AJ - I don't see it | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AJ - I don't see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, but people want at least one of them to jump to the NBA ASAP before that chemistry brings us an NC just so we can attract the next stud who can leave early. But I hope you’re right. Have fun while it lasts.

The Office Reaction GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No doubt a spectacularly tremendous athlete. I don't see sufficient inner toughness or bball IQ to project he will consistently excel at this level.
Btw, I thought you chose your words with care in both thread Title and the words I've quoted, especially by grounding them in your personal observation and opinion.

Few posters are comparably responsible in their expression, because it exposes one's assessment to greater direct criticism as we've seen here.

I don't know if your current assessment will turn out to be more right than wrong, and I'm mindful that Andre's 3 points, 3 turnovers, and 2 assists on his 20th birthday generated a lot more heat than light in post-game comments. He's not even a month out of his teens.

PS - Kudos for anyone whose comment included the phrase, "I see it."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You can definitely question his shot and his overall ability to score the basketball, but I don't think you can question his athleticism, BBall IQ, heart, or toughness.

I'm starting to split hairs with the whole "Jackson has a great BB IQ" argument.

He has great vision. He sees things before they happen and you can tell his mind is always looking ahead. He is said to be a student of the game. He's also really unselfish and seems to want his teammates to score moreso than scoring himself.

But, I don't think you can say someone has a great BB IQ when they try a behind the back pass from the wing to the top of the key in the middle of a half court set. A large part of a BB IQ is the right play at the right time. I think it's fair to say Jackson gets sloppy with some of his passes right now. It's surely correctable but he is still learning what can be done at the high D1 level vice what he got away with in HS.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to split hairs with the whole "Jackson has a great BB IQ" argument.

He has great vision. He sees things before they happen and you can tell his mind is always looking ahead. He is said to be a student of the game. He's also really unselfish and seems to want his teammates to score moreso than scoring himself.

But, I don't think you can say someone has a great BB IQ when they try a behind the back pass from the wing to the top of the key in the middle of a half court set. A large part of a BB IQ is the right play at the right time. I think it's fair to say Jackson gets sloppy with some of his passes right now. It's surely correctable but he is still learning what can be done at the high D1 level vice what he got away with in HS.
I may have this wrong, but I equate BB IQ with solid fundamentals. He is not a good fundamental player. I've listed the reasons why ad nauseum so I won't bring them up again. He does seem to have good anticipation, but instead of making the fundamentally sound play, he always goes for the spectacular. To me, that's a low BB IQ mentality. But maybe I just have that wrong.

Reaction Score

I may have this wrong, but I equate BB IQ with solid fundamentals. He is not a good fundamental player. I've listed the reasons why ad nauseum so I won't bring them up again. He does seem to have good anticipation, but instead of making the fundamentally sound play, he always goes for the spectacular. To me, that's a low BB IQ mentality. But maybe I just have that wrong.
splitting hairs/picking nits....

I think you're both somewhat right, but semantically speaking, he has a high BB IQ, but he still makes some poor decisions.

I think his decision making (like his FG%) will improve with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom