2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, we got through what was always going to be one of our toughest games of the SEC slate. Now onto Georgia.

I know it’s just basketball, but I’m emotional realizing Sunday is Senior Day. I moved to a new city in the fall of 2019 and followed this class from the beginning of the season on. It’s wild to think of the pandemic and all the other major events that have happened since.
Somehow it feels like forever ago and yesterday at once. We’ve watched Aliyah, Zia, and crew grow up.

I’m gonna miss these kids so much.

Reaction Score
Well, we got through what was always going to be one of our toughest games of the SEC slate. Now onto Georgia.

I know it’s just basketball, but I’m emotional realizing Sunday is Senior Day. I moved to a new city in the fall of 2019 and followed this class from the beginning of the season on. It’s wild to think of the pandemic and all the other major events that have happened since.
Somehow it feels like forever ago and yesterday at once. We’ve watched Aliyah, Zia, and crew grow up.

I’m gonna miss these kids so much.
You got that right. It’s like Brea, Zia and Aliyah came in connected from day 1.

Reaction Score
A bit of South Carolina politics for those originating from the Palmetto State. . Setting in the finance committee at the State House-a State Senator from Georgetown has proposed that we we tax anybody moving to South Carolina from out of state $250.00 Drives License Fee and a $250.00 Vehicle registration Fee. His reason, South Carolina can not support current infrastructure needs with a the influx of new residents moving in state. [480k over the last decade ]. South Carolina corporate Tax Rate 5%. Number of fortune 500 companies located in South Carolina Zero as of 2020. State just reported that they over estimated 3.4B in revenue on their books.

Reaction Score

Likely weren’t going to win anyway. Seems like this is Camden and Joyce Edwards’ year. Regardless, sad Lay not getting to close out her HS career on the court, and the opportunity to pull an upset. Will miss her at McD’s.

Reaction Score
Our senior 2019 recruiting class is 121 wins and 8 losses:

One: Who knows what coulda been year.
One FF year
One National championship year
One TBD year.

Best class in school history and among the top five all schools all time.

Thank You Kierra, but I would love to see Olivia get the “honorary “ 1 minute starting spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These freshies already got me all teary eyed. Each just dropped a thank you message on all of the South Carolina WBB social media sites. I was holding it together until Zia's and then the waterworks just started flowing.
I literally was crying so hard by the end of watching all of them I was doing the "can't catch my breath" kind of crying with snot running out my nose. (TMI? lol) IDK how to even begin thinking about dealing with tomorrow.

ETA: We need a "sad" emoji. Don't like using the frown bc it says "dislike."

Reaction Score
Our senior 2019 recruiting class is 121 wins and 8 losses:

One: Who knows what coulda been year.
One FF year
One National championship year
One TBD year.

Best class in school history and among the top five all schools all time.

Thank You Kierra, but I would love to see Olivia get the “honorary “ 1 minute starting spot.
Dawn doesn’t do honorary. You know she’s not changing anything tomorrow. Once the game starts she’ll want it to be all about the game. Now she may let Liv play more than normal if she has that opportunity but I’d bet my house she won’t start. (Not really). This will be a tough game. There’s a lot on the line here.

Reaction Score
These freshies already got me all teary eyed. Each just dropped a thank you message on all of the South Carolina WBB social media sites. I was holding it together until Zia's and then the waterworks just started flowing.
Yes, Zia completely took me out. They were all tear jerkers but Zia - whew.

Reaction Score
From GamecocksOnline:

The Gamecocks’ 2019 signing class – “The Freshies” – have won 93.8 percent of its college games (121-8), including a 42-6 mark against ranked teams (.875). The group has been ranked #1 in the AP Poll in for 66.7 percent of their careers (48 of 72 polls) and never been outside the top 10. They have three SEC regular-season titles, two SEC Tournament crowns and have played in the Final Four in every NCAA Tournament of their careers, claiming the title in 2022.

Not too shabby…

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
From GamecocksOnline:

The Gamecocks’ 2019 signing class – “The Freshies” – have won 93.8 percent of its college games (121-8), including a 42-6 mark against ranked teams (.875). The group has been ranked #1 in the AP Poll in for 66.7 percent of their careers (48 of 72 polls) and never been outside the top 10. They have three SEC regular-season titles, two SEC Tournament crowns and have played in the Final Four in every NCAA Tournament of their careers, claiming the title in 2022.

Not too shabby…
Very impressive, especially in this era of increased competition across the board.

Reaction Score
A bit of South Carolina politics for those originating from the Palmetto State. . Setting in the finance committee at the State House-a State Senator from Georgetown has proposed that we we tax anybody moving to South Carolina from out of state $250.00 Drives License Fee and a $250.00 Vehicle registration Fee. His reason, South Carolina can not support current infrastructure needs with a the influx of new residents moving in state. [480k over the last decade ]. South Carolina corporate Tax Rate 5%. Number of fortune 500 companies located in South Carolina Zero as of 2020. State just reported that they over estimated 3.4B in revenue on their books.
Moved back to SC after retiring from the military I have to pay over a grand to switch my 2 cars over to SC.

Reaction Score
Moved back to SC after retiring from the military I have to pay over a grand to switch my 2 cars over to SC.
Hopefully this idiotic proposal never makes it out of committee to a full vote. It is something you should check to see if the full body passes. ...but their is a US Law called "bill of attainder" that this proposal would seemingly violate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty92

Top Bottom