5 scholarships available for 2019 | The Boneyard

5 scholarships available for 2019

Reaction Score
Capture1.PNG

Reaction Score
IMO, this is HUGE. There's a realistic chance that Williams plays the least amount of minutes on this year's roster. Looking forward to exchange his scholarship with a player who can make a difference.

Reaction Score
IMO, this is HUGE. There's a realistic chance that Williams plays the least amount of minutes on this year's roster. Looking forward to exchange his scholarship with a player who can make a difference.
He would have graduated either way. I would rather him have the flexibility of a year of eligibility after his graduation, plus give the kid a chance at a free master's should he want it.

pj

Reaction Score
When it's all said and done I bet we have 6 or 7 open scholarships. I think Hurley is going to completely remake this roster after this year.

I doubt it, Hurley is proud of his history of having only one transfer. I think he genuinely likes kids and wants to help them. We may have a transfer from kids who will lose time to the likes of Achiuwa, Delaire, Cockburn, etc., if they come in. But I don't think it will be Hurley "remaking" the roster. If there are departures, it will be Hurley recruiting new kids and lesser players seeking playing time elsewhere.

But the elite recruiting has to happen first, and players have to play for a year and find their level. No reason to speculate now.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
When it's all said and done I bet we have 6 or 7 open scholarships. I think Hurley is going to completely remake this roster after this year.
I don’t want more than 5 freshman. I doubt there’s more than 6 scholarships anyway barring another horrible year, but if there’s more than 5, we should go grad transfer from there on. Probably would be nice to grab a grad transfer PG regardless, so I wouldn’t mind another open scholarship.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hurley has called Williams a senior in interviews before so this isn’t surprising.

Reaction Score
Williams only played one Juco year as a freshman.
Plus a couple of games after he transferred . I believe he has two years of eligibility left . It took him 3 Juco years to get an AS degree from some colleges more lowly regarded than the CC ‘s in the Phoenix East Valley. Actually Scottsdale,Mesa,and Chandler/ Gilbert are decent and affordable but large
If he gets a BS in two years at UConn his academic transformation would be miraculous. Can anyone say North Carolina
He is the strangest recruit ever at UConn or at least in my memory.
The kid hadn’t played in over 2 years largely do to academics. Thinking of him getting a Mssters from UConn is beyond ironic.

Reaction Score
Williams only played one Juco year as a freshman.
Plus a couple of games after he transferred . I believe he has two years of eligibility left . It took him 3 Juco years to get an AS degree from some colleges more lowly regarded than the CC ‘s in the Phoenix East Valley. Actually Scottsdale,Mesa,and Chandler/ Gilbert are decent and affordable but large
If he gets a BS in two years at UConn his academic transformation would be miraculous. Can anyone say North Carolina
He is the strangest recruit ever at UConn or at least in my memory.
The kid hadn’t played in over 2 years largely do to academics. Thinking of him getting a Mssters from UConn is beyond ironic.

As an elder statesman on the team, Kwintin is getting at the age where that degree is everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit the books harder than ever.

pj

Reaction Score

More likely he grad transfers to study for a Master's elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I guess his academic path to UConn was so complicated that they were unsure when the start of his five year clock was. So he was incorrectly listed as a sophomore last year. they figured it out and now he's a senior.
Thank you for responding/clearing that up. I figured it was something like that.

Reaction Score
Nice kid, but kind of begs the question what was the point of signing a 4-year project with only 2 years of eligibility? With the number of question marks on the roster last year and this year, that scholarship could have been used in a much more useful way.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don't think anybody else wanted the scholarship
4D marketing strategy by Ollie to build brand awareness by bringing in a kid to make dunk videos wearing Uconn gear. Kid was on Sportscenter top 10 again yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom