Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only concern would be outside of castle our young guys aren’t going to play

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think they have to understand the situation. Anyone who hasn’t contributed to this team doesn’t get the same playing time expectations during a title defense. It’s obviously unique and difficult for them, but the staff will have to make them understand.

Reaction Score
It will be an interesting problem to have. I wonder if the Sunoco Gas NIL for Sanogo has come into play for him staying another year to work on his outside shot and mobility?

Reaction Score
I understand this point. But the culture is strong. Everything will be earned

Reaction Score
It’s so crazy to think guys like Knight and Voskuhl had 7 and 11 year NBA careers and Adama will likely not play in the NBA.
The NBA makes no sense. What are they even looking for these days because apparently a 7’ Kyle Filippowski who averages 15/9 per game isn’t even a first round pick. Like what?? But yet a couple years ago Chet Holmgren went #2 overall. I don’t get it

Reaction Score
Imagine another season of Chief complaining about not playing two bigs together. Or about the high hedge. He’s been very silent since we proved we were the best team in the country

Reaction Score
If NIL can beat a European professional salary there is a chance he stays. Playing in Europe would actually be closer to home, so there is the family connection. I don't think he would stay in the US for a G-league salary and hope for an NBA opportunity. He would have to know that he would get drafted and have a decent shot at at least a 2-way contract.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s the best offensive big we’ve ever had in Storrs. I think he should strike while the iron is hot as far as his professional career goes while he has the shine of a National Championship and MOP.

Another year to play a new position is just too risky.

Reaction Score
I think they have to understand the situation. Anyone who hasn’t contributed to this team doesn’t get the same playing time expectations during a title defense. It’s obviously unique and difficult for them, but the staff will have to make them understand.
Some recent Kentucky teams have had players without significant playing time like Bledsoe, and I think Quickley, and both have had fine NBA careers as have others who I don't recall.

I assume they are not now regretting the less than optimal PT they had while at Kentucky.

Stud players want the competition at practice and playing for a national contender, so I think the younger players will understand the situation.

I am sure the staff will explain it in advance.

Reaction Score
If NIL can beat a European professional salary there is a chance he stays. Playing in Europe would actually be closer to home, so there is the family connection. I don't think he would stay in the US for a G-league salary and hope for an NBA opportunity. He would have to know that he would get drafted and have a decent shot at at least a 2-way contract.

I don't know exactly how much guys are making in the better leagues like ACB, but there are plenty of good players making over a million and even bench players making 300k. Plus only a 7ish hour plane ride to home instead of a 24 hour trip? That's gotta be a big incentive.

Reaction Score
Sanogo, AJAX, Newton, Alleyne? Yikes. I mean what about our new recruits thinking they are getting in there? Sanogo would be a 4 and between now and the fall he would work to get what he needs done for the NBA offense wise but he then has to be on the floor with Clingan which…. Makes me happy if for no other reason than to see the glazed looks on our opponents faces.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AS and DH have to get AS a mid range game and better handle if he comes back. He can't go into the NBA without either at his size. He needs to be quicker on his feet and think he can do so without losing 20 lbs.
That's why going in this year's draft will be speculative for him - all due respect to Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom