Adama 50/50 on coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Safety Security GIF by Drawify

Reaction Score
If adama comes back he is going to spend time playing the 4 as well.

The guy has expanded his skill set every year he has been here. He can continue to do that.

He plays 10-15 minutes at the 4 and both him and Donovan get 25 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
You think Hurley is putting Jackson on the bench? My guess is either Newton or Castle comes off the bench, probably the latter. But per usual everyone is going to have to earn it first.
Can’t speculate. But that may not be an issue. Hurley knows what’s going on with these guys

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If he stays it is to work on parts of his game that need attention. I posted my thoughts on this a few days ago. I believe he can improve his draft stock by playing a bit lighter maybe 230 or 225. That’s 20lbs. It will make him quicker and if he gains half a step he becomes an adequate defender of a stretch four. Example could he stay in front of Julius randle, I think he could guard him. He also needs to develop a true jump shot. And again this is not a normal person we are talking about here. So I expect he will do that. That’s all I am going to say on this topic until he decides. I appreciate him too much and only hope is that he makes the right choice for Adama long term. He is this generations Okafor. Everything we embody in a program. He is already on the Mt Rushmore of UConn.

Reaction Score
People can't envision them on the court together because they were never on the court together this season. If Adama wants to come back you absolutely make it work. They would be two of the best players in the country and all you have to do is design a play style to maximize them together for only part of the game.

If Clingan can hit the 3 and stretch the floor I find it very viable. Reports are that they will let him shoot 3s next season, and from clips I’ve seen he can hit 3s in an open gym (I know that doesn’t mean much).

The most important thing in defense is to be able to protect the rim. Layups/ dunks are the most efficient shot in basketball. 2 great rim protectors in the court at once would be so great for the defense.

Reaction Score
LOL at anyone who thinks Adama coming back would be a reason to panic. It would only make UCONN a HUGE favorite to win it all next year. It would be an embarrassment of riches not seen in the NCAA in a long time. The panic will be coming from the rest of college basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2007 Florida. Horford/Noah
That was a different time tbf. On offense I think it would be alright, but Adama would need to be able to guard 4s which will be tough, but the kid is a worker so I wouldn’t put it past him. If he spends the offseason only working on quickness and outside shooting it could work. His low post offense is already more than refined enough anyways.

Either way, until he decides this is all just ~speculation~

Reaction Score
I love Adama and just want what is best for the young man. We have to trust that Coach Hurley is getting him the best advice and input available. Adama has earned the right to do what is in his best interest.

Reaction Score
That was a different time tbf. On offense I think it would be alright, but Adama would need to be able to guard 4s which will be tough, but the kid is a worker so I wouldn’t put it past him. If he spends the offseason only working on quickness and outside shooting it could work. His low post offense is already more than refined enough anyways.

Sanogo is quick and has the strength. Besides, even if he gets beat on ball the guy is being funneled into Donovan Clingan. I do worry about his close outs, but I think it would be fine and the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Reaction Score
I argued vociferously against the two big lineups throughout this season on here but I would sign up for it in a heartbeat if it means Sanogo is back.

If I’m DH I’m telling AS that he’s the starting four next year and his best shot at the league is proving he can stay in front of quicker guys on defense and knock down more threes on offense. Personally I think he’s probably best riding the hot hand into the NBA now but that’s the pitch.

Anyone worried about DC in all of this is a bit nuts. Not like the guy announced his intentions without knowing this was a possibility. He and his family seem like a smart crew.

Reaction Score

I don't see why Adama guarding 4s for 10 minutes per game would be any sort of problem. He moves his feet well and is a good 1 on 1 defender, what he lacks is being a rim protector and Clingan is the best in the country at protecting the rim.

Offensively it would've been a problem if it was freshman and sophomore year Adama but he showed this past season he has a reliable three point shot (low volume but he has the shot) and late in the year he was putting it on the floor and driving from the three point line while also making good passes. His game is expanding.

Reaction Score
I don't see why Adama guarding 4s for 10 minutes per game would be any sort of problem. He moves his feet well and is a good 1 on 1 defender, what he lacks is being a rim protector and Clingan is the best in the country at protecting the rim.

Offensively it would've been a problem if it was freshman and sophomore year Adama but he showed this past season he has a reliable three point shot (low volume but he has the shot) and late in the year he was putting it on the floor and driving from the three point line while also making good passes. His game is expanding.
I’m think about the OMax’s/Kaluma’s of the league/country. Against guys like Freemantle yeah fine. Adama’s foot speed is good, but he isn’t as quick as stretch 4s like them. It’s not a huge issue at all, just something that would need to be worked on if the pieces fell this way.

Reaction Score
For all we know, some of the discussions Hurley and NBA scouts have had with Adama include letting him know that he HAS to be a 4 in the NBA or he can be a 5 in Europe.

Reaction Score
I’m think about the OMax’s/Kaluma’s of the league/country. Against guys like Freemantle yeah fine. Adama’s foot speed is good, but he isn’t as quick as stretch 4s like them. It’s not a huge issue at all, just something that would need to be worked on if the pieces fell this way.
OMax and Kaluma would have trouble defending Sanogo in the post. As Shaq would say "barbecue chicken" for Sanogo

Reaction Score
OMax and Kaluma would have trouble defending Sanogo in the post. As Shaq would say "barbecue chicken" for Sanogo
And that’s why I said on offense we’d be mostly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom