Adubs European "vacation" | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm gonna get started writing the screenplay for this epic. Would make a hilarious feature film.

BTW, took the family for a European Vacation just about 2 weeks earlier. Also screwed by British Airlines, saved by the train from Marseille to Paris and by EasyJet getting us from Paris to Edinburgh only a day late. EasyJet was, in a word, outstanding for a bargain airline. The French, though ...

And I agree, @August_West, Edinburgh is beautiful. Too bad the wedding and Covid interfered.

In the screenplay I hope there is a point where the pregnant GF pukes on the bride and groom wearing their tuxedo and wedding dress.

Or at least she does it on the wedding dress when the bridal party is getting the hair and makeup treatment. And ADub is tasked with finding a dry cleaner but can’t find a single one because they are all closed. And of course he only learns why when they get blocked by the Chinese parade.

Reaction Score
I still tell the story of swimming out after some dolphins at Hunting Island state park in SC (where they filmed Apocalypse Now jungle scenes). They zig zagged out and I kept swimming after them. Found myself maybe 120-150 yards offshore when I turned around. Nearly pooped myself and headed for the beach. But I use it to show how stupid people in their 20s can be.

Odds of an attack are low, even on the ocean side, but we will get another one eventually.

The first time I went water skiing it was off of Skidaway Island in GA and I was amazed that dolphins would swim right up to me while I was treading water. It was incredible, they were close enough to touch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The first time I went water skiing it was off of Skidaway Island in GA and I was amazed that dolphins would swim right up to me while I was treading water. It was incredible, they were close enough to touch.
Yeah they were maybe 8-10 feet away and I just got lost trying to get closer. I learned to waterski at Coventry lake like a sane person. I wonder if my knees coils survive it now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So that's it. Sucked us all into reading this story of sorry travel and then left us all hanging.
To be clear, we are now ten days out from the initial post, which was then nine days into this story, and August is already home, yet we still don’t even have the wedding story.

SMH

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s like UConn recruiting. Wait, try to interpret a tweet, wait some more, and maybe joy follows.

Adub is probably 3/4 comatose (not sure on what) thinking, “WTF happened the last 10-14 days”.

Or perhaps his 7/8 month GF is saying
WTF.

“Is it me or the stupid BY that you care about?”

I think screen writers could work with that. Fast forward an Adub dream to tell the ending.

Ok I’m drunk and going to bed.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Is it me or the stupid BY that you care about?”

seth-rogen.png

“ Baby, don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the answer to.”

[Mimes a mic drop]

Reaction Score
He hasn't even mentioned the funniest part of the story yet.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
been working hard on the title track music vid.
opening scene, a plane begins its descent into hedgerow airport, then our man bursts onto the stage, boombox in hand. camera cuts to the part where the cops drag him out of the re-rented hotel room, then he says 'what's that sound?'
Crap-is-tan!
Crapistan, oh,ohh,ohh,ohh,ohh,oh.
Crap-is-tan!

as he tells the local lowlifes to back off from hitting on his girl, cuz she's going home with him.
see? it's a love story, and not a travel one. hmmm, a romance tale .... gotta find a spot for 'love in an elevator.' i hope aerosmith is available.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dear AW: I beg you, finish the story if for no other reason so that rational posters don't have to keep checking on whether you did and be subjected to Spliffy's unintelligible rantings. You owe us at least that for being a good audience.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Dear AW: I beg you, finish the story if for no other reason so that rational posters don't have to keep checking on whether you did and be subjected to Spliffy's unintelligible rantings. You owe us at least that for being a good audience.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What will drop first - the end of this story or The Winds of Winter?
I’m no GRR

Wanted to get back to this. But get this. I tested positive for Covid yesterday morning! How long has this thread been? We are talking a few weeks. How am I still positive?! Why does my throat feel like razor blades 17 days later?! I (thought I) was just tired and then jetlagged when I got home.

I’m out of work again and it’s not a good time for that

I hate my sisterinlaw and yesterday she is bragging how her wedding pics are viral as “wedding of the summer” and have been picked up by news outlets.

Yeah her wedding went viral

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m no GRR

Wanted to get back to this. But get this. I tested positive for Covid yesterday morning! How long has this thread been? We are talking a few weeks. How am I still positive?! Why does my throat feel like razor blades. 17 days later?! I (thought I) was just tired and then jetlagged when I got home.

I hate my sisterinlaw and yesterday she is bragging how her wedding pics are viral as “wedding of the summer” and have been picked up by news outlets.

You and Joe B both with the bounce back 'rona. It happens.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m no GRR

Wanted to get back to this. But get this. I tested positive for Covid yesterday morning! How long has this thread been? We are talking a few weeks. How am I still positive?! Why does my throat feel like razor blades 17 days later?! I (thought I) was just tired and then jetlagged when I got home.

I’m out if work again and it’s not a good time for that

Yeah here wedding went viral
Did you take Paxlovid?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm heading over to Europe in several weeks for a work trip. My co-worker and I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with travel agency going over all the possible airports and contingencies. We settled on a flight in to Amsterdam and one more connection via KLM from there. And that was making sure we had 6 hours in that airport. No leaving the secure area. I will do everything possible to fit all my stuff in to a carry on and personal bag to avoid checking luggage.

Agent had one itinerary which would have put us in to Heathrow flying American. We then needed a separately booked ticket through Scandanavian Air (SAS) meaning we would have had to Land at London, grab luggage, go through immigration re-check our luggage via SAS and then go through airport screening again to get to the gate. I was thinking of this thread and immediately put the squash on that plan.

Regardless we know we may be screwed no matter what choice we took.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm heading over to Europe in several weeks for a work trip. My co-worker and I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with travel agency going over all the possible airports and contingencies. We settled on a flight in to Amsterdam and one more connection via KLM from there. And that was making sure we had 6 hours in that airport. No leaving the secure area. I will do everything possible to fit all my stuff in to a carry on and personal bag to avoid checking luggage.

Agent had one itinerary which would have put us in to Heathrow flying American. We then needed a separately booked ticket through Scandanavian Air (SAS) meaning we would have had to Land at London, grab luggage, go through immigration re-check our luggage via SAS and then go through airport screening again to get to the gate. I was thinking of this thread and immediately put the squash on that plan.

Regardless we know we may be screwed no matter what choice we took.
I forgot to mention that Heathrow has asked all carriers to cancel outgoing flights for remainder of summer lol.

August_West

Reaction Score
Did you ever test negative after your positive test?
No. But I only tested twice in UK. Figured time was on my side

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. But I only tested twice in UK. Figured time was on my side
Didn’t you need a negative to fly home?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99