AD David Benedict candidate at ASU for Athletic Director Job | The Boneyard

AD David Benedict candidate at ASU for Athletic Director Job

Reaction Score
UConn does NOT want to be running a search for an AD during a $70m shortfall while all units are slashing by 15%.

Reaction Score
I like AD David Benedict but I don’t think it would be a catastrophic loss for our athletic department. Ship sailed on P4. Now it’s about fan engagement and keeping the head coaches around.

Reaction Score
Do we hate Benedict? I dont think so but i want to be sure before i either cheer for or lament his potential departure.
The positive is that he has brought in talented coaches.

The negatives:
  • he cost the university an extra $3 million in the way he handled Ollie's firing.
  • He screwed over a lot of long time season ticket holders by changing the season ticket model and then changing price tiers 2-3 years after implementing the new model.

I think we'll survive if he leaves as long as the new AD gets Hurley's seal of approval.

Reaction Score
The positive is that he has brought in talented coaches.

The negatives:
  • he cost the university an extra $3 million in the way he handled Ollie's firing.
  • He screwed over a lot of long time season ticket holders by changing the season ticket model and then changing price tiers 2-3 years after implementing the new model.

I think we'll survive if he leaves as long as the new AD gets Hurley's seal of approval.
The KO situation was woefully mishandled, but to be fair to Benedict he was following the advice of outside counsel.

Reaction Score
changing price tiers 2-3 years after implementing the new model.
Calhoun "fired" 2 AD's, Turner and Hathaway. Hurley and Mora will have alot to say should DB leave, especially Hurley.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First in (But not the only one) with the dimwitted take of Geno retires as coach and takes over the AD position.
Also, first in with the they should bring back JC as an interim AD until they can find a longer-term solution.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Do we hate Benedict? I dont think so but i want to be sure before i either cheer for or lament his potential departure.
Here's an easy way to determine if you like or hate Benedict:

Are you happy with our current men's head basketball coach? How you answer that question should be applied to how you feel about Benedict.

For the record, DB put his neck on the line and basically defied the board of trustees to hire Dan Hurley when he did because a) he knew if he didn't act, Hurley would land at Pitt and would be forever out of reach as a coach here and b) he believed Hurley was too good to miss out on and if we wanted to restore the program we needed him.

The noise and embarrassment that followed with Ollie was entirely due to the board's refusal to dismiss Ollie under the terms of his contract and to boot, the board decided to punish the entire athletic department for a few years because they weren't happy that DB would not wait the year for KO's buyout to drop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom