Adubs European "vacation" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
18723B06-11C7-4758-B3BC-0B5534AC3A41.jpg

Best targeted advertising I have ever seen.
Just tell trilogy aviation “the boneyard sent me.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I must say, I can't wait for the story to continue. This is certainly more interesting than any UConn football game we're seen since the 2015 season
Oddly though, it kinda has the same feel. Things are bad and even though you’re rooting for the good guys, in your heart you know they’re about to get worse.

Reaction Score
My sister is flying home from London tonight and stopping with us for a few days. She leases airplanes to airways, so she warned me in advance of the refueling worker strike and that her flight might get cancelled.
First delay is in, 3.5 hours. New arrival time, midnight. Let's see where we end up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
First delay is in, 3.5 hours. New arrival time, midnight. Let's see where we end up.
Godspeed to her, dont hold your breath although she might have a punchers chance, BA is better (if only slightly) at getting overseas flights off right now.

Tell her to go spit on Gordon Ramsays place in Terminal 5 in the meantime, it is worst restaurant in world.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Godspeed to her, dont hold your breath although she might have a punchers chance, BA is better (if only slightly) at getting overseas flights off right now.

Tell her to go spit on Gordon Ramsays place in Terminal 5 in the meantime, it is worst restaurant in world.

I have to travel to Europe for work a couple of times in the Fall and will most likely be landing or connecting through Heathrow or Amsterdam. I had been hearing horror stories about Amsterdam over the past few months and was leaning towards using Heathrow. Now, I'm not so sure. I'll probably end up leaving a day earlier just to get one extra day of padding for all these situaitons. Regardless I'll make sure any connection in Europe has 3-4 hours and I'm not connecting on to the last flight of the day.

Bummer about BA and Terminal 5. I've enjoyed that lounge a few times and was never disappointed. BTW, that Terminal 5 Hilton hotel is fantastic if you need a place to crash. Terminal 4 Hilton isn't bad but Terminal 5 is another level of goodness.

Reaction Score

To quote Ted Knight in Caddyshack: "Well? We're waiting."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I must say, I can't wait for the story to continue. This is certainly more interesting than any UConn football game we're seen since the 2015 season.
That’s a low bar to beat!

August_West

Reaction Score
Part 1A Escape from Heathrow.

Did you know you are trapped in Terminal 5 part A if you have a connecting flight that is cancelled?

I've traveled a ton Been in Heathrow at least 25 times in my life even pre T5 and I did not know that.

So to continue my story once the flights were cancelled I knew we could not stay in the airport, my brother in law as mentioned was cancelled 2 days before and they still hadn't given him an alternate flight out of London, so what to do? I needed to get the hell out of that god forsaken place, get into London get my pregnant GF fed and a bed, and make train arrangements for the next morning. Sounds simple enough, right? I thought so, and then ran into two sticking points:

1) we didn't have all of our luggage, it was supposed to be on the cancelled flight to Glasgow.
2) There is no way to leave T5 , and I was told by a random airport worker that BA representative would have to walk us through to arrivals.

Items 1 and 2 are related because you cant get to baggage unless your destination was London.

Obviously getting a BA representative to walk us to london arrivals was a non starter, there was ONE BA employee in the Terminal handling a 5 hour queue of an Angry mob thanks to BA maleficence. So now what?. With the help of an airport guy pushing a mop, he told us to get on the tram that goes to T5 B and C BUT DONT GET OFF THE TRAM, stay on at end of line otherwise you are on the wrong side of the doors, when it returns to T5 and we then have access to the arrival and baggage claim of T5. The only caveat was he said we would go through customs for the 2nd time in a few hours and that "might cause a wee spot of an issue" LOL.

We were desperate. We did it. It worked. They were too busy to flag us, I fully expect to be strip searched coming home (if that ever takes place) .

So now we are in baggage, and just like above in T5 trying to talk to a BA rep, the BA baggage counter is a mob scene (but this time violent, seriously) with people who had their bags missing just because BA has no baggage handlers PLUS the cancelled flights.

We stood in that Mob waiting our turn for like an hour when finally an announcement was made over the intercom saying "all flights that have been cancelled tonight, we have no way to get your bags and no handlers to bring them, they have been brought to a warehouse off Heathrow grounds ** " Please see baggage attendant for alternate accommodations"

So now I know getting the bag is out the window..... screw it, nothing we can do, lets get to the curb and get a taxi its midnight.

Easy right? No.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Someone needs to print this thread i

That's how to do it. Anyone who wants me in a suit between May and September can thoroughly f right off.

I don't like venues that make me feel like an outcast if I belch.

I don't like the weird garter thing.

I don't like old men that I knew when I was in high school trying to talk to me like we're friends. No thanks Mr. Smith, you caught me smoking pot when I was 16. This is weird.

It's even worse if people invite HS teachers to weddings.

And give me a break with the pinterest BS. None of you are original.

Every one of my friends were uber stressed out and hated wedding planning. Half of them are broke from it now. Meanwhile I saved the thousands they spent, still got wedding gifts for some reason.

Can you tell I'm sick of weddings? It has felt NON-STOP from ages 27-31. Been to 10, declined at least a dozen more. It's horrendous. Half these people I barely know. I got guilted for not going to a wedding while I was on a freaking vacation last summer. I literally had a wedding EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND that I wasn't in Greece between June and November.

My wedding had 4 people: me, my wife, the officiant, and her 9 year old daughter for a witness.

You must be fun at parties weddings.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She and her new husband went to Skye ( most remote part of Scotland) first thing Monday morning for a mini honeymoon or it may have already happened. Lucky for her, because Edinburgh right now is littered with the US portion of the wedding who all are stuck there in expensive hotels with Covid and cancelled flights home.

Turns out that she is in bed in skye with Covid and a bad fever. Usually you would have sympathy for that happening to a newlywed, but I don’t think much sympathy is being garnered from the rest of us right now. I’ll say that.
Skye is marvelous. Love it. As for the rest, holy crap. I hope you and the finance recover fully and soon. It's a positive sign that you have maintained a sense of humor. I haven't seen "American tourist goes on a rampage in Stirling" on the new yet. Enjoying the entertainment at the expense of your misery, which seems physical, mental and financial all at once.

August_West

Reaction Score
I
Have
Less than 0
Sympathy for a ruined honeymoon

Educated guess, but living this was probably even worse than it is reading it. I hear 5 guys is great in Edinburgh.
Its therapeutic to get it off your chest. ;-)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I have to travel to Europe for work a couple of times in the Fall and will most likely be landing or connecting through Heathrow or Amsterdam. I had been hearing horror stories about Amsterdam over the past few months and was leaning towards using Heathrow. Now, I'm not so sure. I'll probably end up leaving a day earlier just to get one extra day of padding for all these situaitons. Regardless I'll make sure any connection in Europe has 3-4 hours and I'm not connecting on to the last flight of the day.

Bummer about BA and Terminal 5. I've enjoyed that lounge a few times and was never disappointed. BTW, that Terminal 5 Hilton hotel is fantastic if you need a place to crash. Terminal 4 Hilton isn't bad but Terminal 5 is another level of goodness.
Reading this I'm inclined to think that going to Plymouth and stealing the Mayflower II may be the most reliable transport to Europe.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you are in a sticky wicket. Try clicking your heels together three times and say "Scary Spice" or "Britney Griner" and see what happens.

ps Pharmacy should have a good supply of over the counter codeine products.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Returned a week ago from Rome on what was not a pleasure trip so I feel for anyone who has to endure the travel and weather in Europe right now.

Of greatest importance is the health of the soon to be newest member of your family, followed closely by the health of your bride to be. I'm not overly concerned about you as, considering the reckless (likely drug addled) lifestyle that you assuredly lived in the 1990's I imagine that your body will survive COVID in the same manner that cockroaches will survive a nuclear disaster.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to print this thread i

That's how to do it. Anyone who wants me in a suit between May and September can thoroughly f right off.

I don't like venues that make me feel like an outcast if I belch.

I don't like the weird garter thing.

I don't like old men that I knew when I was in high school trying to talk to me like we're friends. No thanks Mr. Smith, you caught me smoking pot when I was 16. This is weird.

It's even worse if people invite HS teachers to weddings.

And give me a break with the pinterest BS. None of you are original.

Every one of my friends were uber stressed out and hated wedding planning. Half of them are broke from it now. Meanwhile I saved the thousands they spent, still got wedding gifts for some reason.

Can you tell I'm sick of weddings? It has felt NON-STOP from ages 27-31. Been to 10, declined at least a dozen more. It's horrendous. Half these people I barely know. I got guilted for not going to a wedding while I was on a freaking vacation last summer. I literally had a wedding EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND that I wasn't in Greece between June and November.

My wedding had 4 people: me, my wife, the officiant, and her 9 year old daughter for a witness.
I just started skipping them years ago and my friends are guys so they don't care. It amazes me they expect people to spend all this money to go to your wedding. They're usually hellish affairs that involve sitting in a way too hot church and talking to a bunch of people you don't want to talk to. Oh cool, our old English teacher is here and wants to close talk to me for an hour.

One that stuck out was a fancy wedding years ago for my cousin in Soho. She married an absolute dooshbag who always wanted to tell people how much money he makes. At the end of their fancy wedding which he let everyone know how much it costs and that he got JLO's makeup person to do my cousin's makeup all the wedding envelopes went missing and I was accused of stealing from my own cousin's wedding.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Returned a week ago from Rome on what was not a pleasure trip so I feel for anyone who has to endure the travel and weather in Europe right now.

Of greatest importance is the health of the soon to be newest member of your family, followed closely by the health of your bride to be. I'm not overly concerned about you as, considering the reckless (likely drug addled) lifestyle that you assuredly lived in the 1990's I imagine that your body will survive COVID in the same manner that cockroaches will survive a nuclear disaster.
I suspect @August_West is the Keith Richards of his generation. Health of mother and child are paramount.

August_West

Reaction Score
Skye is marvelous. Love it. As for the rest, holy crap. I hope you and the finance recover fully and soon. It's a positive sign that you have maintained a sense of humor. I haven't seen "American tourist goes on a rampage in Stirling" on the new yet. Enjoying the entertainment at the expense of your misery, which seems physical, mental and financial all at once.
So you may appreciate this. I haven’t had a drink since wedding Sunday, just got back from Tesco an hour ago ( UK Walmart/target ) and figured it was time for MY medicine! 17 pounds ( about 19 bucks). I don’t think it is great but the price was right after the money we’ve burned through this week and it’s going down nice! Getting ready for part 2 of this mess!

905AF0DE-D14C-48ED-9CE6-C2A7E73CF1A2.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So you may appreciate this. I haven’t had a drink since wedding Sunday, just got back from Tesco an hour ago ( UK Walmart/target ) and figured it was time for MY medicine! 17 pounds ( about 19 bucks). I don’t think it is great but the price was right after the money we’ve burned through this week and it’s going down nice! Getting ready for part 2 of this mess!

View attachment 77692
Nice! There is good Scotch cheap even in the petrol stations there. Hope your sense of taste and smell are working.

August_West

Reaction Score
Sounds like you are in a sticky wicket. Try clicking your heels together three times and say "Scary Spice" or "Britney Griner" and see what happens.

ps Pharmacy should have a good supply of over the counter codeine products.
What makes you think I don’t know that? :)

Jeez you’d think people on this site would know me by now.

E54205C5-8AF2-4DA3-93BF-ADE322C7BAF3.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
great intel from the janitor!
On a positive note, the dollar is at a near high v pound makes that coffee at caffe nero only 9 dollars
Other than cabs and hotels and gas, you have no idea how cheap things are here now. I ate at some killer places in Edinburgh that were 1/2 the price of US right now. Groceries too. Ridiculously inexpensive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom