Achonwa has torn ACL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Achonwa has torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Next woman up, then. Natalie will have to help from the bench.

Reaction Score
I'm so sorry for Natalie Achonwa, who is a warrior and who I have a lot of respect for. She deserved to play for the NC and it sucks that she won't get to.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Terrible news for Natalie and I feel horrible for her. On the cusp of the F4, potentially a matchup up with two teams undefeated. However....
If Louisville wins tonight, the game with ND just got a whole lot more interesting. (actually, regardless of who wins tonight, that game just got a lot more interesting.)

Reaction Score
God Bless You Natalie.... So sorry..... nobody deserves this...... no crocodile tears here...... i think we have had the same happen at tournament time with Shea Ralph and Nykesha.... it is cruel from team point of view and personally also.....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
this is true but she also got the ACL from the last 5-7 minutes of the championship game not 2 games prior.
And it hadn't actually been diagnosed. Big difference! Jessica came out got a little ice and went right back in.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if she's our arch enemy. She was having a fantastic year and was enjoying every single moment of her senior season. Godspeed and good health to her moving forward

Reaction Score
Last night Jewell Loyd had the best individual performance I've seen all year. She reminded me of Jordan or Derrick Rose.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry for Natalie Achonwa, who is a warrior and who I have a lot of respect for. She deserved to play for the NC and it sucks that she won't get to.

+1

Reaction Score
"It was a really hard foul"..Really, Muffett? What game were you watching? Sometimes sh@%tuff just happens. Stop trying to blame Baylor. I lose more and more respect for her every year. It's a bad combination; arrogance and excuses...

To be fair, seeing it in real time it looked a lot worse (harder) than it did on replay and the angle McGraw would have been viewing the play from would have been directly through the Baylor player from behind. My wife was only glancing at the game on and off but saw that play as it unfolded and said "That was dirty" as it took place. Once the replay was shown, it was obvious there was little contact and the knee going was what made it look like a hard foul..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bummer. Although not the same player maybe Reimer can step up. They'll have a tough Semi now to get to the NC game. Tougher, it was probably always going to be tough.

Reaction Score
Well, they are the best equipped to deal with it since they have the best bench in the country.
I'm not sure how to take your remark. I'm inclined to think it's meant to be facetious because Muffett is always talking about her "best bench in the country".

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how to take your remark. I'm inclined to think it's meant to be facetious because Muffett is always talking about her "best bench in the country".
Gee, ya think?

Wow.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Achonwa will miss the remainder of the 2013-14 women’s basketball season after injuring her left knee Monday night in the second half of Notre Dame’s 88-69 win over No. 5/6 Baylor in the NCAA Notre Dame Regional final (Elite Eight) at Purcell Pavilion.

Achonwa suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in her left knee, with that diagnosis confirmed by team orthopedist Dr. Michael Yergler after Achonwa underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam on Tuesday morning. She will undergo surgery to repair the injury at a later date, and her rehabilitation timetable has not yet been established."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
this is true but she also got the ACL from the last 5-7 minutes of the championship game not 2 games prior.
My point was simply that yes you can walk on it, in fact, Jessica played on it in finishing the NC game. People were questioning whether it was a ACL because she walked off the court under her own power without assistance. At no point was I suggesting she could continue to play on it.

Last edited:

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
All of us should be ardently wishing for a good outcome for her and that she'll be 100% a week from now....not only because seeing any player, and especially a great player, go down with injury is a shame, but it would be a terrible thing to miss out on a possible dream scenario: the two best programs in the country (no use in arguing that), the two best, and best-coached teams in the country, both undefeated, both at full-strength, going mano-a-mano for a national title....wow! What a prospect for women's basketball and for fan interest! I'd hate to see either team have an "excuse" for losing other than that they were outplayed by their arch-rival between the lines. Heal quickly Natalie...we need you at your best!

Oh, you must mean like us losing KML for 12 games this season and us losing Morgan Tuck for the year...and having to play with a short bench...but heck, we never used that as an excuse now did we?

Reaction Score
Oh, you must mean like us losing KML for 12 games this season and us losing Morgan Tuck for the year...and having to play with a short bench...but heck, we never used that as an excuse now did we?
That DiMauro guy is looking smarter and smarter all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom