about stuff like this. But I hope the kids also have a few adventures.
During my 24 years in the Army I spent more than 16 of it overseas. Almost always eating at places that most of the American service members didn't go to. My first 6 months in Germany was always with other GI's, then I met my future wife, she took me to a whole new world of food, staying clear of the establishments that catered to the GI's. I did the same when I was stationed in Korea, the Netherlands and while I was on temporary duty in England, Turkey and even a little bit when in Northern Iraq. The best food I ever had was from my Mother in-law she could cook, wish the wife had learned more from her on some of the dishes. She is good in her own right but not on the same level as he late mother.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm not saying, I'm just saying.......in two weeks my friend. Believe me, I'm not trying to pee in their Kool-Aid. :oops: Their summer is quickly coming to an end. So plan ahead and take these last 13 days to enjoy what's left of it. The 28th will be here in the blink of an eye. :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A day Nika's family will never forget.......and neither will she. :D How cool is that, to have the whole team hang out in YOUR digs?
I believe that this is either at a restaurant or hotel. Nika's digs are much smaller than what is in the post. She stated earlier that there isn't enough room for the whole team to be at her place. Although it looks like they're having a lot of fun wherever they are at.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I believe that this is either at a restaurant or hotel. Nika's digs are much smaller than what is in the post. She stated earlier that there isn't enough room for the whole team to be at her place. Although it looks like they're having a lot of fun wherever they are at.
You're right. I didn't see the colored neon lights in the background the first 3 times. Beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice to have a longer video next time. I'll bet everyone ate like a hostage. :eek: Needless to say, that restaurant put on "The Ritz" for our girls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom