Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
McNeely and Mahaney lol never thought I’d see a UConn back court featuring those two names

And so I imagine this was what Hurley’s tweet about the portal was for
Makes me wonder how often in nationality televised games the announcers will mess up their names.

All I can say is landing both is McAwesome and for some strange reason I have a craving for corned beef and cabbage. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Live look at Rupp rafters
It's a mixed bag. Some are dogging on him, others have just conceded their status relative to us in the college basketball world at this time.
IMG_2324.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is Mahaney a straight 2-guard or combo? If he's not strongly capable to play PG too, it is imperative Hass stays. I said it before and got laughed at, but I think he is as or more important to keep than Karaban (and again, that's no knock on Karaban at all, we just have some people to cover his position, but we would be shallow in the PG role if Hass doesn't return.)
The biggest thing with Hass is his on the ball defense and his microwave jolt of energy. His box scores didn't always reflect it, but sometimes it did, there were times in this past season UConn appeared to be slumbering and then when Hass entered and played more the game turned in UConn's favor.

I really hope UConn keeps Hass.

Reaction Score
BANG

Great there goes the Combo guard most of us coveted and extra ball handler. Now I think we pick up some developmental piece to replace Roumoglou. Definitely out on Brea in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Holy crap lmaoooo. This staff is on fire!!

Get Brea too and we are gonna be so unbelievably stacked. Karaban coming back and we are doooommmeed
I just don't see us getting Brea at this point. It will be a more developmental piece I think to replace Roumoglou.

Reaction Score
Close one, definitely thought Virginia had a shot there
I am not knocking Aiden at all. I am absolutely thrilled he has chosen UConn and welcome him aboard. And I want to be sensitive to Tony Bennett and Virginia on some level, well, just because I like Tony and some of Virginia's past players.

My rhetorical question is, if you are a very good to great offensive player how would Virginia have any appeal to you? That's like being a talented race car driver like Jeff Gordon and considering a Yugo when you can choose a Corvette, a Ferrari, a Lamborghini (spelling), or a Dodge Viper.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley and his staff unquestionably have the winning formula. This signing speaks volume with regard to how much respect UConn is getting nationwide. Players throughout the country now know who can bring them to the promise land (NCAA Championship) and possibly to the NBA. Aidan Mahaney was one of the top guards in the portal and his presence on the floor will bring experience and leadership qualities. Aidan welcome to UConn!

Reaction Score
Waiting until it’s official on 5/31
How many 4's that are of the type you wouldn't mind seeing get minutes at UConn sign in May and what is left come June?

These are things the staff has to evaluate against what they believe the chances that Karaban returns (and their knowledge is far better than ours).

Reaction Score
I live right next to the town he grew up in! Wish I caught some of him at SMC. Oh well, 2 years to see him crush it at UConn, I'll take it!
Aidan grew up 3 miles from St. Mary's. The game I remember the most from Aidan was in 2023 in a home game against Gonzaga where he lit them up and St. Mary's won in OT. Gonzaga started doubling him and conceding open shots for the other St. Mary's players because they couldn't stop him.

If I lived near Moraga, I would try like a hell to get tickets when Gonzaga visited. The home crowd was fire that night in 2023 and the atmosphere looked so fun. I always go to a few UConn home games and I make a trip to Providence to see UConn play against them. And there was no way in the world I was going to miss UConn here in Boston for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight. I am hoping UConn can play in the first and second round of the NCAAT in Providence for 2025.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom