#5 Oregon St vs #1 Stanford - 3/05/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#5 Oregon St vs #1 Stanford - 3/05/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Completely agree. I thought exactly the same last year about Kiana when I watched her in person at the Pac-12 tournament -- she is Stanford's engine, without doubt, and doesn't get as talked about, both within the conference and nationally, as she should. Reminds me in some ways of a Renee Montgomery, fantastic control of pacing, knows when to speed up or slow down, has a settling effect on her teammates ... basically all that you want in a great PG.

It's amazing what Kiana has managed to accomplish given that she's had a season shortened last year. She's scored the most of any player at Stanford since the departure of Chiney Ogwumike in 2014. Her three point shooting and contributions to Stanford will make her go down as one of the all time greats -- hopefully with a title this year to sign off on a fantastic career!

Reaction Score
Whoa there my fine west coast colleague-you WISH TvO was like Caitlin. I am not sure I would even call her Caitlin-lite...TvO is good but not that good and certainly not the facility and rebounder that CC is. But yeah, other than that, she is like Caitlin.... :confused:

Who is the big her hurt her leg last year-Kennedy Brown? any news on her return?
I heartily agree with DefenseBB on that one. TvO makes Clark look athletic when the two guards' current games are compared. TvO will become better conditioned and stronger with a year within the OSU strength and conditioning program. Both of TvO's parents were high level athletes, so one would think that TvO will mature into a quicker and more powerful athlete during the next four years.

What does impress most observers about TvO now is her basketball IQ, passing ability, and willingness to shoot during clutch possessions of games. Assuming she remains healthy, she will put up 2,000+ points during her career because she is far-from-shy about pulling the trigger and Rueck so far has given TvO as much of a green light to shoot as any other freshman during his decade-plus coaching tenure in Corvallis.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Reading comprehension everybody! The only comparison I made between TVO and Clark is shooting range. That's it. Nothing else. Got it? Good.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
ESPN2 is going to go overtime on a wrestling match? Good lord.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Reading comprehension everybody! The only comparison I made between TVO and Clark is shooting range. That's it. Nothing else. Got it? Good.
Aw, come on NW, just having a little fun to dampen your "too enthusiastic" view of TvO! I do like her game and think she's helped improve OSU tremendously. Just don't let a game or two let you get too carried away on her range as I am not sold it's like Clark's range as I have seen her do it EVERY game whereas TvO has done that for 2 that I have seen.

You better hope Goodman comes back to play point guard as neither GoForth nor TvO are distributors....

Cheer up, I did just post that analysis supports the PAC12 as the top conference over the last 10 years in the "Stanford #1" thread.... ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aw, come on NW, just having a little fun to dampen your "too enthusiastic" view of TvO! I do like her game and think she's helped improve OSU tremendously. Just don't let a game or two let you get too carried away on her range as I am not sold it's like Clark's range as I have seen her do it EVERY game whereas TvO has done that for 2 that I have seen.

You better hope Goodman comes back to play point guard as neither GoForth nor TvO are distributors....

Cheer up, I did just post that analysis supports the PAC12 as the top conference over the last 10 years in the "Stanford #1" thread.... ;)
Debbie Downer. TVO doesn't shoot from really deep as often as Clark, but I've definitely seen her do it in more than 2 games. She's only played in 11 games so far.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I did say how much I like TvO, I just wanted to point out she's not Clark-ish in her skills. So yes, you only made a point on the long range shooting and I did take liberties on the overall comparison to Clark as I did want to assert the fact CC is that superior to any other freshman, other than Paige!!!! You happen to be collateral damage. Oops.
Happy Denzel Washington GIF by Bounce

Reaction Score
I did say how much I like TvO, I just wanted to point out she's not Clark-ish in her skills. So yes, you only made a point on the long range shooting and I did take liberties on the overall comparison to Clark as I did want to assert the fact CC is that superior to any other freshman, other than Paige!!!! You happen to be collateral damage. Oops.
Happy Denzel Washington GIF by Bounce
It will be awesome to see some of these freshman (and high schoolers) meet up in the NCAA Tournament!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Considering TvO is really a HS Senior, she really has been impressive. I look forward to seeing more of her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom