An Appeal to UConn fans: for the Sport | Page 3 | The Boneyard

An Appeal to UConn fans: for the Sport

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So glad to see Iowa beat SOuth Carolina. I guess no one told them that South Carolina was supposed to win this game.
I'm super happy Iowa won and hope they beat LSU and my least favorite head coach. Caitlin Clark is unquestionably the best player in the country. I question Staley's gameplan in this one though. Iowa had no answer at all for Boston and Cardoza (especially). If South Carolina exploited that advantage more, they'd probably have won. Without that, just too much Caitlin Clark.

Reaction Score
Dam, Aalyah Boston was held to 8 points tonight. I think nerves played a big part in this game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say, the post game broadcast after the South Carolina/Iowa game last night was a hot mess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The good news, for UConn, ESPN will be featuring Caitlin Clark lot more in their promos for future tourneys and less of the Arike shot. ;)
They could do worse! I have to say, she said and did all the right things after game like minimizing her role, that she scored 63% of her teams points and her taking the time to walk up to the stands and sign stuff for people. She seems like a good kid.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Great games, both, but could they find anyone worse than the three as studio hosts? OMG, I had to change the channel during halftime. Instead of acting like basketball experts, they acted like fans, and the contrast between the motormouth McNutt and the slow choppy delivery of Peck made it unbearable to listen to.
I can't believe ESPN couldn't do better, but I guess bowing to the SEC is what that station is now all about.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ll watch. And I won’t be pulling for the SEC
Tough loss for your Gamecocks, but a great game for WBB. Best of luck next year. I can’t wait to see the matchup between a hopefully “healthy” Husky team and the Gamecocks next season in Columbia.

Reaction Score
Great games, both, but could they find anyone worse than the three as studio hosts? OMG, I had to change the channel during halftime. Instead of acting like basketball experts, they acted like fans, and the contrast between the motormouth McNutt and the slow choppy delivery of Peck made it unbearable to listen to.
I can't believe ESPN couldn't do better, but I guess bowing to the SEC is what that station is now all about.
McNutt tests me. Peck isn't bad but seems tired of her role and doesn't appear to have the energy she one did.

Reaction Score
You didn’t enjoy the Mulkey fashion show?

Reaction Score
As most, if not all, of you know, wbb is trying to get a tournament contract that is separate from the men’s in the well-founded belief that it will mean more money and exposure for the sport. It is important to that end that TV viewership be as strong as possible at this time.

You guys have the nation’s biggest fanbase and your continued viewership is critical to the cause!

I implore you to watch the final four games - or at least turn a tv set in your house onto the games if you just can’t stand to watch ( Yes, I understand that feeling). Feel free to watch and pull against my Gamecocks. :D

Viewership of wbb this year has been outstanding and you have certainly been a critical section of that viewership. Help the sport get to the finish line with the best year ever!

Thanks!
Remember. I'm the fuddy-duddy guy. I grew up on the joy of sandlot baseball. Money? Exposure? Kids will play. Some will excel. People will want to see the exploits of those that rise highest in excellence. There'll be a market for that. The invisible hand will take care of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom