Adubs European "vacation" | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
An hour later when dinner is seated she somehow gets out of bed, gives her maid of honor speech, knocks it out of park, and then goes straight back to that room and collapses again and is attended to by a Dr and 2 nurses.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all i've learned here is that ur future mom in law hates her children.
good burger selection tho, so there's that. no freakin kale, arugala, swiss chard, bok choy, none of that. keep up the good work.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So we get in front of rolls just in time and get to castle, so we could all witness the glory of this psycho getting out of the car.

Things are running a little behind so it was time to get to ceremony. Gf is totally out of it but musters up something from somewhere to walk the aisle and hold the train and all that horse crap. Thankfully the ceremony itself was fairly short, and my gf finds out that on upper floor there is a bedroom used for bride to do whatever. She claims the room and promptly collapses on the bed.

Please don’t get distracted by how handsome I am ( it’s hard, I know) or my stunning use of a pocket square, and just notice that in background GF is in a crumpled heap on the bed.

View attachment 77835
Very reflective of you!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Very reflective of you!

I have that pic because my mom texted me during the wedding saying "hows it going? is it beautiful? you take any pictures?" That was my response to her saying "whelp GF is down this wedding sucks"

Reaction Score
So we get in front of rolls just in time and get to castle, so we could all witness the glory of this psycho getting out of the car.

Things are running a little behind so it was time to get to ceremony. Gf is totally out of it but musters up something from somewhere to walk the aisle and hold the train and all that horse crap. Thankfully the ceremony itself was fairly short, and my gf finds out that on upper floor there is a bedroom used for bride to do whatever. She claims the room and promptly collapses on the bed.

Please don’t get distracted by how handsome I am ( it’s hard, I know) or my stunning use of a pocket square, and just notice that in background GF is in a crumpled heap on the bed.

View attachment 77835

I'm sorry. My favorite moment in this whole damn saga is this. Girlfriend pregnant, exhausted, and riddled with Covid, collapsed on bed, and West caring enough about how he looks to take a friggin selfie like he's a 12 year old. What -- did you think you had time to get your photo on Tinder and find a temporary date while your pregnant GF was collapsed in bed?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
.....................So finally she is done with her sister, comes back to our room, is feeling absolutely horrible. Puking and fever and sweats and all that.....

Now its time for our car to the castle which is about 20 miles or so outside of Edinburgh. We get in car with Mother of Bride and step father. Give driver address of castle. He is not familiar with it. The bride and groom had a rolls royce right behind us. Everyone else got on busses that were sent to the 3 different hotels everyone was staying at ( actually more, because of the British Open every hotel room in Ediburgh was booked over a year before this wedding, in fact we went there last summer to book hotels and couldnt find rooms anywhere to reserve for the amount of people we had coming over) . Last year on that trip I said to the prospective bride and her mother "hey maybe you should think about changing the date a week or 2 later so we dont get screwed by the open" did they listen to me? of course not.

But now lets worry about getting to the wedding. In the "you cant make it up" department : 3 minutes into our ride we get stuck in a frickin Chinese parade on princes st! Dont move for 20 minutes. We may not make the wedding on time, and my GF has the sliding door of the van open to puke.

We finally get through the parade and out of Edinburgh and get to the castle, we are cutting the time close but we get there, except we didnt. The driver took us to an alternate entrance of the grounds where there was a locked gate. So he doubled back and found another entrance. Also wrong entrance and locked gate. We are then looking at Waze and Maps ourselves because this driver is a moron. We find where the main entrance is supposed to be and it turns out because of one way one lane tiny streets and everything that we are another 20 minutes away by the time we right ourselves.

Now the mother of the bride is crying because we are supposed to get there BEFORE the bride, as the bride is supposed to be the last one there and make her instagram grand entrance getting out of the Rolls with everyone watching. And we had already lost them during the parade stoppage...............

Isn't the whole point of a rehearsal dinner to avoid situations like this?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah. We were talking about London or Hawaii in October. Too many stories like A Dubs going around. We’ll stay on the east coast where if something goes wrong we can take a train or drive a rental car back. I’d love for live to be back to normal pre-Covid, but pretending it is isn’t going to change the fact that it’s not.

Kid went to Hawaii on Hawaiian Air last week. Went fine…think you’d be okay there.

Reaction Score
She would beat the living hell out of a seal.
What about the thing in your signature that is eating the seals? And maybe your daughter if she swims with them.

1659037137746.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score

View attachment 77835
You clean up well!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry. My favorite moment in this whole damn saga is this. Girlfriend pregnant, exhausted, and riddled with Covid, collapsed on bed, and West caring enough about how he looks to take a friggin selfie like he's a 12 year old. What -- did you think you had time to get your photo on Tinder and find a temporary date while your pregnant GF was collapsed in bed?
Lol, I was thinking to myself nothing could be better than August and his fiancé being dressed for the wedding, driving in a van during a Chinese parade in Scotland while she is vomiting out the door, but you have made a significantly good case for this moment.:D

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I feel as though this is going to end with “so at the reception, the bride gets on the mic and asks everyone to look under their chairs where they will find a manilla envelope”, which included a pic of the groom and one of her bridesmaids taken by a private investigator whom she had hired over a year ago…

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Well, we generally don't recommend it. However, my former partner was a real cowboy about it, used to tell his patients to "take two percocet and a shot of Jack Daniels" for postop pain. :cool:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm gonna get started writing the screenplay for this epic. Would make a hilarious feature film.

BTW, took the family for a European Vacation just about 2 weeks earlier. Also screwed by British Airlines, saved by the train from Marseille to Paris and by EasyJet getting us from Paris to Edinburgh only a day late. EasyJet was, in a word, outstanding for a bargain airline. The French, though ...

And I agree, @August_West, Edinburgh is beautiful. Too bad the wedding and Covid interfered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom