Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought I saw he's in a cast? Is that why he's considering getting up on campus since he's going to miss a portion of his SR season?

He has a broken wrist. Should be back to playing in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
UConn could get a new addition to the roster in as soon as a week. Alex Karaban, the 6-7 Class of 2022 forward who committed to the Huskies this summer, could possibly enroll at the school early and join the team. If he did, Karaban could be with UConn shortly after Christmas — though he almost won’t play this season, much like Akok Akok did a few years ago and guard Cory Floyd Jr. is doing this season.

Reaction Score
UConn could get a new addition to the roster in as soon as a week. Alex Karaban, the 6-7 Class of 2022 forward who committed to the Huskies this summer, could possibly enroll at the school early and join the team. If he did, Karaban could be with UConn shortly after Christmas — though he almost won’t play this season, much like Akok Akok did a few years ago and guard Cory Floyd Jr. is doing this season.
Staff should push for this every single time with recruits. That extra semester of practice against elite college competition will pay off huge dividends in the future.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Drove by the campus once had all the appeal of a car dealership. A sports factory, if you want your kid to receive a sports scholarship to college send 'em to IMG.

that's kinda the whole function of IMG. So they're doing it right.

If you want to see what a prep school looks like for the whole "prep school experience" check out the The Bolles School in Jacksonville.

Reaction Score
this is huge for us. i imagine hurley will be much more comfortable playing karaban his redshirt-freshman year if he has a semester of practice under his belt.

Reaction Score
Serious question, if he immediately got minutes would he be our 3rd best, 2nd best or best shooter on the floor?

Reaction Score
Serious question, if he immediately got minutes would he be our 3rd best, 2nd best or best shooter on the floor?
I would put him behind Polley, Hawkins, Cole so I'll go with 4th best

Reaction Score
more importantly i'll go with 2nd best next year after hawk

Reaction Score
Does it really say "though he almost won't play...."? Editing is a lost art. Spell check doesn't catch errors like that.

Reaction Score
Does it really say "though he almost won't play...."? Editing is a lost art. Spell check doesn't catch errors like that.
Says "almost certainly" in the article. Borges must have gone back and edited it.

I find multiple errors in almost every Courant article on the Huskies since the new beat guy came on board. You would think someone would go through the articles and edit them but I guess not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hawkins and Polley are supposed to be lights out shooters.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Says "almost certainly" in the article. Borges must have gone back and edited it.

I find multiple errors in almost every Courant article on the Huskies since the new beat guy came on board. You would think someone would go through the articles and edit them but I guess not.

Newspapers can’t afford the staff anymore. You see the same mistakes in every paper. Times, Post they all have loads of mistakes that aren’t caught anymore and are fixed later if at all.

Agree this would give him a leg up to contribute earlier next season. Get some major S&C going as well.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If he is a good shooter (and I think he is) he has no conscience. He is also supposed to have good bb iq. Life is full of surprises. What do we have to lose?

I just love getting these young guys in the house. And the fact that they can't wait to get here means they're already bleeding blue. Staff and team messaging is just fantastic.

Reaction Score
Staff should push for this every single time with recruits. That extra semester of practice against elite college competition will pay off huge dividends in the future.
You need an open scholarship in the current year to do this. We can do this only because Polley and IW don’t count towards the 13 limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom