ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another team or two show up on the list before all is said and done.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Like Dave Chapelle / Rick James used to say, Cocaine is a hell of a drug :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Is it possible to dislike my own post ??

I don’t see Duke finishing that low, I think they’ll be the surprise of the conference.

I also don’t think VPI will finish #2, if ND and NC State players remain healthy they will finish higher.
I also believe UNC will beat them.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I am not completely sold on Louisville. Making up for Smith, Hall, and Engstler's production on both ends of the court is going to be tough. I know they bring in transfers Carr and Jones, but Engstler seemed like the glue player for them. Hailey Van Lith and Cochran are going to need to make major jumps IMO. No doubt they are a top 15 team and top 5 in the ACC, I just don't see them winning the ACC with the depth of teams they have in the conference. Walz is an excellent coach and he certainly can prove me wrong though.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Duke finishing that low, I think they’ll be the surprise of the conference.

I also don’t think VPI will finish #2, if ND and NC State players remain healthy they will finish higher.
I also believe UNC will beat them.
I feel like 1-5 are one tier and 6-10 are almost another tier. But like the gap between each team in each tier is relatively small. If someone said Louisville would finish 5 and UNC would finish first I wouldn't be surprised. I guess I would be surprised if Miami finished 10th but I wouldn't be if Syracuse finished 6 or 7. Although I don't see it with NC State but I know a lot of people are high on them. On the flip side I could see Duke sliding up if they are healthy and they get big time contributions from their freshman.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel like 1-5 are one tier and 6-10 are almost another tier. But like the gap between each team in each tier is relatively small. If someone said Louisville would finish 5 and UNC would finish first I wouldn't be surprised. I guess I would be surprised if Miami finished 10th but I wouldn't be if Syracuse finished 6 or 7. Although I don't see it with NC State but I know a lot of people are high on them. On the flip side I could see Duke sliding up if they are healthy and they get big time contributions from their freshman.

What am I missing concerning rhat school in chapel hill that everyone else seems so high on? There are definitely five, possibly six schools that i think are better than them in the conference.

As far as Duke, the additions of Richardson, Brown, and Corosdale alone will make us a better team. The freshman will greatly enhance our depth if they perform as expected. Ill get me first look at them Saturday.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I am not completely sold on Louisville. Making up for Smith, Hall, and Engstler's production on both ends of the court is going to be tough. I know they bring in transfers Carr and Jones, but Engstler seemed like the glue player for them. Hailey Van Lith and Cochran are going to need to make major jumps IMO. No doubt they are a top 15 team and top 5 in the ACC, I just don't see them winning the ACC with the depth of teams they have in the conference. Walz is an excellent coach and he certainly can prove me wrong though.
Carr wasn't close to being the best player on Syracuse offensively or defensively.
Hyman was by far the best player, and Fair coming in is a much better player then Carr.

Reaction Score
What am I missing concerning rhat school in chapel hill that everyone else seems so high on? There are definitely five, possibly six schools that i think are better than them in the conference.
For me it’s a combination of the returning players, Banghart, and giving South Carolina their toughest test in last years NCAA tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For me it’s a combination of the returning players, Banghart, and giving South Carolina their toughest test in last years NCAA tournament.

I was curious as to something so I looked it up. Deja Kelly gets a ton of hype, a ton. If you look at last year's statistics other than FT %, they really aren't much better than Day-Wilson's of Duke. I think Duke has better depth and I like the blue devil roster overall better than the tar heels.

Banghart is a good coach, has their program on the rise, but she's won as many games in the ACC tournament as my neighbor's pet bulldog.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
but she's won as many games in the ACC tournament as my neighbor's pet bulldog.
Is that really the measuring stick? More important than regular season conference wins, or NCAA Tourney performance? I think some coaches, both mens and womens, just don't give a hoot about their conference tourneys and probably don't really mind losing early, so they can start preparing sooner for the Big Dance (assuming they are safely in already).

edit--and this is not meant as an attack on any other coach

Reaction Score

As far as Duke, the additions of Richardson, Brown, and Corosdale alone will make us a better team. The freshman will greatly enhance our depth if they perform as expected. Ill get me first look at them Saturday.

I'm just high on Paulina Paris and Utsby tbh. I also thought Teonni Key would be really good. They were really high on her last year. But given she didn't take part in the open scrimmage last week, I'm not sure if she'll be ready for the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm just high on Paulina Paris and Utsby tbh. I also thought Teonni Key would be really good. They were really high on her last year. But given she didn't take part in the open scrimmage last week, I'm not sure if she'll be ready for the season.

Utsby is a good player... the best player on their team in my opinion. No idea who Paulina Paris is.

Reaction Score

I was curious as to something so I looked it up. Deja Kelly gets a ton of hype, a ton. If you look at last year's statistics other than FT %, they really aren't much better than Day-Wilson's of Duke. I think Duke has better depth and I like the blue devil roster overall better than the tar heels.

Banghart is a good coach, has their program on the rise, but she's won as many games in the ACC tournament as my neighbor's pet bulldog.

The roster returning is gets a boost with Key coming back after her unfortunate ACL injury. She's someone I'm really looking forward to seeing play this season.

It's said she's better than her sister Tamari because she's more agile. For as good as the freshman class coming in last season was, she could have been a difference maker for the squad in my opinion.

With respect to depth, and Triad you know me, but UNC's depth could be as good as Duke's even with all of their transfers. Adding Paris, a guard from NJ will be fun to watch. She could surprise you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom