Almost Time to Shock the World | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Almost Time to Shock the World

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wasn’t saying he went every Wednesday. I meant hes gone every week. This past week happened to be on a Wednesday.
Whoa…why do we have two Ants now? I am getting confused.

Reaction Score
Heard Hurley and Luke went to FL to see Cooper on Wednesday. For the 9th week in a row.

I love it so much that on one end of the spectrum we have yarders that spend hours & hours analyzing social media adds and likes from recruits, their parents, aunts, 2nd cousins to try and predict if they’re coming to UConn, and on the other end we have people believing (or wanting to believe) that somehow Hurley & Co have clones that allow them to simultaneously be in Florida watching Cooper Flagg and be in Gampel running the Blue-White scrimmage!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I love it so much that on one end of the spectrum we have yarders that spend hours & hours analyzing social media adds and likes from recruits, their parents, aunts, 2nd cousins to try and predict if they’re coming to UConn, and on the other end we have people believing (or wanting to believe) that somehow Hurley & Co have clones that allow them to simultaneously be in Florida watching Cooper Flagg and be in Gampel running the Blue-White scrimmage!
Blue-blood scientific research system to match our blue blood basketball program...why do you thinkn the ice cream is so good?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whoa…why do we have two Ants now? I am getting confused.
If you don't get rid of them early, you get an infestation.
fire ants apocalypse GIF by PBS

Reaction Score
Not saying it’s true. But it is incredibly feasible to take a flight to Florida early Wednesday morning and be back for a 7 o clock practice. It’s a 3 hr flight

Reaction Score
Not saying it’s true. But it is incredibly feasible to take a flight to Florida early Wednesday morning and be back for a 7 o clock practice. It’s a 3 hr flight
The stuff that we’re willing to believe is incredible. Is it technically possible if everything goes perfectly? Sure. Did it happen? No.

Reaction Score
The stuff that we’re willing to believe is incredible. Is it technically possible if everything goes perfectly? Sure. Did it happen? No.
I’m not believing anything. I honestly don’t care. But if you don’t believe coaches take flights to recruit and return in the same day you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Blue/White night wasn’t game day. Coaches do this with practices all the time.

And it doesn’t have to go even close to “perfectly”. They didn’t take a flight to India lmao

Reaction Score
This is a pretty normal thing to do. I'm not a coach, and even ive done it a few times. Salespeople, IT guys, random meetings (mostly pre-zoom), do it.

It's not unusual, and certainly not impossible.

Reaction Score
Isn’t quite in my 80’s? LOL - Still got 14 years!
Me too! Planning to retire next year, 26 weeks to go.

Regards bball and Cooper, I hope you are right if you are hinting (hopefully with some inside knowledge) that he may choose UConn.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It is much easier to do on private planes too.

Anyone who sits next to me on an airplane who has a zoom meeting during the flight will be met with loud armpit fart sounds until they logoff.

Only exception: the flight was delayed so long that a zoom meeting had been scheduled after they were supposed to land had to be done inflight, AND s/he apologizes/explains the situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a pretty normal thing to do. I'm not a coach, and even ive done it a few times. Salespeople, IT guys, random meetings (mostly pre-zoom), do it.

It's not unusual, and certainly not impossible.
Can’t believe I’m going to go down this rabbit hole. To get to Montverde from the airport probably adds another hour - so 4 hour trip. Then back to airport and then land in Hartford, travel back to Storrs. Think he runs in right as practice is starting? Not logical in my opinion. But hey - hope you’re right. Maybe Dan Hurley is a magician and pulled it off.

Reaction Score
Can’t believe I’m going to go down this rabbit hole. To get to Montverde from the airport probably adds another hour - so 4 hour trip. Then back to airport and then land in Hartford, travel back to Storrs. Think he runs in right as practice is starting? Not logical in my opinion. But hey - hope you’re right. Maybe Dan Hurley is a magician and pulled it off.
Private aviation also means non commercial airports. Orlando Executive and Windham. That plus speed/altitude changes the entire flight time issue.

Reaction Score
Just having fun with it all.

By “seeing Cooper”, I take it to mean “ watch him play or practice”…which we’d expect happens in the later afternoon/evening…but of course, they could have flown down to have a brunch chit-chat about avoiding creepy Duke babies, nerds, and sus coaches riding coattails with Coop ;)

Reaction Score
Pretty ridiculous take. This happens everyday in the sports and business world. Lots of early morning and afternoon flights too. There are also donors who allow their planes to be used for purposes like this.

Reaction Score
You’ve over thought this by a lot. Let’s use your time for arguments sake(Though you’re probably wrong there too).

The leave at 6a
*4 hours later
They arrive at Monteverde at 10am
They me with Flagg and family for 2 hrs
They leave at 12
*4 hours later
They arrive at Bradley at 4pm

Blue/White night is 3 HOURS AWAY

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Wether it happened or not is irrelevant. He’s going to Dook. The point is it happens all the time. And for a guy like Flagg it’s the cost of admission. This isn’t hard

Reaction Score
Private aviation also means non commercial airports. Orlando Executive and Windham. That plus speed/altitude changes the entire flight time issue.
This. Orlando-Apopka is even closer to Motverde than Orlando Executive. I used to do day trips to Orlando and Tampa when I worked for WWE. I’d be back at Westchester County Airport and home for dinner with my family in Stamford. Did it happen? No idea. But anyone who thinks Hurley and Luke couldn’t pull off that trip and be back to Windham Airport in time for the Blue-White game hasn’t a clue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom