2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not saying he isn’t a Hall lean but If he loved Seton Hall so much he wouldn’t be doing all these virtual tours, one of these national recruiting insiders would have indicated he’s heading there by now.

Reaction Score
Just read on a Seton Hall site that Sanogo needs to take the SAT of the ACT in order to reclassify
and neither is being given this spring because of the virus.

Reaction Score
Just read on a Seton Hall site that Sanogo needs to take the SAT of the ACT in order to reclassify

That’s not great news. I can’t see those tests being offered again until the fall, or maybe in August. I wonder if the NCAA would consider helping students in this situation by waiving whatever SAT or ACT requirement...lol never mind we’re talking about the NCAA here.

Reaction Score
That’s not great news. I can’t see those tests being offered again until the fall, or maybe in August.
SAT tentatively rescheduled for first week of june
ACT rescheduled for june 13th

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For virtual visits yes, what r u trying to say if we get too creative in our virtual visit the ncaa is going to come after us?
I am saying they have different rules for their pet schools and we are not one of their favorites

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun couldn't get big men for about his first 25 years, then with the 1999 championship and Emeka Okafor turning from a #100 recruit into a lottery pick, the floodgates opened and we had a decade of great bigs.

Hurley will get us there too, but he needs that first NBA big man to build his credentials.
First 25 years of coaching or at UConn? If at UConn=1986 thru 2011 so I dont get that
pre 1999 = Jake, K Free, , Travis, Nadav, Donny M, Uncle Cliffy, Chuck A

Reaction Score
SAT tentatively rescheduled for first week of june
ACT rescheduled for june 13th

Unfortunately, I think there is little to no chance that either of those occur. I'm particularly skeptical about the Northeast, where COVID-19 has hit hard and states are likely to be extra cautious about re-opening.

Reaction Score
That’s not great news. I can’t see those tests being offered again until the fall, or maybe in August. I wonder if the NCAA would consider helping students in this situation by waiving whatever SAT or ACT requirement...lol never mind we’re talking about the NCAA here.

june

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I think there is little to no chance that either of those occur. I'm particularly skeptical about the Northeast, where COVID-19 has hit hard and states are likely to be extra cautious about re-opening.

I agree. But I also think there is a way for kids to take the test safely and for the rooms to be set up for such a test with space and protective supplies. hopefully someone starts thinking about the school- aged kids. They have been put last in all of this and are suffering major setbacks in education and other ways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. But I also think there is a way for kids to take the test safely and for the rooms to be set up for such a test with space and protective supplies. hopefully someone starts thinking about the school- aged kids. They have been put last in all of this and are suffering major setbacks in education and other ways.

Send him here to Florida, our rocket-science governor wants to re-open our schools so it must be safe for something as mundane as taking a SAT.

Reaction Score
all schools should waive the standardized testing requirement this year. UC Berkeley and Washington already have. Would the NCAA be able to declare a player academically ineligible for not taking the SAT/ACT if the schools dont require it?

i live in seattle and it looks like the stay at home order will end come May. i thought the objective here was flattening the curve, which even NYC looks to have started doing. once that happens we need to get back to business. it's inevitable people are going to keep getting sick until theres a vaccine, it's just a matter of not overwhelming the health care system.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
First 25 years of coaching or at UConn? If at UConn=1986 thru 2011 so I dont get that
pre 1999 = Jake, K Free, , Travis, Nadav, Donny M, Uncle Cliffy, Chuck A

First 25 years of college coaching was 1972-1997. Travis Knight and Jake Voskuhl were barely in the top 100; Jake arrived in 1996. Cliff Robinson and Chuck Aleksinas were recruited by Dom Perno. The others were forwards.

Reaction Score
Send him here to Florida, our rocket-science governor wants to re-open our schools so it must be safe for something as mundane as taking a SAT.

lol yeah that guy is an idiot

Reaction Score
all schools should waive the standardized testing requirement this year. UC Berkeley and Washington already have. Would the NCAA be able to declare a player academically ineligible for not taking the SAT/ACT if the schools dont require it?

i live in seattle and it looks like the stay at home order will end come May. i thought the objective here was flattening the curve, which even NYC looks to have started doing. once that happens we need to get back to business. it's inevitable people are going to keep getting sick until theres a vaccine, it's just a matter of not overwhelming the health care system.

NYC schools are likely done for the year. CT schools are done until at least May 20 I think, and probably for the year. I would imagine NJ would do something similar to those states. I don't think schools would bring staff in just for a handful of kids to take the SAT. And the spring SAT test are typically for juniors, not seniors, so there is less urgency for most students. Maybe it would be different at a private school.

UConn has already sent out acceptance letters, so waiving the SAT requirement would pretty much be the Adama Sanogo rule. I'm not sure how the NCAA would look at that. Of course, if his high school grades are good enough, that could be a different story. Maybe somebody here knows more about clearinghouse and eligibility than I do.

Reaction Score
First 25 years of college coaching was 1972-1997. Travis Knight and Jake Voskuhl were barely in the top 100; Jake arrived in 1996. Cliff Robinson and Chuck Aleksinas were recruited by Dom Perno. The others were forwards.
Not that it has much to do with anything but I don't think that's true about Knight and Voskuhl. Back then the only high school rankings I had were All Star Reports. I just threw them all away a couple years ago. Knight was ranked around 40 and Voskuhl I don't think was even in the top 200. FWIW.

Reaction Score
Not that it has much to do with anything but I don't think that's true about Knight and Voskuhl. Back then the only high school rankings I had were All Star Reports. I just threw them all away a couple years ago. Knight was ranked around 40 and Voskuhl I don't think was even in the top 200. FWIW.
Together, they made 35 mil in the Nba. Tell sanogo that.

pj

Reaction Score

Travis Knight was not in Hoop Scoop's top 100 for 1992: hot. I believe I remember one service having him at #72 and others unranked.

Jake I was being generous about, I don't believe he was in any top 100 but I believe he was on the national radar and not far off it. His team mate Mike Leblanc got into at least one top 100.

Supporting my point about Calhoun not being able to recruit highly ranked centers before Emeka: a 2000 Courant article notes of the outside-the-top-100 Voskuhl that "When he arrived at UConn, he was considered the best pure center coach Jim Calhoun had signed for the Huskies" (JAKE VOSKUHL).

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Travis Knight was not in Hoop Scoop's top 100 for 1992: hot. I believe I remember one service having him at #72 and others unranked.

Jake I was being generous about, I don't believe he was in any top 100 but I believe he was on the national radar and not far off it. His team mate Mike Leblanc got into at least one top 100.

Supporting my point about Calhoun not being able to recruit highly ranked centers before Emeka: a 2000 Courant article notes of the outside-the-top-100 Voskuhl that "When he arrived at UConn, he was considered the best pure center coach Jim Calhoun had signed for the Huskies" (JAKE VOSKUHL).
Jake was a heck of a teammate. Set some great screens, banged inside and was a good post defender. He carved himself out a nice NBA career doing these things. Travis and Jake were both great guys.

Reaction Score

This is great time to just get rid of both those exams. How are they still a thing?

Reaction Score
This is great time to just get rid of both those exams. How are they still a thing?

There is a decent correlation between SAT scores and college performance. They're also an objective measure that helps colleges make informed decisions about which students to admit. Teachers and schools can have different grading policies and levels of rigor; letters of recommendation can be based more on personality than ability; college essays can be heavily edited or influenced; and well-off students might have more opportunities for extracurricular activities and volunteer work than others. But unless you have someone flat out take the SAT for you (which obviously happened), you can't fake your way through the SAT. And in states where the SAT or ACT were given to all high school students, a higher percentage of low-income or first-generation college students applied to and attended college.

Reaction Score
i'm not saying schools should waive the testing requirement so a couple bball players can reclass. that certainly wasnt the rationale for the schools that have already waived it. but i also dont see why the players shouldnt be able to benefit from it. for what it's worth testing centers dont always have to be at schools either

If a school decided to waive the SAT requirement for all students, then yes, I think it should apply to athletes in good academic standing. I agree 100%. I was just saying that UConn didn't waive any requirements due to COVID-19, and they won't because it is too late for a regular student to apply for next fall.

I've never heard of a testing center be a place other than a school. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't even know if Sanogo really has to take the SAT, so the whole discussion might be for naught.

Reaction Score
I guess I shouldn't have thrown those All Star Reports away. But my memory is still good. ;)

To land a player such as Knight, ranked 38th in analyst Bob Gibbons' preseason poll of the nation's high school seniors, is impressive considering Knight's background.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom