All ten toes are in for Kevin Ollie! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

All ten toes are in for Kevin Ollie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone else joining!!!!!
Early talent evaluators
fleudslipcon, uconnfan68, mauconnfan, huskyharry, aceboon, FfldCntyFan, 8893, imn1, patrick, tcf15, dante, Glaston Tim, RichZ, Dove, Sportsman5, huskiesnyc, GemParty, DogBreath2u, joober jones, Clockshop, Huskies4ever, 61cygni, ChrisSmithsPart, Kitaman, warbler13, Rockymtnroads, HuskyfanDan, OkaForPrez, tykurez, CL82, Brachacho, ibleedhuskblue, RodeickSpode,Hans Sprungfeld, TerryA88, PomonaHusky, caw, Pudge, selles, AtlHusky, uconnell, Buzzyboy, auggie22, UChusy916
Late to the party: Manuel Warde.
Never joining: freescooter

Reaction Score
Frankly I will admit I thought a coaching change before we were safely in a Major Conference would be a disaster.
Just because basketball isn't the prime reason for selection to a conference doesn't mean is not a secondary factor. The peception of a post Calhoun UConn basketball was that of a former power. He set a a pretty high bar.
Ollie has gone above and beyond my expectations. I'm sure he has gotten the attention of the UConn is dead crowd.
He actually made me a believer in the pre-Big East scedule.
The team defense diplayed reminded me of an early Calhoun team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
images

A better choice than the David Petraeus book cover or the nude with 7 toes on one foot and 3 toes on the other.

Do I have to quote myself in order get mention as an earlier adopter?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I figured people missed this thread! I'll keep adding.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Frankly I will admit I thought a coaching change before we were safely in a Major Conference would be a disaster.
Just because basketball isn't the prime reason for selection to a conference doesn't mean is not a secondary factor. The peception of a post Calhoun UConn basketball was that of a former power. He set a a pretty high bar.
Ollie has gone above and beyond my expectations. I'm sure he has gotten the attention of the UConn is dead crowd.
He actually made me a believer in the pre-Big East scedule.
The team defense diplayed reminded me of an early Calhoun team.
From this I take it you have ten toes in, correct old man! Saw your post in CR!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anyone else joining!!!!!
Early talent evaluators
fleudslipcon, uconnfan68, mauconnfan, huskyharry, aceboon, FfldCntyFan, 8893, imn1, patrick, tcf15, dante, Glaston Tim, RichA, Dove, Sportsman5, huskiesnyc, GemParty, DogBreath2u, joober jones, Clockshop, Huskies4ever, 61cygni, ChrisSmithsPart, Kitaman, warbler13, Rockymtnroads, HuskyfanDan, OkaForPrez, tykurez, CL82, Brachacho, ibleedhuskblue, RodeickSpode, Hans Sprungeld, TerryA88, PomonaHusky, caw, uconnell, selles, AtlHusky, Pudge, Buzzyboy, auggie22, UChusy916, uconNYC, ASHuskiePop, kjk9182,, huskiemaniac

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
IN!!! UConn alum, 13 years of NBA experience, integrity and work ethic off the charts, great motivator, and has shown that he is a good game coach. He will recruit, his teams will play hard, and heis going to WIN!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anyone else joining!!!!!
Early talent evaluators
fleudslipcon, uconnfan68, mauconnfan, huskyharry, aceboon, FfldCntyFan, 8893, imn1, patrick, tcf15, dante, Glaston Tim, RichA, Dove, Sportsman5, huskiesnyc, GemParty, DogBreath2u, joober jones, Clockshop, Huskies4ever, 61cygni, ChrisSmithsPart, Kitaman, warbler13, Rockymtnroads, HuskyfanDan, OkaForPrez, tykurez, CL82, Brachacho, ibleedhuskblue, RodeickSpode, Hans Sprungfeld, TerryA88, PomonaHusky,caw, uconnell, selles, AtlHusky, Pudge, UConnell, Buzzyboy, auggie22, UChusy916, uconNYC, ASHuskiePop, kjk9182, huskiemaniac, #1 PAHusky Fan

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Unless there is some mysterious RichA around here, you've got me spelled wrong.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Unless there is some mysterious RichA around here, you've got me spelled wrong.
I made you the alpha instead of the omega. Sorry! Corrected.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anyone else joining!!!!!
Early talent evaluators
fleudslipcon, uconnfan68, mauconnfan, huskyharry, aceboon, FfldCntyFan, 8893, imn1, patrick, tcf15, dante, Glaston Tim, RichZ, Dove, Sportsman5, huskiesnyc, GemParty, DogBreath2u, joober jones, Clockshop, Huskies4ever, 61cygni, ChrisSmithsPart, Kitaman, warbler13, Rockymtnroads, HuskyfanDan, OkaForPrez, tykurez, CL82, Brachacho, ibleedhuskblue, RodeickSpode, Hans Sprungfeld, TerryA88, PomonaHusky,caw, uconnell, selles, AtlHusky, Pudge, UConnell, Buzzyboy, auggie22, UChusy916, uconNYC, ASHuskiePop, kjk9182, huskiemaniac, #1 PAHusky Fan, Doggie Style

Reaction Score
A thread was started by Palatine questioning how fans will respond about KO if the team goes through a bad stretch.

Well I'm declaring right now I'm all in with KO. I have no problem with people wanting to wait. I thought I would start a thread in which those of us who are currently excited about KO can proclaim we are satisfied and have proof all season about our declaration. If things turn out good, bad or indifferent we have staked our claim, are unafraid to show it, and will not jump off the bandwagon if things turn badly.

I'm declaring all ten toes are in for Kevin. Come on husky fans. Join me if you have the courage to do so. And remember it's about the front of the shirt and not the number or name on the back!

2 birds and 10 toes! for doubt, Ollie is a genius.

Jim

Reaction Score
...ooooO..Ooooo...
...\....../....\ ...../...
....|....|......|....|....
....\_/........\_/.....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At this point I wish I had more toes.

Reaction Score
I am def in. Very pleased that the AD had the good sense the sign KO to a long term deal. I don't care that there will be some bad times ahead...every team will run into that. I am 100% in. And the best part...KO is only going to get better as a coach and a recruiter.

We spent a lot of time pining over Shaka...we got that plus kept the Husky pedigree. Program is going to be strong in the long run with KO I believe.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
A thread was started by Palatine questioning how fans will respond about KO if the team goes through a bad stretch.

Well I'm declaring right now I'm all in with KO. I have no problem with people wanting to wait. I thought I would start a thread in which those of us who are currently excited about KO can proclaim we are satisfied and have proof all season about our declaration. If things turn out good, bad or indifferent we have staked our claim, are unafraid to show it, and will not jump off the bandwagon if things turn badly.

I'm declaring all ten toes are in for Kevin. Come on husky fans. Join me if you have the courage to do so. And remember it's about the front of the shirt and not the number or name on the back!

I was in from the day they announced he was hired. I'm not going to change my mind even if we lose the rest of the games this season, which is definitely NOT going to happen on No. 12's watch.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anyone else joining!!!!!
Early talent evaluators
fleudslipcon, uconnfan68, mauconnfan, huskyharry, aceboon, FfldCntyFan, 8893, imn1, patrick, tcf15, dante, Glaston Tim, RichZ, Dove, Sportsman5, huskiesnyc, GemParty, DogBreath2u, joober jones, Clockshop, Huskies4ever, 61cygni, ChrisSmithsPart, Kitaman, warbler13, Rockymtnroads, HuskyfanDan, OkaForPrez, tykurez, CL82, Brachacho, ibleedhuskblue, RodeickSpode, Hans Sprungfeld, TerryA88, PomonaHusky,caw, uconnell, selles, AtlHusky, Pudge, UConnell, Buzzyboy, auggie22, UChusy916, uconNYC, ASHuskiePop, kjk9182, huskiemaniac, #1 PAHusky Fan, Doggie Style, Bezzz, rw005, SJ, Jim, Huskies2324, UConnNick

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I wasn't all in from the start so I can't be on the all in team.

However, he has really exceeded what I expected. I never thought he couldn't be a good to great coach, but I really thought it was going to take several (4+ years) to even sniff that status. He's certainly shown that he can fix team weaknesses (rebounding), get the most out of players who generally aren't as talented as kids they are going against (Olander today), play some really hard nosed UConn type defense, grind out late game situations where they shouldn't (today, MSU, and even Marquette), and finally make the right calls and adjustments in game to out produce some pretty high profile coaches. All that is left is seeing if he can recruit at a high enough level to keep UConn in the top 10 club - I think that won't be much of a problem. Who wouldn't want to play for him? Great guy, solid coach, really good teacher who make you better.

Glad you guys were right from the start. I'm starting to believe we have something special here. Another 25+ year coach would be awesome. Not too many schools will be able to say 'we've only had 2 coaches in the last half century.'

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I wasn't all in from the start so I can't be on the all in team.

However, he has really exceeded what I expected. I never thought he couldn't be a good to great coach, but I really thought it was going to take several (4+ years) to even sniff that status. He's certainly shown that he can fix team weaknesses (rebounding), get the most out of players who generally aren't as talented as kids they are going against (Olander today), play some really hard nosed UConn type defense, grind out late game situations where they shouldn't (today, MSU, and even Marquette), and finally make the right calls and adjustments in game to out produce some pretty high profile coaches. All that is left is seeing if he can recruit at a high enough level to keep UConn in the top 10 club - I think that won't be much of a problem. Who wouldn't want to play for him? Great guy, solid coach, really good teacher who make you better.

Glad you guys were right from the start. I'm starting to believe we have something special here. Another 25+ year coach would be awesome. Not too many schools will be able to say 'we've only had 2 coaches in the last half century.'
BS! Anyone with ten toes in before freescooter admits KO is special is considered in.

Some of us are from Missouri and some of us head to Missouri. Rationally, testing, observation in KO's situation, is the only real way to substantiate whether a hypothesis is right or wrong. I just had more than a strong feeling about KO based on his career and what players and coaches had to say about him, and what people who had kids go to his bb camps had to say about him.

I was bummed that JC had to retire since the time I knew it was inevitable several years ago. I felt given the coaching carousel that we see everywhere, this was UConn's potential fate. So I was concerned that taking in a hot shot from some lesser program would use UConn as a stepping stone to an even higher profile program, not that there are that many, but there are some. I wanted loyalty. I wanted someone who bleeds UConn blue and white like JC, you and me. And I saw that in KO. I had no problem taking hits if I was wrong. But as I said, I felt strongly about KO. So starting this thread was really a no brainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom