...And They're Off! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

...And They're Off!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is a MAJOR tease. :( For our girls to play 4 exhibition games, and we're not able to see any of them. I don't care about a live feed/broadcast. I'd be happy for a full-length recorded game as you get for FIBA games on YouTube. We may not even get a box score.

Reaction Score
The UConn athletic department put replays of the men’s games on UConn+. It’s possible the women’s games cou be posted as well

Screenshot_20230816_080029_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Reaction Score
Is there any chance the games will show up on YouTube? I don’t get UConn+

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is there any chance the games will show up on YouTube? I don’t get UConn+
Everyone "gets" UConn+. It is a free streaming service. It can be a little wonky though. For the men's games I could get them to play on my phone but not on my laptop.

Reaction Score
Everyone "gets" UConn+. It is a free streaming service. It can be a little wonky though. For the men's games I could get them to play on my phone but not on my laptop.
Thanks. That may be the problem. I thought it was a regional problem when I couldn't access anything on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks. That may be the problem. I thought it was a regional problem when I couldn't access anything on it.
For what it's worth, I was able to get it on my laptop for baseball games. I'm not sure why it was different for men's basketball games. For baseball I would cast from my laptop to my TV and it was perfect, same picture and quality as if it were on linear TV.

For what it's worth, the men's European games broadcasts weren't "professional" quality. More like an individual recorded them and there were no commentators, obviously. I would expect the woman's to be more or less the same. Still a lot of information as you can see spacing, sets, who's hot, how healthy everyone looks etc.

I would also expect that someone will make up a highlights reel and post it to YouTube within a day or so after a game.

Reaction Score
I’m able to watch the men’s games on both my computer and phone.

To watch the games, people can go here: https://uconnhuskies.com/watch/on-demand/basketball-foreign-tours. In « Filter by Sport » choose « Women’s Basketball. » The broadcast is low quality with a single camera. No commentary.

Reaction Score
Problem solved … so far. I’ve found it as a Roku channel. Looks like the croatia games haven’t loaded yet.

One pleasant surprise: highlight videos. These are just clips but from really good camera angles. Much better than what you see in a normal game film.

I really love floor level views. You get to see how big and strong the players really are. And you can really feel how thunderous a perimeter shot can be. Azzi or Caroline way out there and they launch the rock in defiance of gravity and distance, the camera pans to follow it and then swish, it ripples the cords. It’s almost the way the players experience it. And I’m hoping opposing teams get to have this feeling a lot with our perimeter shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom