#5 South Carolina @ #10 Kentucky - 1/10/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#5 South Carolina @ #10 Kentucky - 1/10/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wanna beat South Carolina? Put us on the free throw line the whole game. I'm not joking.

Reaction Score
73-70 SC with 0:24 left, KEN possession out of the timeout.

Reaction Score
That should do it. SC made more plays when it counted. That 15-2 run was the game.

If Kentucky wants to win a game like this other people besides Howard need to hit a few more shots. Howard carried that team as much as she could.

Reaction Score
Henderson and Boston were the difference makers in this game. Henderson needs to work on running a team in the half court offense. She figured out that they couldn’t guard her catching the rebound and racing to the other end for 2 or a foul and it turned out well for the gamecocks.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Well played on that last possession, Kentucky. Their schedule at this point is a joke though. Basically they got SC and Tennessee left. Their true colors will be revealed soon!

Reaction Score
I missed her first 2 fouls but watching Boston after she returned I was extremely impressed. I agree that Kentucky didn't offer much against her but she dominated inside, hit a three and followed her jumper miss to the basket for a putback. Too bad she will never win a title. :cool:
The rest of her team was ragged for large portions of the game and the entire time she was on the bench.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Our ghost of a point guard had 22 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists (Yikes, 6 TOs).. but overall not bad offensively for an apparition. The 6 TOs is definitely an anomaly.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Boston is ridiculously good. Between Howard and Boston for NPOY?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If Boston keeps this level of play up like she has the past few games then she's definitely a finalist. Is Stanford's Haley Jones in the conversation? I haven't watched a lot of Stanford but everything I hear is about how much she's improved for the Cardinal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is one of the few games this year where Boston has played like an All-American. Howard has also been very uneven. Let's not jump the gun. Lots of players across the country have had better actual performance so far.

Reaction Score

I'd say that while Boston has had her moments, her stats aren't quite at NPOY level especially in regards to her shooting percentage as a post player.

I'd say the front runners right now are Haley Jones, Rhyne Howard, and even then I have a hard time leaving Caitlin Clark out of that conversation with her monster numbers so far.

Reaction Score
This is one of the few games this year where Boston has played like an All-American. Howard has also been very uneven. Let's not jump the gun. Lots of players across the country have had better actual performance so far.
Imma have to go with Dana Evans at this point in the season. Howard has just started to come on strong and Boston has been inconsistent overall.

Reaction Score
I'd say the front runners right now are Haley Jones, Rhyne Howard, and even then I have a hard time leaving Caitlin Clark out of that conversation with her monster numbers so far.
A freshman has never won. You can still crown her as NFOY though.

Reaction Score
Honestly, you could even throw in players like Naz Hillmon in there. She's quietly averaging 25.7ppg, and 11.6 rpg, all at nearly a 65% clip. Those are NPOY numbers, even if wins against Notre Dame don't mean as much.

Reaction Score
A freshman has never won. You can still crown her as NFOY though.
I didn't say that she'd win, I said that she at least deserves to be in the conversation with the monster season she's having.

Reaction Score
I believe Boston could be among the finalists. Only 9 games into the season, Aliyah adjusting to having 3 bodies on her as soon as she touches the ball. She’s only going to get better.

I‘ve always felt the NPOY is Howard’s to lose and so far she’s giving voters no reasons for them to look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I believe Boston could be among the finalists. Only 9 games into the season, Aliyah adjusting to having 3 bodies on her as soon as she touches the ball. She’s only going to get better.

I‘ve always felt the NPOY is Howard’s to lose and so far she’s giving voters no reasons for them to look elsewhere.

To me, Howard scores and does little else. She doesn't set screens, she doesn't really move without the ball, she doesn't rebound really. I watched that whole second half and if she didn't score, I wouldn't have noticed her.

Kentucky is absurdly bad at stopping dribble penetration and rebounding.

Right now, to me, Haley Jones is National POY and if Paige had played some games against ranked teams and did what she's been doing, she could win it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
To me, Howard scores and does little else. She doesn't set screens, she doesn't really move without the ball, she doesn't rebound really. I watched that whole second half and if she didn't score, I wouldn't have noticed her.

Kentucky is absurdly bad at stopping dribble penetration and rebounding.

Right now, to me, Haley Jones is National POY and if Paige had played some games against ranked teams and did what she's been doing, she could win it.
You just made a good point. Howard always puts up big scoring numbers and it's called a "quiet 20 points, quiet 30 points"... perhaps the reason it always seems like she's having a quiet game is because you don't really see her affecting the game elsewhere.

Reaction Score
SC is still learning how to play together. They will improve although I agree it would be nice for Amihere to come around to help with the offense at the 3/4 slot. I also think we will be able to find a player out of the 4 freshmen coming in to help at that spot next year. Gonna be a lot of fun over the next few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom