American Rising on ESPN2: Memphis vs Houston Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

American Rising on ESPN2: Memphis vs Houston Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I might have my sobriety checked by a few Yarders, but I think that either of these teams would have beaten Clemson TODAY.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Wow. What a game! Postma was awesome in relief. Would rather face Greg Ward next week. Crazy good watching. The AAC has been fun to watch this year. And USF crushing Temple? Wow!

Reaction Score
I might have my sobriety checked by a few Yarders, but I think that either of these teams would have beaten Clemson TODAY.

I kinda agree. Clemson has been struggling with better defenses and their offense has been pretty pedestrian since that blow out of Miami. I think they're starting to miss Chad Morris

Dooley

Reaction Score
What's Houston CFP ranking coming up? My guess 17/18?

That's a good question. #9 LSU, #10 Stanford, #17 Miss St all lost so there should be shifting. Navy likely shifts up to 17/18 range. I'd say Houston goes from 24 to right behind Navy. Both Navy and Houston (and Memphis for that matter) looked better today than any of the ranked losers and ranked winners like TCU and Northwestern. It's getting increasingly difficult to justify some of these rankings, especially a 2-loss team, to be ahead of either Navy or Houston.

Dooley

Reaction Score
One other thing: remember all the gooing and gah-ing that Oregon got after they lost at Michigan St? "They should be rewarded for playing so well in a road game, not penalized." I hope the same judgment is applied to Memphis. There is no way Memphis is not a Top 25 team in 2015. None. They should not be penalized too harshly for the loss tonight.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
One other thing: remember all the gooing and gah-ing that Oregon got after they lost at Michigan St? "They should be rewarded for playing so well in a road game, not penalized." I hope the same judgment is applied to Memphis. There is no way Memphis is not a Top 25 team in 2015. None. They should not be penalized too harshly for the loss tonight.
Too bad they most likely will, more so because of back to back losses even if they were to 2 ranked teams (P5 bias).
Side note, what happened to Ward? Noticed he still had his pads on and seemed ok celebrating on the sidelines with his teammates. I was watching the game off and on and missed the injury.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Too bad they most likely will, more so because of back to back losses even if they were to 2 ranked teams (P5 bias).
Side note, what happened to Ward? Noticed he still had his pads on and seemed ok celebrating on the sidelines with his teammates. I was watching the game off and on and missed the injury.

Was an ankle injury on an awkward tackle in the 2nd quarter. As soon as they changed QBs, Houston's offense took off.

Reaction Score

Ha! I like your spirit but Clemson would crunch both of them

Reaction Score
I still can't believe that just happened...
OMG...

OMG.....

Holy

See you guys next week.
ET me up Coogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics