5 scholarships available for 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

5 scholarships available for 2019

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
idk that was a pretty innocuous/harmless post, all things considered.

There is something defective about the basketball board the last couple of years. Thee are a lot of posters on this board that just attack other posters rather than have a discussion. It is bad enough when that happens on the Cesspool or with the visiting trolls on the Realignment Board, but this board is for UConn basketball, and it has the biggest problem of any board on the site. Most threads on this board degenerate into personal attacks, and most of those threads degenerate the same way, starting with an attack like inmo1's that comes out of nowhere and whose only purpose is to hijack the thread.

inmo1 knew what he was doing when he made a post that starts with a personal attack and then mischaracterizes what I posted. My 3 options are 1) launch a counterattack, which is clearly what inmo1 wanted, 2) ignore it which will cause inmo1 to make a second, third and maybe even fourth trolling attempt, or 3) call him out on it, which I will go with this time.

The basketball board is by far the worst board on the Boneyard because of this posting dynamic, and there are many posters that do this. Basketball is my favorite sport, and I love talking about it. I don't expect or even want others to agree with me, but can we stop the bs "gotcha" troll-thread-hijacking and just talk basketball?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is something defective about the basketball board the last couple of years. Thee are a lot of posters on this board that just attack other posters rather than have a discussion. It is bad enough when that happens on the Cesspool or with the visiting trolls on the Realignment Board, but this thread is for UConn basketball, and it has the biggest problem of any board on the site. Most threads on this board degenerate into personal attacks, and most of those threads degenerate the same way, starting with an attack like inmo1's that comes out of nowhere and whose only purpose is to hijack the thread.

inmo1 knew what he was doing when he made a post that starts with a personal attack and then mischaracterizes what I posted. My 3 options are 1) launch a counterattack, which is clearly what inmo1 wanted, 2) ignore it which will cause inmo1 to make a second, third and maybe even fourth trolling attempt, or 3) call him out on it, which I will go with this time.

The basketball board is by far the worst board on the Boneyard because of this posting dynamic, and there are many posters that do this. Basketball is my favorite sport, and I love talking about it. I don't expect or even want others to agree with me, but can we stop the bs "gotcha" troll-thread-hijacking and just talk basketball?

Worst part was the spelling.

But here's a more complete response. The word from Gilbert's doctors is that this new surgery should end any recurrence of his shoulder injuries. I understand he will be rusty perhaps, but by the second half of this season, we have every reason to believe that he's a 5 star McD AA PG, with 2.5 seasons of eligibility left. I would not be surprised if his shooting was improved over what he did in HS, given that he had a bad shoulder then. Indeed, Hurley has commented that his shot looks better than he thought it would.

There is no reason to think that Gilbert's minutes will need to managed past say, December this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Worst part was the spelling.

But here's a more complete response. The word from Gilbert's doctors is that this new surgery should end any recurrence of his shoulder injuries. I understand he will be rusty perhaps, but by the second half of this season, we have every reason to believe that he's a 5 star McD AA PG, with 2.5 seasons of eligibility left. I would not be surprised if his shooting was improved over what he did in HS, given that he had a bad shoulder then. Indeed, Hurley has commented that his shot looks better than he thought it would.

There is no reason to think that Gilbert's minutes will need to managed past say, December this year.

I am not questioning Gilbert's skills. I think he has a ton of talent and will be a very good player when he is on the court. I also think that shoulder injuries are generally chronic, and that the risk of injury goes way up with fatigue. I think Hurley would be smart to cap Gilbert at 30 minutes a game. If managing minutes are a good idea for Joel Embiid, then they are a good idea for Gilbert.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am not questioning Gilbert's skills. I think he has a ton of talent and will be a very good player when he is on the court. I also think that shoulder injuries are generally chronic, and that the risk of injury goes way up with fatigue. I think Hurley would be smart to cap Gilbert at 30 minutes a game. If managing minutes are a good idea for Joel Embiid, then they are a good idea for Gilbert.

30 minutes? Fine. We have a backup PG in Brendan Adams on the roster already. He will be a sophomore in the season we are talking about. I don't think adding a transfer PG is critical for 19-20. But in any event, let's see who he brings in. I really think shooting guard is the weakest position on our roster going forward to 2019-20.

Reaction Score
There is something defective about the basketball board the last couple of years. Thee are a lot of posters on this board that just attack other posters rather than have a discussion. It is bad enough when that happens on the Cesspool or with the visiting trolls on the Realignment Board, but this board is for UConn basketball, and it has the biggest problem of any board on the site. Most threads on this board degenerate into personal attacks, and most of those threads degenerate the same way, starting with an attack like inmo1's that comes out of nowhere and whose only purpose is to hijack the thread.

I know what you mean, I have noticed this as well, and I haven't been here very long. Sometimes it seems like facebook. I love basketball, have been a fan of uconn since I was a kid. I live far away from CT now and this is a way for me to stay connected to Uconn BB. I am I guess what they refer to as a casual fan here, but that does not make me stupid just because I am not on the computer 5 hours per day scouring through recruiting sites etc., and I am not interested in getting in a pissing contest with some over grown frat boy keyboard warrior.

Reaction Score
IMG_5815.JPG

"When the cesspool meets the basketball board"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
idk that was a pretty innocuous/harmless post, all things considered.
Not really. One guy makes a sound point with reasons. The follow up was insulting and added nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom