2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit)

Reaction Score
The SAT/ACT waiver wouldn't apply for Sanogo. All the schools doing it are for Fall 2021 applicants

Reaction Score
The SAT/ACT waiver wouldn't apply for Sanogo. All the schools doing it are for Fall 2021 applicants

That makes way more sense. Seniors don’t normally take it during the spring of their senior year.

Reaction Score
I am saying they have different rules for their pet schools and we are not one of their favorites
I agree with you but I don’t think much will be done about any of these virtual visits

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, Chief isn’t agreeing with the premise “any live body will do”, I think we are targeting the right guys and will get a good player.
I hope ur right but my point is if the short list dries up, let’s not waste a spot just to fill a spot, let’s wait and see what the future holds

C

Chief00

If they waive the SAT requirements for one year, a bunch of guys would probably try to reclass for that year.

Reaction Score
Well, we all know what he meant. Bouknight wasn't a 5 star top 25 recruit.

Neither is Sanogo, and whether or not we get him, people will be saying "sooner or later Hurley is going to reel in a big one" about the next guy.

Reaction Score
First 25 years of college coaching was 1972-1997. Travis Knight and Jake Voskuhl were barely in the top 100; Jake arrived in 1996. Cliff Robinson and Chuck Aleksinas were recruited by Dom Perno. The others were forwards.

And Andrew Bynum.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Bynum is still only 32. Averaged 18 ppg in 2011 and only played in 26 more games after that. Such a strange career.

Bowling ended his career...that’s pretty amazing story wise, and sad in every other way.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Seton Hall fans are confident in landing Luther Muhammad. How many scholarships do they have open?

Reaction Score
That’s not great news. I can’t see those tests being offered again until the fall, or maybe in August. I wonder if the NCAA would consider helping students in this situation by waiving whatever SAT or ACT requirement...lol never mind we’re talking about the NCAA here.

You would have to waive it for every incoming student in the entire country and schools base admissions on those tests

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jake was a heck of a teammate. Set some great screens, banged inside and was a good post defender. He carved himself out a nice NBA career doing these things. Travis and Jake were both great guys.
And great outlet passes. We don't look like "UConn basketeball" without them.

C

Chief00

And great outlet passes. We don't look like "UConn basketeball" without them.
Excellent point. I wish today’s players and coaches would get back to that running opportunist mentality. I was fortunate enough to watch practices where Jim would have the guys practice nothing but full court fast breaks for 15 minutes both off rebounds and inbounds after made shots in the finest Celtics tradition.

Reaction Score

At UCONN, Sanogo would be playing for NJ high school legend Danny Hurley as the Huskies transition to their first year of Big East play. UCONN ended the season strongly in Hurley's second year at the helm, as they posted a winning record overall and in conference. On the court, Sanogo would compete for playing time with seniors Josh Carlton and Isaiah Whaley in an up-tempo system. The injury to Akok Akok, the highly-recruited 6'9 freshman who was one of the top shot blockers in the country before tearing his Achilles, might give Sanogo an opportunity to play early on.

It’s actually spelled UConn.

His conclusion:

Overall
Sanogo is a very talented player, and his decision on whether or not to reclassify into the Class of 2020 drastically affects his fit at the collegiate level. If Sanogo decides to bring his 6'10 frame and fluid skillset to a college campus this upcoming season, plenty of teams would be able to offer him immediate playing time. Based solely on fit, I think Sanogo projects favorably at Nebraska, Maryland, and Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Based solely on fit, I think Sanogo projects favorably at Nebraska, Maryland, and Seton Hall.
mamukelashvili + obiagu > carlton + brown = more PT at UConn than Hall.
whaley would play a lot of PF if we got sanogo

maryland worries me a lot more than nebraska for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr